News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:14PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Customer control.

Started by Nomad, 29-05-20, 10:38AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Tesco to manage customer numbers with 3D imaging system

QuoteWhen the store has reached its capacity, a red sign tells customers to wait, until someone leaves, when the screen will turn green to permit entry.

The system will be implemented at most Tesco stores, starting with the company’s 60 largest superstore and Tesco Extra outlets in the coming weeks. It can be tailored for different store sizes and formats, which affects the number of customers allowed inside at the same time, and a version for the Tesco Express stores is currently being considered.

However, at busier times, or priority shopping hours for the elderly and family carers, the doors will still be manned by staff

Who actually believes the majority of customers will obey a little red light !

And what would be the consequences for those who don't.  MM "Hilda, go and tell that customer to leave the store, they went through a red light"  ;D  8)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

penguin

Guess it’s cheaper than paying staff to control the number of customers, off course most will ignore it, some of them even take no notice of staff asking them to wait to go inside.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

lackofinterest

so thats social distancing deffo out the window if it wasnt already 8-). think i'll get in touch with the local rag when it's totally unsafe >:D

Omg1

Just a way to save money on staff but I agreee it won’t be the managers asking customers to leave . It will be a way to get more customers in the store to spend .

Cinderella

They’ve stopped restricting entrance at my store. I’m getting multiple complaints from customers about the lack of social distancing. Staff are feeling at risk and under pressure trying to control it

Hammer10

Don’t you mean customers out of control.its a free for all just waiting for second spike.

NorthernJ

We still have a person on the door slowing customers entry and cleaning trolley handles, but the social distancing people that were near the tills and produce isle are all gone now and those that still have a few weeks on their temporary contract are being made to fill or help with rumble etc.

Redshoes

We are the same, still have colleague on door, sometimes two but no longer at other places in the store

VladPutin

Quote from: Nomad on 29-05-20, 10:38AM
Tesco to manage customer numbers with 3D imaging system

QuoteWhen the store has reached its capacity, a red sign tells customers to wait, until someone leaves, when the screen will turn green to permit entry.

The system will be implemented at most Tesco stores, starting with the company’s 60 largest superstore and Tesco Extra outlets in the coming weeks. It can be tailored for different store sizes and formats, which affects the number of customers allowed inside at the same time, and a version for the Tesco Express stores is currently being considered.

However, at busier times, or priority shopping hours for the elderly and family carers, the doors will still be manned by staff

Who actually believes the majority of customers will obey a little red light !

And what would be the consequences for those who don't.  MM "Hilda, go and tell that customer to leave the store, they went through a red light"  ;D  8)

Yeah, good luck with that. We can't even get the stupid, selfish love children to obey the 2 Meters Distance Rule when they are inside the store.

The idiots who think up these ideas have never done a real day's work in their lives. >:(

manbearpig

Our store manager has turned our store into a free for all. He's letting in as many people as possible, there is little customer control now; there's no one on door anymore monitoring how many people are coming in, we've had numerous customers complaining to staff saying that they will not be returning to the shop as it was too packed and no one was obeying social distancing. We had queues for the checkouts winding around multiple aisles, it's ridiculous. Our SM is just seeing dollar signs, but no one says anything to him. 

King1999

Report him there a set rules,why are you putting up with it.

Fredthered

Our store is the same no queue outside manager thinks he is above the law who do I report him to?

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Shopper claims Teesside Tesco has 'lost control' as customers packed in amid covid concerns

QuoteThe concerned customer said they could not believe the amount of people who had crammed into the Tesco supermarket at Ingleby Barwick on Saturday morning.

The shopper claims that even staff members were concerned at the amount of people in the store and highlighted one incident where one mask-less man was spotted "walking around coughing".
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

dotnochance

Tesco never lost control! It’s a deliberate act from Tesco, they want more customers = more money, I’ve been seeing it on dotcom, the pick rate goes up and up making it nearly impossible to achieve the pic and social distance

dirty-donkey

And, as per usual, a Tosco spokesman's nose grew longer and longer as he waffled platitudes, company propaganda and rhetoric.
>:(

ClatterMan

I would say with half the shops in the country shut -tesco will only enforce any kind of customer restrictions when forced to-if a local authority ,council etc visits- (despite some stores having a traffic light system in place).Wonder what the average store profit has increased by over the past year ?.

Munchkin

The total number of customers allowed in store is set by head office using the total square footage and social distancing guidelines.... However this is a guideline only and whilst the total should not be exceeded it can be less as the customer flow should be monitored to prevent excessive numbers gathering in certain areas. Most local councils have now set up whistle blowing hotlines for employees of non compliant businesses..this pandemic is not going away let's all use these hotlines and make this appalling company listen to our fears

VladPutin

I regularly see customers wearing neither masks nor exemption lanyards. When challenged, they spit the dummy out and claim they are exempt but don't wear a lanyard because they don't want to draw attention to their disability. Well tough mammary glands, pal. It's the law. Either wear the mask or wear the lanyard. Your feelings don't enter into it.

Of course, managers don't enforce the law, because they don't want those pathetic losers spending their money somewhere else.

NightAndDay

They can't be challenged on their medical exemption, there is no law that forces them to wear a lanyard if they do fall under that catergory, blame the overpaid lawmakers for the provision being added that they can't be challenged, even though it cancels out the whole law.

Redshoes

Quote from: VladPutin on 11-02-21, 05:47PM
I regularly see customers wearing neither masks nor exemption lanyards. When challenged, they spit the dummy out and claim they are exempt but don't wear a lanyard because they don't want to draw attention to their disability. Well tough mammary glands, pal. It's the law. Either wear the mask or wear the lanyard. Your feelings don't enter into it.

Of course, managers don't enforce the law, because they don't want those pathetic losers spending their money somewhere else.

Challenge is the wrong word, that goes against everything we have been briefed. We are to offer masks to those not wearing in a supportive and friendly way. If they say no we just leave it. It’s mandatory to wear mask unless exempt but you don’t have to prove exemption and should never be challenged on it.
Same with shopping with someone else. We ask for people to shop alone but don’t enforce as some people need support.
We ask that people don’t shop daily. Most are buying more and shopping less often now. Enough are doing this for the company to look at shopping trends. My store is taking more money with less people, we are not a dot.com store. We don’t enforce this either. 
Same with cash payment, we encourage card but don’t refuse cash. We have people who come in wearing masks who pull them down to like fingers to count out cash. We ask them to try not to do this but we don’t refuse them. We have hand sanitiser at the tills and our colleague clean hands after a cash transaction.
Personally I am more worried about my fellow colleague who are not just bending the rules, they are breaking them. I am in closer contact with them than customers. We work together and hear of people meeting others, they say “they are in my bubble” but someone else was in the bubble earlier in the week and someone else next week.

VladPutin

Quote from: NightAndDay on 11-02-21, 06:20PM
They can't be challenged on their medical exemption, there is no law that forces them to wear a lanyard if they do fall under that catergory, blame the overpaid lawmakers for the provision being added that they can't be challenged, even though it cancels out the whole law.

Well, yes. Politicians and lawyers are some of the few people I have even less respect for than managers and customers. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk