News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

24-04-24, 07:23AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,401
  • Total Topics: 637
  • Online today: 317
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Breaks.

Started by Mark calloway, 15-02-22, 12:34AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ihavequestions23

Quote from: lucgeo on 28-02-22, 08:02AM
Again...added to your other posts, your breaks can be dictated as to when taken. However it must not exceed four hours between breaks in stores ( not dot.com colleagues )

The length of your breaks, is dictated by the shift you are working, as you're unpaid for that break, no one can alter your breaks to less amount than your entitlement.

If you've got a 30 min unpaid break time allowance per shift, then you/they can ask to take two 15 mins instead, however this must by mutual agreement.

The issue is those who they won't approach get to have whatever breaks they want. They tell us we are allowed a half hour and an hour and at specific times, but we have people who go for one and a half hours at once, those who have no actual full break but go out for smoke breaks, those who take two 45 minute breaks, those who come in an hour late and have one half hour break, those who leave one hour early and have one half hour break... but they are yet to be pulled up about it.

BUY TESLA STOCK

stop moaning join in instead

lucgeo

There could be numerous reasons why some are taking different break formats and their reasons should remain private.
Some may have medical conditions...diabetes, muscle or skeletal problems which would require shorter regular breaks or a longer resting break.

Regular smoke breaks instead, will never be challenged whilst managers smoke themselves. Sometimes it's more beneficial for the store for someone to just pop out for a quick smoke and snack...their absence in short bursts can keep the momentum going!

For those arriving an hour late, or leaving an hour early? They may have a shorter shift contract to yours, which would explain them only having a 30 min break. If they are contracted to the same hours, then someone is manual clocking them in or out??

Trust me, don't go interfering on this breaks/shift length thing, as it'll come back and bite you hard on the arse!!

If you would prefer a different set of break times, ask! Offer to go different time to others, so there's a continuous presence on the shop floor, to keep on top of the filling or clear cages or cardboard out?
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

gomezz

Quote from: lucgeo on 01-03-22, 08:18AMSometimes it's more beneficial for the store for someone to just pop out for a quick smoke and snack...their absence in short bursts can keep the momentum going!
I am tempted to call that twaddle but as a dot com driver a five or ten minute gap parked up at the end of an each hour's deliveries where possible does help with managing energy levels throughout the day.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

ihavequestions23

Quote from: lucgeo on 01-03-22, 08:18AM
There could be numerous reasons why some are taking different break formats and their reasons should remain private.
Some may have medical conditions...diabetes, muscle or skeletal problems which would require shorter regular breaks or a longer resting break.

Regular smoke breaks instead, will never be challenged whilst managers smoke themselves. Sometimes it's more beneficial for the store for someone to just pop out for a quick smoke and snack...their absence in short bursts can keep the momentum going!

For those arriving an hour late, or leaving an hour early? They may have a shorter shift contract to yours, which would explain them only having a 30 min break. If they are contracted to the same hours, then someone is manual clocking them in or out??

Trust me, don't go interfering on this breaks/shift length thing, as it'll come back and bite you hard on the arse!!

If you would prefer a different set of break times, ask! Offer to go different time to others, so there's a continuous presence on the shop floor, to keep on top of the filling or clear cages or cardboard out?

I find the regular smoke breaks can never be challenged comment hilarious, since this is exactly what has been challenged. We are now unable to go out for any smoke breaks unless it is during our set breaks. Oh, but this doesn't stand for everyone, only those they aren't afraid to tell. I've been told we will be investigated if we divert from our set breaks yet I've always skipped my break and had smoke breaks, and so have others, and suddenly it's an issue. It's a power play and for absolutely no reason.

Checkout Superstar

I work on a department with two colleagues who are regularly taking the p**s when it comes to breaks yet some how its flown under the radar of management. I'm worried if I tell I will be branded a grass but I'm actually now sick of having to do extra work just so they can go off and drink coffees all the time. What should I do?     

NightAndDay

Do the same, don't fear your manager, if they're lettimg them get away with it he'll have to let you get away with it as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk