Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:21PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 287
Total: 291

Am I supposed to be off for 12 weeks? conflicting info :(

Started by Freebird123, 29-03-20, 03:09PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dotnochance

wait all the people who where advised to shield in July where the clinically extremely vulnerable?

notsofunny

Quote from: dotnochance on 03-11-20, 02:35PM
its all clinically extremely vulnerable staff off, and category c staff (no idea who category c people are) oh and it looks like only the people who had occupational health are going off. when i came back i was offered OH but decided not too, guess i f***ed myself

It's should not matter if you had OH or not .if you are in the group as clinically  extreme  you are covered.  . Having spoken to a few friends that did not have OH done . They have got a call not to come in from Friday...

dotnochance

Ok I'll post my conditions to see why I'm a bit upset, my lifelong asthma atm is "uncontrolled" i.e. my meds are being changed about to see what works as my old inhalers don't work. I was also off with flu back in January and developed severe chest infection(which I get with flu) that I'm still taking steroid tablets 9 months later.  So with my respiratory problems me getting covid wouldn't  be the best idea, all I can do is "be careful" lol

BasketMaster

Dear all,

Ahead of the lockdown in England and different restrictions across the UK, I want to make sure that all colleagues have the latest advice, and to reassure you that our priority remains your health, safety and wellbeing.

In England, the Government has advised that from 5 November, people who are deemed to be Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (CEV) should not go to work if they are unable to work from home. As a business we have taken the decision to ask all CEV colleagues and Clinically Vulnerable (CV) colleagues who have been deemed higher risk by Occupational health â€" including those living in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales â€" to not come to work from 5 November to 2 December 2020. These colleagues will be paid and we will review the situation throughout November in advance of 2 December.

Further guidance has been shared with managers and people partners. Colleagues should be aware if they fall into one of these categories but please do speak to your manager if you are unsure if this policy applies to you.

The last few months have been challenging for us all. COVID-19 has brought a huge amount of uncertainty, and I’m sure for many of us, greater levels of stress and anxiety than usual into our lives. Please remember the resources we have available to you all on Headspace and SilverCloud, to support your mental wellbeing. I’d encourage you to take five minutes out of your day today, do something for yourself, sign up to these resources and explore what they can offer. You can access both from a computer, tablet or phone and more information is available on Our Tesco.

As ever, the best ways to avoid catching and spreading the virus, are to follow social distancing measures â€" including keeping two metres away from those not in your household, wearing a face covering where required (unless exempt) and good hygiene practices. It’s really important that we all play our part, by requesting a test if we experience symptoms, self-isolating where necessary and following the instructions of the contact tracing teams.

More than ever, the contribution of our colleagues in delivering for our customers is of critical importance. Thank you once again for all your efforts.

My very best wishes to you and your families, and please take care.

Natasha Adams

Pmjd84

Quote from: Started2008 on 03-11-20, 01:46PM
Quote from: Pmjd84 on 03-11-20, 01:33PM
The new updated guidance is up on colleague help. The clinically extremely vulnerable and the higher tier clinically vulnerable colleagues are paid sick leave until 2nd December. This is for the whole of the UK not just England

I can’t seem to find it would you be able to provide a link to it so I can show my manager?

https://colleague-help.ourtesco.com/hc/article_attachments/360073386252/Coronavirus_Question_and_Answers._v12.7_21.10.2020_.pdf

Pmjd84

Yes I got a call soon after asking to shield for 4 weeks. It’s the people who went back to work end of June who aren’t included in this shielding this time round. If you had to shield until august then you’re one of the ones who should be shielding this time round. I was told they have a list from last time so I’d imagine you’ll be contacted shortly if that’s you. If you went through Occupational health & you came up as category A or B then you don’t need to shield. If you were off until August but didn’t take the OH survey it doesn’t matter, you still have to shield. If you think you should be included then you can ask your manager to request an OH review for you to fill in. I think thats explained in the above link.

Welshie

Quote from: dotnochance on 03-11-20, 03:28PM
Ok I'll post my conditions to see why I'm a bit upset, my lifelong asthma atm is "uncontrolled" i.e. my meds are being changed about to see what works as my old inhalers don't work. I was also off with flu back in January and developed severe chest infection(which I get with flu) that I'm still taking steroid tablets 9 months later.  So with my respiratory problems me getting covid wouldn't  be the best idea, all I can do is "be careful" lol

I believe that it is anyone who is on medication that makes them immunosuppressed and would be at more risk of catching covid . Your illnesses would make you more at risk of being extremely ill from covid , Tesco just have to prevent staff from catching it .
That is just the impression I get from those I know who have been told to shield and not me saying this is right or wrong .

Tossgo

Quote from: Pmjd84 on 03-11-20, 05:25PM
Yes I got a call soon after asking to shield for 4 weeks. It’s the people who went back to work end of June who aren’t included in this shielding this time round. If you had to shield until august then you’re one of the ones who should be shielding this time round. I was told they have a list from last time so I’d imagine you’ll be contacted shortly if that’s you. If you went through Occupational health & you came up as category A or B then you don’t need to shield. If you were off until August but didn’t take the OH survey it doesn’t matter, you still have to shield. If you think you should be included then you can ask your manager to request an OH review for you to fill in. I think thats explained in the above link.

This is the 100% correct information 👍🏼 For anyone who’s not sure what’s what.

biggguy

Reading posts still bit unsure of these categories is cat A high risk or cat C ?because reading post above A and B are not high risk??? By the way doesn't affect me although a colleague I know of who has has a major heart attack hasn't been sent home but a mild asthmatic has ????

expressman77

Having had a heart attack doesn't necessary mean you are at high risk of Covid,  but having asthma ,depending on how serious, could put you at risk.

Welshie

Sorry to drag up an old post.  In earlier replays on this topic there were a few "carers", have any of you taken time off this time around ? Do you know if provision has been made for carers to take unpaid leave ? It's quite difficult to find concrete information when each nation seems to have it's own rules but any information on this would be good . Thanks

Morris999

Welshie, same options are open to carers this time as was in the first lockdown.
Unpaid leave until the limit, Lifestyle Break or Holidays
It’s just a matter of talking to your manager, there’s no real reason while it should be declined.
We have a few colleagues in my store that have taken lifestyle breaks, they asked for time off and it was granted immediately.
Hope this helps.

sunshineman

Hi, can anyone shed light on the rights of people who are vunerable.

I have a relative who is vunerable. They have been off since last march. They were furlough due to the government letter. When it was time to go back to work their GP said they could not and need to stay off work due to their health. So, the GP put them on long term sick. Their Tesco sick pay ran out a couple of months ago and now they are just getting £95 per week SSP. However, an advisor has now told them that Tesco should put them on furlough again because they have received a government letter. Can anyone please shed light on this, maybe a union rep or anyone with knowledge on this.

They want to go back to work but their GP has told them they are at serious risk and now with the letter from the Government they still have to stay off.

They are suffering serious financial problems because the GP will not let them go back to work and with Boris letter. Can they ask Tesco to put them back on furlogh while they are on the sick

Morris999

Hi Sunshine,

First thing is that Tesco never put any of its employees on furlough, so will not be putting your relative back on it.
What Tesco did was decide to fully pay all colleagues who fell into the critical vulnerable(CV) up till end of June and then for the critical extremely vulnerable(CEV) colleagues until end of June then use company sick pay until end of July topped up if colleagues had used up their entitlement.
When the second lockdown happened under government advice only the CEV were to be off from work, so again Tesco paid them with company sick pay topped up if they had ran out of their entitlement.
Again with this lockdown under government advice it’s only the CEV that are off from work being paid with company sick pay, again topped up if the colleagues have ran out of entitlement.

From what my understanding of the policy was last time was that if the colleague who is CEV was off sick before any lockdowns happened then they would be paid sick pay until they ran out then only SSP, this wouldn’t be topped up due to a lockdown as the colleague was off with a separate fit note before it happened.
This may have changed with a policy update.

Now your relative should have been referred to OH if they had a shielding letter during the first lockdown, who would have advised them/Tesco whether they could return to work.
From my understanding only a very small handful of colleagues who were classed as CEV were told not to return to work in August, these would have had regular reviews with OH and would have been paid company sick pay topped up if ran out.

Unfortunately Tesco are not going to furlough any colleagues and this debate was had on here back in may/June.

Your best option is to talk to their Store Manager about where they stand and update policies.

sunshineman

They were promised OH for a few months and nothing happened. It was only this week that someone rang them and promised they would receive a report via email the same day before it goes to the store. The email letter never arrived. OH said they were going to class them as moderate risk.

I have just looked on the online system where there is a message from Jason Tory, and this is the interesting part

Supporting our colleagues

As we have throughout the pandemic, we continue to support our colleagues affected by COVID-19 with paid absence from day one.
    We have recruited more than 11,000 temporary colleagues to help stores across the UK this Christmas.
    In recognition of the incredible work of our colleagues on the front line, we’re paying a 10% bonus over the festive period.

See they just don't know where they stand. It says paid from day one. Tesco have been great, lets be honest, the way they have been supporting their staff. But on the other hand, if they got furlough from the govt then people like this i think would be ok. They dont want to put their job at risk by looking like they are moaning. Their GP told them not to return to work and now they have another letter to shield again, so they just don't know what to do.

They also dont understand what this is on their pay slip SSP rectro pay,  and sick leave pay rectro.

Welshie

The paid from day one is for colleagues isolating not shielding  . I was reading the latest covid updates on Monday, cev  staff that were already off sick will not be  moved to shielding and so wont be entitled to wages topped up .

Welshie

Quote from: Morris999 on 02-01-21, 06:22PM
Welshie, same options are open to carers this time as was in the first lockdown.
Unpaid leave until the limit, Lifestyle Break or Holidays
It’s just a matter of talking to your manager, there’s no real reason while it should be declined.
We have a few colleagues in my store that have taken lifestyle breaks, they asked for time off and it was granted immediately.
Hope this helps.

From new updated policy if you used up your options last time , there are no more unpaid options available . That's how I'm reading the latest updates sadly

Morris999

For a lot of colleagues they only get sick pay after the 3rd day off sick, what Tesco have done is that if you test positive or have to isolate then the 3 day rule is waived and you get paid from day 1, but only for COVID related absences.

If you have a letter from PHE/NHS/Matt Hancock identifying you as someone who is CEV then you shield regardless of what OH have said.
But it must say you have been identified as someone who is critically extremely vulnerable, not critically vulnerable.

As for retro pay, it’s to show what’s been coded after the cut off date for each pay period.
So colleagues can distinguish what they have been paid in each pay period.
Before you wouldn’t know which overtime etc was from which period in each pay period.
EG.
Pay day is January 8th but cut off is Thursday 31st December.
Anything worked/paid different other than contracted (overtime,holiday, sick)after the 31st December will show as retro pay in February’s pay period, but as normal contracted in January’s.

Corfu

The cut off for Jan pay was 30/12/20 due to New Year, payroll signed off Thursday instead of Friday. Hope this help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk