News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

25-04-24, 07:50PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,409
  • Total Topics: 638
  • Online today: 597
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 405
Total: 408

JACKS TO CLOSE AND MORE JOBS GOING

Started by Vinny1985, 01-02-22, 07:05AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkyPoo

Just wondered if the stores losing the night shift have PI and Merchandisers there overnight and if they are going to?

thor god of thunder

It will just get done in the day too, can't see only certain things being kept on night while filling goes etc, it's all or nothing.

whatajoke2019

I don't know what the hours for merchandising would be but in terms of PI you'd have colleagues in until close of store to complete the first wave of labels then someone in again around 5am to complete the second batch.

trolleyboy96

We've been twilight for a good few years, pi yep split and the hours they get cut massively, we went from 145 down to 60, it's tight! Have to use the stock controllers to work an hour over to help the big changes.

Merchandisers are interesting as ideal base has it in the evening when grocery are trying to fill, so we flipped it to morning 6-12 works much better, just ask twilight not to fill certain areas before merch, it's a tad gappy for a few hours but we bring a grocery colleague in 12-7 to replen these areas as needed after merch.

Amon24

Trollyboy does your store have a dot com and how does that work when there picking in the morning is there much hassle?

Dkdiablo

Quote from: Vinny1985 on 01-02-22, 02:13PM
Quote from: Dkdiablo on 01-02-22, 01:33PM
Quote from: blablabla on 01-02-22, 01:20PM
Do we have a list of stores going twilight?
Don't know about the big stores but I have been told all express stores will lose the night-shift, which is ridiculous as there's a reason why there's one to start off with. Still in my honest opinion HO is clueless most are ignorant about what happens at ground level.

Can you tell us what level you heard all express night shift are going? Is that going to be all of themin this wave. Any info would be great
Heard his from my manager as soon as he came off his 2 conference calls. He wasn't at all happy about losing his night team.  He is a great manager and always has his teams back. As for moving us to twilight it was his strategy, even if it means that he loses staff through non replacement of leaving staff.

lucky 456

We are a large Extra with busy dot.com, night team staying , beers, wines and spirits going to twilight fill. ( 6.00 to 12.00 )

Prisoner14

Has anything been said about the senior team who lost the job roles but didn't get made redundant? They have sat in our Store all year doing nothing & get paid a fortune for turning up ? What's gonna happen with these managers using up all this extra resource??

VladPutin

I'm in a large store, and we're losing our night shift. The general view is that twilight won't work for a number of reasons. Not least because night shift was already understaffed and more than a few of them have already said they will take redundancy.

On top of that, it will lead to serious congestion in the aisles, less room in the warehouses - because deliveries will arrive earlier - and less availability for dot comedy.

Classic head office: they never saw a problem they couldn't make worse. 8-)

flowerpower

Have the stores losing nights already been informed we have not been told a thing

VladPutin

Our night shift team was told Monday, I think.

Baba_G

With us they only told us about the changes after we asked about what we read in the news . Secretive as always and trying their best to keep the staff in the dark . But BWS is moving to twilight fill the rest will learn as we go along . People already looking for other jobs willing to take redundancy. They are getting rid of old contracts looking only for flexi. Good luck if you are staying it's only going to get better as they try to keep up with competition . Where our SM is doing his weekley shop in Lidl and most of managment goes to either Aldi or Lidl . Found them shopping in there personaly and confirmed unofficialy of course that tesco branded products are horible and wouldn't shop fresh /frozen knowing they sit out of the controlled temperatures for hours .

flowerpower

How many stores still have night shift after the last batch losing nights and how many will be left after this one not many I suspect

trolleyboy96

Quote from: Amon24 on 02-02-22, 04:39AM
Trollyboy does your store have a dot com and how does that work when there picking in the morning is there much hassle?

We don't have dot com, we are a med sized superstore.

Sharonc68

kaled78

we are a superstore taking 750k with busy.com,we are losing w&s to days from nights,but keeping our night team and our fish/meat counters are staying.It seem the w&s to days/twilight must be a national rollout,where the other changes seem store specific

Amon24

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]

That's the same with my store. Keeping deli and bws going to a twilight fill.

VladPutin

Large stores have a keyholder on Christmas Day and New Years Day. These managers are the first point of contact if an alarm goes off and the police are summoned. They will now need to appoint a keyholder every evening. Because you can bet the local bad lads will see the opportunity of a store filled with valuable goods being left completely empty for several hours every night.

jeff2102

We are a superstore format taking just under a million per week (with no Dotcom in our store) The store is old dirty and needs knocking down. They announced Monday night that our night team were moving to twilights. We have about 10 staff who have been there 10 plus years and they are anticipating them all taking redundancy. The ones left have been in the business less than a year. For the past 6 months nights have regularly left 30 plus cages which days have had to fill. The store is manic most days with elderly in the day and younger customer early evening, I can't see the customers liking these cages on the floor even if there located correctly. It's sad the decline in the last 7 years if I was given the chance I'd take the money and run.

stockcontroller

Quote from: VladPutin on 02-02-22, 10:26PM
Large stores have a keyholder on Christmas Day and New Years Day. These managers are the first point of contact if an alarm goes off and the police are summoned. They will now need to appoint a keyholder every evening. Because you can bet the local bad lads will see the opportunity of a store filled with valuable goods being left completely empty for several hours every night.

That will 100% happen. 3 superstores near me. All went twilight a few years ago. All 3 were robbed in the same night  :D

Potofgold

Are stores that are loosing the nightshift going to twilight fill. Are you getting the option to either take redundancy or change to twilight?

BUY TESLA STOCK

Potofgold what else would they do

Potofgold

Just they could say it's twilight shift or nothing! They might not offer redundancy?

Nikkih4586

Can any one tell me will we only get statuary redundancy pay

Welshie

Try the redundancy calculator on vlh homepage

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk