News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-04-24, 10:47PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,434
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 921
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 298
Total: 299

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penguin

Quote from: lucgeo on 12-03-22, 09:53PM
At one visit, overstock cages were hidden in the cleaners lockups, to portray an empty warehouse...trouble was communicating that the stock was still there in the following weeks!!

After shrink hit the roof, a stockie eventually found them, but promptly got bollocked from the SM for not doing a thorough search!!  Yea mate...the cleaners cupboards weren't even on the shop floor or warehouse!!

Many years ago when I worked in express an SM did that knowing the area manager was coming to inspect the wearhouse as some might remember we used to have stock reduction plans, aim to get rid of as much back stock and discontinued stuff as usual, went wrong as the area manager turned up with a senior stock control bloke who wanted to know where all the stock shown on his laptop was and the very red faced and worried sm have to explain why it had all been hidden in the lockup that should have been used for storing bags and other consumables.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

NightAndDay

What you've all got to understand is that Tesco is above the law, if the legal beagles or the police try to prosecute Tesco, then the the CEO will threaten the judges job by claiming Tesco is a significant %age of the UK's GDP, insinuating the judge will be out of a job if they decide to prosecute, the UK government has to toe the line in overlooking all of Tescos illegal actions as the UK economy is so dependant on Tesco as a tax contributor.

VladPutin

I would pay a week's wages to watch the CEO attempt to threaten a senior Judge. He'd end up in a cell with a very large, ugly bloke asking him,

"Now, would you like to be the Mummy or the Daddy tonight?" >:D

I don't much like the Judiciary, but I respect their power. Judges have spanked Prime Ministers when they overstepped the mark. They are not going to bend the knee for some jumped up greengrocer.  8-)

BUY TESLA STOCK

They are so in each others pockets that Tesco lose unfair dismissal claims left, right and centre.

[admin]That does not make sense, or are you attempting sarcasm.[/admin]

NightAndDay

Quote from: VladPutin on 13-03-22, 08:47PM
I would pay a week's wages to watch the CEO attempt to threaten a senior Judge. He'd end up in a cell with a very large, ugly bloke asking him,

I don't much like the Judiciary, but I respect their power. Judges have spanked Prime Ministers when they overstepped the mark. They are not going to bend the knee for some jumped up greengrocer.  8-)

The dreams of the Brexit Gammon lies on the laurels of lord and saviour Ken Murphy, if a judge even so much looks at him the wrong way then that's it, the UK becomes kaput, we'll become a 3rd world mud hut ridden banana republic bonanza, the judges family will 'disappear' only to be discovered weeks later having died from accidentally ingesting polonium and being exposed to uranium 238.

BUY TESLA STOCK

VladPutin

Quote from: NightAndDay on 15-03-22, 03:53PM
Quote from: VladPutin on 13-03-22, 08:47PM

The dreams of the Brexit Gammon lies on the laurels of lord and saviour Ken Murphy, if a judge even so much looks at him the wrong way then that's it, the UK becomes kaput, we'll become a 3rd world mud hut ridden banana republic bonanza, the judges family will 'disappear' only to be discovered weeks later having died from accidentally ingesting polonium and being exposed to uranium 238.

Whatever you're smoking, mate, give me a hit of that! :D ;D

BUY TESLA STOCK

Smoking is very bad spend your money wisely.  ;) ;)

Couldntpossiblysay

Have any stores had their final meetings yet. My store still a couple of weeks away. Got the first redundancy figure which was slightly better than I thought. Hopefully the final figure adds a few grand to let me take my time getting a job that suits my situation and not taking a job I have issues of childcare etc.

lucgeo

You will pay a chunk of change in tax and NI, as being April, will be based on predictive earnings for the year, so budget for that.
Your Tesco employee shares will be sold, so that's some more money due to you.

In fear of repeating myself to everyone, you can claim Jobseeker's Allowance from the get go...regardless of your redundancy package. It's not much £77 per week, but " every little helps "  8)...only available for the first six months from your date of redundancy, so won't be backdated if you claim later on.

A lot of people I know took the year off, and signed up with their local college to do a course in something else. Be aware there may also be grants available with your local / national government regarding retraining in college. If it is of interest, contact the college to register for September, as they fill up quickly and close in July, so becomes impossible to get the forms you require signed, should you qualify for a grant!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Pancakes

Quote from: Couldntpossiblysay on 11-04-22, 01:33AM
Have any stores had their final meetings yet. My store still a couple of weeks away. Got the first redundancy figure which was slightly better than I thought. Hopefully the final figure adds a few grand to let me take my time getting a job that suits my situation and not taking a job I have issues of childcare etc.
Are you using a union rep? In your consideration.

Pancakes

consultation

Couldntpossiblysay

Didn't need a rep as I'd been briefed from store who had already been through two meetings. Just interested in if and by how much the second redundancy is more than the first. No problem getting another job just need the one that suits my family situation. If the second offer is a good bit more than the first I will stay for the extra month and hopefully get the right job. If not my other half says she doesn't mind me having a couple of weeks off work to recharge the batteries and get the right job. I'm fortunately fairly healthy moneywise so not concerned there. Very tempting to take a few weeks off but I'm worried I'll enjoy it too much and getting back on the bike might be a real grind.

Cinderella

Are these meetings for the current changes/new contracts and so on? If so, nothing has been said at all in my store yet - all info I have is from an email the union sent me!

Don't Do Nights

Had my first meeting last week got my second meeting tomorrow. I was actually surprised I got any redundancy pay as I've only been there 6 months. My last shift is on 29/4 so presuming the wages are done on a Tuesday will I get a week's pay in May?

NightAndDay

Convenience going to the dogs, lots of stores are "over-structured" as they've yet to cut away the part time shift leader position, SMs are running shifts and stepping down due to how unworkable the structure change is. Shift Leaders are already hard to recruit for, cutting away the part time position has really put the screws to convenience operations, the official mandate of Area Managers in response is to have and utilise a 3rd step up to make up the short fall of the shift leader position, once again "it'll be good for your development" step up exploitation is the basket that Tescos is putting all its eggs in to maintain operational viability, at least they're not bothering with the career development spiel this time and are very transparent that it is to save on costs and that being a step up is no indication of being promoted beyond a CA.

The number of stores closing early is already 4x the amount than last year.

madness

Tesco think they are Aldi and Lidl. But the discounters don't have the insane complex rules and procedures that Tesco have.

penguin

Convenience is sooner or later going to come crashing down, you cant keep cutting away the staff but adding more, like woosh the one hour delivery service, Hermes parcel services, costa express etc etc and expect things to run well. A lot of express stores are just holding on so to speak. one I used to work in has 2 shift leader jobs going, and the SM ends up running most of the earlies with the two shift leaders (full time one and the still in place part time one) picking up the lates, once one of them is on holiday or off sick for a week its all going to go very wrong. The sad thing is I can imagine the situation is no different in many other express stores.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

NightAndDay

Express stores in my old group have been shutting early everywhere, the Area Manager has been disciplined by the Express Director for it and is passing them on to the store managers, as a result morale is low and many have quit or stepped down, can't speak for northern groups but the group I was in is in battlefield promotion territory, unprecedented amount of £27-29.9k step up SMs placed due to unprecedented turnover of Store Managers.

rogerthedodger

Be no need to restructure soon except for the remote areas managers are literally leaving by the boat load.

Tesla

The restructure needs to start at the flagship Glasgow Silverburn store. The Store Manager there is running the place into the ground.

Smol

Strap in, this is mathy.
Having received both indicative and actual redundancy quotes and crunched the numbers, your final payment will be STATUTORY+ADDITIONAL+NOTICE+HOLIDAY.
Statutory is based on an average of your last 12 weeks OR your contracted pay (whichever is higher)
Additional is based on an average of the past 12 months OR your contracted pay (whichever is higher)
Both of these have the cut-off of April 1st.

Notice is 12 weeks contracted pay.
Holiday is the number of hours you've accrued up to April 30th paid at your hourly rate.

You should have three meetings in April, meeting one being formal notification, meeting two being confirmation of package, meeting three being a "sort the legal stuff and tell you about what to do work benefits like pension, sip shares, etc."

ALSO you will not be able to access your payslips from some point on the 30th, so download or print them off on Friday 29th in case you need them.
Additionally you still have £1500 staff discount available, so if you want to spend £10k on the Friday, you'll still get your full staff discount allowance (no, I don't have that much either, but it's technically possible and absolutely allowable under t&C's

Couldntpossiblysay

Thanks for the info. The other half will be dragging me round the large tesco in my neck of the woods and buying loads of stuff. The figures you said are roughly what I'd heard but the manager running the redundancy process wouldn't give us any info regards the final redundancy figure. I reckon mine will increase by by about 10 to 15%. I believe they have the figures but wont tell anyone in our store for another week yet. Crazy as how much they get will no doubt help a good few decide to leave and not even try the twilight shifts. Then there will be the mad rush to hire folk. The whole process has been such a mess and totally badly thought out.

Smol

In my store, there are two overnighters with 25+ years and another seven (I think) with 15+ that's a LOT of £20k+ payouts, at which point it's almost daft not to leave, even if it's to just take six months off and apply again in November.
The loss of skilled workers from this shake up (that we all know won't work) is going to hurt the company in the immediate, short and medium term, but as long as they're not paying anyone £12.40 an hour that doesn't stop need to wear a shirt, head office are happy.

Tesla

20k won't last you long without a job and would you want to go back to a company that is screwing loyal staff over. Take your money and spend it elsewhere.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk