News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 12:01PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,427
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 536
Total: 536

Bonus payments

Started by Dundonald, 12-01-24, 10:39PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dundonald

Late last year our store manager,reportedly recieved a yearly bonus of 60k,we are a large extra with nightshift and dot com.All hourly paid staff recieved a £5 tesco gift card as a Christmas bonus in 2023,another local extra gave all their staff sweet F##K ALL for Christmas 2023.Did you guys do any better at Christmas?

1982dave

6£gift card here manager inline for a fat bonus in my store heard various amounts on what he will get .. has any other stores had the yearly survey meeting is it every voice matters or what matters to u I cannot remember what it's called

Sherwoodforest

@dundonald a kids selection box and choc orange only because i asked if store manager(we had 2.one on placement,1 on return to work)was coming on nights to thank us,neither did,which will be reflected in every voice matters
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Grassman

The whole store received a cheap looking pen with our name on it(incase we forgot who we are) and a dozen sweets taken from a box of celebrations. Really valued at Christmas time..hope management enjoy their bonus and share with the shift leaders who in my store do far more work than the managers who certainly know where Costa coffee is.

jonty

We got a small slab of chocolate then asked to fill in every voice matters lol

penguin

A relative of mine who works in an extra got a £1 bag of Jelly Babies and a choice of either a Cola or Fanta orange can as his so called xmas bonus, and then yes you guessed it asked to fill in every voice matters or viewpoint to those of us from the older days of Tesco.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

londoner83

When colleagues used to get cash bonuses, there used to be uproar that those on benefits never actually got to see any of the money as their benefits would be reduced due to the extra income....

It's a bit of a no win either way. Give products (people moan) give salary boost (people moan) do nothing (people moan).

Perhaps at the next pay review the money spent on Xmas staff bonuses can be negotiated away for better hourly pay.

oldfashionedplayer

would be nice if we actually saw any of the xmas staff bonus being used as a start, so they may aswell negotiate it away, it did affect universal ones though, typically come out worse off after receiving it, the company could give giftcards instead and that promotes shopping in-house and keeps money in the business... but nope..

Sizzle1968

Our new store manager suggested no meal and a goody bag for all 400 staff instead,it actually went down well as only third ever came for the meal. We had tub of sweets, finest crisps & matchmakers each. Not quite a Xmas bonus but better than curly sandwiches lol

Jacks

I would prefer an increase in my hourly rate than a bonus. A bonus is a perk and can be taken away, your hourly rate is built into your contract.

For example;

If I have a 10 hour contract at 11.02ph I earn £5730.40py (To make it simple I have assumed you are not of sick or taken any holidays in the year).

Bonus at 2.5% of £5730.4 = £143.26 for the year

Hourly rate increase to £12ph = £509.60 for the year

All colleagues receive a hourly increase, and does not have an impact on government benefits as a one of payment. With the changes in taxes and benefits being brought in an hourly increase I know will have a impact on those on low incomes eventually.

Sherwoodforest

@,sizzle clearly your manager appreciated you more than ours did and some others out there
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

1982dave

Heard a few say in my store managers had a Xmas meal and drinks paid for on night out

Hammer10

It's how the other half live them and us again we are being mugged off.

Raven

I did better this year than last. I got a bag of celebrations this time round. Nothing at all last year... although when I mentioned that to some staff this year they said they'd been given a crate of beer last year as their Christmas bonus. The year before that I was given a £1 scratchcard as my bonus... but one which only had a possible jackpot of £50.

Babs

I have absolutely no interest in the big 6 wheel, since they took our bonus away! As apparently, staff wanted more in their wages, love to know who got asked? As it wasn't me!
Stupid fools didn't realise they was only pence better off, the following April, lost the bonus for nothing!

1982dave

Quote from: Babs on 15-01-24, 11:47AMI have absolutely no interest in the big 6 wheel, since they took our bonus away! As apparently, staff wanted more in their wages, love to know who got asked? As it wasn't me!
Stupid fools didn't realise they was only pence better off, the following April, lost the bonus for nothing!
I had this discussion with the lady in office for  usdaw when I phoned to leave she told me every union member was balloted about this and it was agreed 5-10 minutes later after  a conversation and me asking several times when did this happen she said a while ago I left the union as they are not fit for purpose

penguin

Quote from: Babs on 15-01-24, 11:47AMI have absolutely no interest in the big 6 wheel, since they took our bonus away! As apparently, staff wanted more in their wages, love to know who got asked? As it wasn't me!
I always wondered who actually got asked, nobody in the store I was in at the time did. But lets not be silly we all know what most likely happened is Tesco told USDAW the non management staff bonus is going and as ever those at the top of USDAW capitulated and just agreed to it.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

lucgeo

They used to have a team of reps from some stores who were the chosen few, and every year they would meet to hear and discuss the latest wage increase offers etc...now these people are not really representative for your own store,  and have a cushty few days all expenses paid jolly!
These reps were there to speak for the staff...but most were only interested in making their own way up the chain to area organisers, many were in the rep training schools.

After all decided, the then store reps in your area were brought together for a meeting and informed of the agreed outcome, which was all hush hush and once told you were sent home for the rest of your shift as not at liberty to discuss to anyone, until officially released the next day! Such shenanigans for a foregone conclusion!

Every store manager gets a bonus...so next time you're scurrying from dept to dept, being called to answer every checkout call,minimum staff, no overtime and getting it in the ear because you haven't finished your routines...spare a thought for the poor store manager who on Christmas Eve will be found with the rest of the senior managers, toasting themselves for reaching targets off your backs and rubbing their greedy little mits in anticipation of their mighty bonus's!  :-[  :-X  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

HalloweenJack

Got absolutely nothing, and yes managers are all getting a fat bonus

madness

overall store managers or departments managers as well?

1982dave

Store managers getting a hefty bonus all managers getting a bonus aswell

Hammer10

Them and us again

fatlad

Thing is, they have to try coming up with incentives to be a TM as the gap in pay between ga's & tm's is always lessening & will do so once again come April

Morris999

If CA pay goes to £12+ in April it will put Shift leaders on a little less per month than a large percentage of TM's!
if the shift leader then gets paid for their early day or any breaks, they will be taking home more than the TM's, and that's before any overtime the shift leader does!
This will be the case till probably end of july.
No shift leader with anything about them will progress under those circumstances.
The company is already having to pay a larger % of external TM's £33k+ just to fill vacancies, you can imagine how that's going down with long term TM's who are finding themselves at the bottom of the pay scale, knowing SL's will soon be on pretty much the same wage!
It's why i personally think there will either be big pay rises for TM's this year or the CA pay rise will be in 2 stages to not only get rid of sunday premiums but to try and hoodwink TM's into thinking they got a good deal when in reality they didn't.

1982dave

No one gets a good deal with these pay rises from the company it's given with one hand taken with the other .. it's not the ca or shift leaders fault that managers pay hasn't gone up saying that it's not the shift leaders fault now either that the vast majority of the managers work is now dumped on them mayb apart from reviews .. said it a million times no one was forced to take a salary paid job in the company

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk