Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:28AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Shift Leader - Breaks & No security guards in morning.

Started by Youngmod93, 11-06-19, 11:57PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cairney39

It depends what it has been processed as on HRAM or if you are on work and pay.

Robert Onedin.

In my store we have no security in the mornings,they come on at 2pm I think.That has gone on for months,that's pretty bad isn't it?.In the mornings it is just up to managers or more likely us the staff to keep an eye out for suspicious behaviour and people hanging around etc.

dotnochance

Sorry to say I just don’t really bother with security issues any more for customers, I mean who am I going to report it to security are never in when I’m in the store, and can never find a manager anyway.

penguin

I just cant see the point of reporting shoplifting anymore, all managers and security do is ask them to put things back and take notes on what has been stolen and by whom, nobody actually tries to get the stuff back or detain anyone and I get that is policy not to put yourself at risk, but with staff unable to do anything and police usually refusing to investigate you have to ask why bother, its becoming a free for all and yet we get security managers coming into store telling us to smile and have a chat with the shoplifters and it will put them off, yeah can see that working when someone is looking iffy "morning mate how are you doing" " f off and leave me alone yeah"
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Nomad

penguin, you're spot on with you analysis.  Not just shoplifters but a large section of society respond to any enquiry or reasoned approach with " F-off"  :( 
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Then there is the ones who just scan every second item at the self service and walk out and when the security guard catches them the odd time they just pay full price and go back to business the next day. Maybe even offering a “hello mate” to the guard or till operator as they go.

King1999

Security at Tosco another joke 🤣🤣🤣🤣sooner watch staff all day with their cameras.Pathetic.

Robert Onedin.

Yes it seems to be more important to get the stock back than secure a conviction nowadays.Ages since I saw the cops in soon after some brought upstairs,even if they catch them as they leave they usually just take the stock off them and let them go.What's the point of that,they will be back the next day or soon after if they know no conviction is coming.

Nomad

Forgetting to pay, even more than once, is not a crime  8-)

QuoteIn 1994, Madeley was arrested for failing to pay for items, including champagne, on two separate occasions at a Tesco supermarket in Manchester. He was later acquitted of all shoplifting charges after citing lapses of memory.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

penguin

Ah the old lapse in memory excuse, a stock reply 30 odd years ago to anyone in court accused of nicking from a shop, "I am sorry Sir, I simply forgot to make payment" some got let off, others found the magistrate or judge to be less than impressed and got the book thrown at them.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk