News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-04-24, 08:58AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,430
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 610
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 548
Total: 548

Pandemics & Tesco's policy

Started by Orangutan, 24-02-20, 09:51AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taliahad

One of the worst things for spreading this disease must be cash, dirty, germ ridden cash.  I am surprised that there isn't a campaign to discourage the use of it.  I've had people, put notes in their mouths whilst they rummage in their wallets, then hand me the note and I've had horrible, red hot coins dropped into my hand from people who have been holding them tightly whilst queuing.  It's stomach churningly, disgusting.  Let's all stop using the stuff and use cards or our phones because cashiers can't easily get off the till and go scrub their hands. 

Twinkeltoes1

What happens if you dont have cards or a phone, you penalise those people?

taliahad

I'd say to people who don't have bank cards, "get a bank card and stop putting me at risk by insisting on using germ ridden cash."  That's what I'd say to those people. 

lucgeo

So you wouldn't be catching anything when you type your pin onto the card reader, or ATM ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

just curious

Quote from: taliahad on 15-03-20, 01:13PM
One of the worst things for spreading this disease must be cash, dirty, germ ridden cash.  I am surprised that there isn't a campaign to discourage the use of it.  I've had people, put notes in their mouths whilst they rummage in their wallets, then hand me the note and I've had horrible, red hot coins dropped into my hand from people who have been holding them tightly whilst queuing.  It's stomach churningly, disgusting.  Let's all stop using the stuff and use cards or our phones because cashiers can't easily get off the till and go scrub their hands. 

Cash has been around for centuries , it was around in Roman times if not longer ? , did they get ill by handling it ? , Cash was King for centuries along with bartering , yes cash can carry bugs / germs but  so can chip and pin card readers etc and whats to say some cashiers  / colleagues are not scruffy urchins and have no hygiene standards . some colleagues can carry more bugs than a note or a coin ?
If you do not like cash i am sure there are plenty of people on here who would gladly have all of your coins and notes seeing as you do not like cash ?

taliahad

Quote from: lucgeo on 15-03-20, 04:56PM
So you wouldn't be catching anything when you type your pin onto the card reader, or ATM ???

I could cover my hand whilst using a chip and pin machine, I can go straight home and wash my hands, I could wipe it over before use, I could use contactless maybe.  I'm just saying cash is dirty and I have seen people put notes in their mouths.  If customers use a card, I don't have to touch it, I don't have to pick up change and hand it to them, all this is potentially spreading the virus.   

taliahad

Quote from: just curious on 15-03-20, 05:00PM
Quote from: taliahad on 15-03-20, 01:13PM

Cash has been around for centuries , it was around in Roman times if not longer ? , did they get ill by handling it ? , Cash was King for centuries along with bartering , yes cash can carry bugs / germs but  so can chip and pin card readers etc and whats to say some cashiers  / colleagues are not scruffy urchins and have no hygiene standards . some colleagues can carry more bugs than a note or a coin ?
If you do not like cash i am sure there are plenty of people on here who would gladly have all of your coins and notes seeing as you do not like cash ?

Yes I know cash has been around for centuries, what is your point?  Some colleagues carry bugs, you may be right, what is your point?  Your last paragraph is very silly, why did you bother?  I stand by my statement, cash is dirty, better to pay by card. 

Mark calloway

lucgeo

Quote from: taliahad on 15-03-20, 05:16PM
Quote from: lucgeo on 15-03-20, 04:56PM

I could cover my hand whilst using a chip and pin machine, I can go straight home and wash my hands, I could wipe it over before use, I could use contactless maybe.  I'm just saying cash is dirty and I have seen people put notes in their mouths.  If customers use a card, I don't have to touch it, I don't have to pick up change and hand it to them, all this is potentially spreading the virus.

Perhaps you'd be better shopping online...but then, would you trust the delivery to be sterile enough for you to take into your home?

lucgeo

So are the shopfloor colleagues still being pulled onto checkouts every few minutes?? If they can't replenish the shelves, then this in itself is causing customer backlog!
Go on tell me the SM and senior teams have actually rolled their sleeves up and are pitching in :-X

madness

if im on duty i will be doing bugger all to support checkouts, people expect to queue right now so i'll do what's right for the shop floor.

Hammer10

Don’t see any of the bigwigs helping out bet they are all at home playing with their computers.

SauronBaggins

So a colleague of mine got sent home on Friday after showing symptoms, and called up the store today to say he'll be back tomorrow, and the manager has okayed it!  Surely if you're self isolating then you need to stay off for the duration?

lucgeo

If the colleague was sent home... they stay home and self isolate for seven days.
Is the manager who ok'd his return aware of the reason for his absence?

Walker

It's now the case that you're supposed to stay home for 14 days if anyone in your family develops the symptoms (new persistent dry cough OR fever).

Paupers wage

What is policy regarding taking a period of months off if wanting to avoid taking home Coronavirus to an elderly relative who shares the same home, when the situation deteriorates in the weeks ahead when reaching the peak of this virus and deaths

Walker

I don't think there is one...

This is precisely the position I am in.

Paupers wage

I vaguely recall career breaks of unpaid up-to 12 weeks where no reason has to be given surely Tesco’s would be aware of this situation as a “caring employer”, or is it a jack it in if push comes to shove to mitigate the chance of bringing Coronavirus home and the deadly consequences

Freddie31

All london stores to close at 10pm until further notice

Preacherpauly

So when the country goes in to an eventual lockdown, were still going to be there at work serving these maniacs who insist on leaving nothing for other people.

We better be getting a bonus and im not talking about a f****ng cold selection buffet.

Siwel123

I think they're saying most 24 hour stores will shut at night as that's what our managers think is coming into affect very soon

Mark calloway

Our store is closed now at midnight until further notice.

Welshie

I would have thought staying open and trying to spread cus6throughout the 24hr period would have been safer but who knows . What part of the country is that ?

Halftone84

I know the local extra in the west mids is closing 12-6, has been since Friday I think I was told.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk