News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 03:11PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 428
Total: 430

New contract concerns

Started by Paper Rose, 26-05-22, 10:39AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barafear

Quote from: Jackwarda on 07-06-22, 03:14PM
@barafear, thank you for your time and help;

Q1 - it appears not, structural changes have, will be made, meaning there is no job or hrs in the dept I left. [only what I was told on phone. Nothing formal or in writing] seeking advice on this!

Q2 - it appears not, I do not get any as I have not earned any. [only what I was told on phone. Nothing formal or in writing] seeking advice on this!

Q3 - Again as in Q2, It appears not. [only what I was told on phone. Nothing formal or in writing] seeking advice on this!

Do you or any member of VLH have copies, extracts of hand book, policy that relates to this, where can I get confirmation, so that I can argue the case, thanks

How many years service did you have before you went on your lifestyle break?
At the point of going on your break, had you taken more leave than you had earned during that year?

Other than that, go on ourtesco and search for lifestyle break. (look for colleague help first and then search)

Lifestyle Break: What happens to my holiday accrued whilst on lifestyle break?
Date updated: July 07, 2021 08:26
You will continue to earn statutory holiday whilst you are away, as well as any remaining contractual holiday you had earned but not taken before you started your Lifestyle Break. All of this holiday will be paid up to you at the end of your leave, so that you return to work with no outstanding holiday remaining. Once back at work you will start to earn your contractual holiday entitlement again, to take by the end of the holiday year (31st March).

Partial Holiday Disbursement Pay

What is 'Partial Holiday Disbursement Pay' on my Payslip?

If you have been away from business on Lifestyle break, the statutory holidays accrued during the lifestyle break will be paid to you upon your return. The payment will appear as 'Partial Holiday Disbursement Pay'

What happens to Contractual holidays entitlement?

The contractual holiday entitlement will not be earned whilst on Lifestyle break

How is 'Partial Holiday Disbursement Pay' calculated?

The partial holiday disbursement pay is calculated in line with Holiday pay policy. You will receive best of 52 weeks average or contractual pay

lucgeo

Was it a career break or a lifestyle break??

A lifestyle break, contract as before and honoured!
A career break, contract broken. 
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Jackwarda

@barafear @lucgeo No I had holidays  owed, they were used before xmas and after till spent.

-Sorry it was Lifestyle, they do not do carear ones now, or then!. But under the structure change as I was informed, my position, hrs no longer exist in department.
- 9 years , then 10 was in May 2022.
- Leave taking, no it was underused, because of circumstances

- so am I right in thinking, during the break, I acrued hollidays? April 2022 to April 2023, I should be taking holidays. Statuatry are ones the govt say you have, Contractual are all the extra bits and stuff you would get if you worked the year

thanks for the lead and info

Jackwarda

Well, answer to holiday question, No holidays at all, not even statuatry ones, if all hollidays used by March 2022. You dont get any for Apl 2022 to 2023.

If you have a break, your job is not atomaticaly kept open for you when you go back.

not the news I wanted to hear.

lackofinterest

no good going to tesdaw. they don't represent us, they represent tosco!! >:( >:(

barafear

Quote from: Jackwarda on 08-06-22, 03:55PM
Well, answer to holiday question, No holidays at all, not even statuatry ones, if all hollidays used by March 2022. You dont get any for Apl 2022 to 2023.

If you have a break, your job is not atomaticaly kept open for you when you go back.

not the news I wanted to hear.

I'm assuming this info is coming from your manager?
Have you been on OurTesco to read the policy? Maybe you need to share it with your manager?

Here's a snip of the policy:

14. What happens to my permanent role when I am on Lifestyle Break?

Your role may be temporarily filled with a secondment or a colleague on a temporary contract for the duration of your Lifestyle Break.

This means that you'll return to your permanent role when your Lifestyle Break finishes, unless:
- you have agreed upfront to move into a different position on your return, or,
- there's a restructure whilst you're on a Lifestyle Break, or,
- the company were unable to fill your role with a temporary contract, as the job skills are difficult to recruit for on a temporary basis.

In these circumstances, you will be offered an alternative role, similar to your previous role, on no less favourable terms and conditions

Go on Ourtesco and print out the policy and share with your manager.

Albeit, actually finding it on Ourteasco was a bit of a struggle!!

try searching for this:

Lifestyle Break Policy V.2.4 November 2021.pdf

Good luck

Redshoes

If you come back and can't do the hours as you did before it's like any change, they can look and try to find you the hours you want/need in same dept you were in before. It sounds like you have had a big change in your life and as such the hours you are available are available. I suggest another phone call to store if you are unable to go in and talk face to face. It's not far off until July and you need a clear picture of your hours and job role.

Jackwarda

@barafear and @redshoes, your input and help has been great.

Yes, the info has been found and will be printed out, best prepare my case.

@redshoes. the dept has been restructured, so no job to return to. They looking at other dept for me.
- However no attempt was made to contact me to inform of no job due to restructure. In policy, it does say, legaly they are obliged to contact me in some form to let me know of restructure change, involving someone who is involved in it.

There are other issues, but I will go through policy then get myself ready for a meeting, which I asume I must have

Jackwarda

@barafear and @redshoes, Thank you very much for your input and help.  Matter has been resolved, rather a surprise. But done and dusted it seems!

barafear

Resolved in your favour? Do you have a role to return to that suits you? Are you getting paid for your statutory holidays whilst off? and do you have the statutory holiday allowance for the current 22/23 year?

Jackwarda

@barafear
Resolved Yes. No original role to go back to, restructured. Alternative role, not ideal, but acceptable and workable around family commitments.
Due to commitments, I will not be required to work extra hrs, OT or other days. New availability form to be completed to reflect these changes.
No outstanding holidays owed, 2021 to 2022. for 2022 to 2023, days will be accrued the day I go back and start working.

Hopefully things will fall into place. It has been a very stressful and upsetting year, not only for me but for others concerned.  All this has added more pressure and worry. Glad It is over.
Lucky Im a fighter.
Thank you to all those who offered advice and support, sourcing information isnt easy at times when you dont know where to get it. But cracked it.

lucgeo

Did they offer you a trial of 4 weeks on new dept/role for suitability 8-)

It seems, tbf, they have worked with you, but just a small word of caution, get everything agreed, signed and in your file regarding you not being required to work OT, extras or days etc...it's amazing how some managers have selective memories come busy trading periods, also the manager(s) who have agreed to this, may move on and their replacements could refuse to acknowledge any VERBAL agreement made with the previous manager(s) :-\

barafear

I'm still surprised about the lack of paid statutory holiday for the period (year) of your lifestyle break when it seems fairly clear in the policy?

Jackwarda

@lucgeo
oh yes I will make sure its all in writing, also in file. I will keep all copies of letters sent to SM and A letter will be sent to be placed in file regarding the Care & legal issues, hrs, work etc, just to make sure if any problems, it can be referred to. A full time family carer should not be hassled or bullied.
NO one mentioned 4 week trial? I assume then if I dont like it, they dont like it, as no where else to go, its out the door?

@barafear, not sure what you are meaning. 2021 to 2022 [March] i had all the holidays due. Nothing left over. [April] 2022 to current time [June] and up to the point I return, they say I have nothing. Only when I start back to March 2023, will I get any holidays if this makes sense [still uncertain about this point]

barafear

Assuming you had a year off - let's say it was April 2021 to April 2022 - then you would not have had the opportunity to "take any holiday" - as you were not at work and unable to "use leave" - the lifestyle policy states that at the end of your lifestyle break, you would get paid for this holiday.

ifestyle Break: What happens to my holiday accrued whilst on lifestyle break?
Date updated: July 07, 2021 08:26
You will continue to earn statutory holiday whilst you are away, as well as any remaining contractual holiday you had earned but not taken before you started your Lifestyle Break. All of this holiday will be paid up to you at the end of your leave, so that you return to work with no outstanding holiday remaining. Once back at work you will start to earn your contractual holiday entitlement again, to take by the end of the holiday year (31st March).

Jackwarda

@barafear I think what they did as I was zero wages, they paid in the months I was due to take holiday and in Feb or March all outstanding was paid. thats why no holiday or money owed.

lucgeo

It should have been an option for you to trial the new dept, but if all other avenues were exhausted?

The most important thing is they have all the agreements written and signed, and they officially recognise you as a main carer. This will be important for future discussions with regard RHRP and time off for dependants!

Jackwarda

@lucgeo Thanks. A letter stating [to place in my file] has been sent, explaining details of registered carer. No other family person but myself. Once availability form arrives, it will be completed and sent with back up letter, regrading hrs. Once return and new contract, details have been sorted, nothing will be agreed or signed, until I have written confirmation regarding hrs and days.  Legally can not earn more than what Govt say, will lose carers allowance. Work & care life will be done in two different areas of the country, so physically can not do the rest of the week.
However @lucgeo, if forced or shove comes to push, I know who I will put first. But we will see...

Andi

I've done that availability form with senior team manager. I work night shift and this multi skilling c**p wouldn't work with night shift as we are pushed as it is with overstock and delivery to be done in a 7.5 hour shift, shelves are empty when we come in and we may be coming in to 8+ overstock cages and then a rush to get delivery done. Can't see any of night shift going to dotcom at 5 or 6am because if we don't get finished their availability is up the spout!

I also heard that our store manager went to Manchester for a meeting about night shift and apparently there is a big announcement in Oct. If they offer me my redundancy I'm not saying no to it!  You couldn't do our job on twilight or days, no cages on their backs for rubbish, 1 cage out at a time, being called to checkouts never mind pain in the arse customers! Frig that for a carry on. The company has gone to the dogs 20 years of this c**p is enough!

Grandad

With this new contract...Will this apply to staff that started before June 05?
Those that don't want/wish to be trained on checkouts??!!
Personally I want to say tosco "shove it where there no sun!!"

Sherwoodforest

Yes its a new contract im afraid
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

King1999

2005 still stands no checkout training if you don't want to, it doesn't cover self serve or scan as you shop though.From the mouth of a union rep in our store.

Sherwoodforest

The new contract im told abolishes the 05 as no difference in pay scale and checkout staff are trained on other areas also
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

lackofinterest

wrong. they can be trained on self serve or self scan though. unless you're untrainable  ;)  ;)  ;)

Redshoes

New card only tills in some stores. It's not like when it was tried first time round as these till have had software update that won't allow cash payment. Those who were not comfortable handling money will be able to go on a card only till. It's in trial stage but we all know what a trial means.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk