News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:54AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 301
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Holiday

Started by Bluemoon, 13-01-20, 05:34PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammy

Hi has the way holiday come on our payslips changed, l only work 2 days a week Saturday and Sunday , last month I had pay weekend off, and this month I’ve had last weekend off , but I’ve had 3 days taken off me. Normally last month holiday would of come off this months, and the 2 days off for this month would of next month being after the cut off , but I’ve had 3 days taken off, I’ve worked for Tesco for over 10 years this has never happened before thanks

Sammy

Holiday payments for September pay would be FRIDAY 14 AUGUST 2020 â€" THURSDAY 10 SEPTEMBER 2020
Holiday payments for this month would be FRIDAY 11 SEPTEMBER 2020 â€" THURSDAY 08 OCTOBER 2020
Holiday payments for November will be FRIDAY 09 OCTOBER 2020 â€" THURSDAY 05 NOVEMBER 2020

sammy

Ok thank you. So I’m that case they’ve taken an extra days holiday off me. Very odd as I always clock in and out thank you for your help

lackofinterest

as is the norm. i find out something new on here before it's mentioned by the company. why hasn't this been mentioned at all in our store??

Featherwhite

Hi Can anybody help me please.
Does anybody know when the booking window opens to book holiday for the year 2021 and also the following year.
Also how long has a manager got to authorise your request.
I know at one point if they hadn't returned your form within 7 days you automatically got the holiday dates that you requested.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Sarah106

The holiday window opened in April for the April 2021 year bookings so is already open . Will open next April for the year 2022 onward.  Not sure about how long they have to get back to you it was 7 days but could have changed

Featherwhite

Thanks I put in a form in March 2020 to book for 2021 and have still not had it back, have been told it will be done later this year. Other staff who put their forms in at same time have had them authorised  just wondered where I stood... thanks

Redshoes

Window opened in April. Requests not accepted before April without a very good reason.

lucgeo

Have the other people had their holidays authorised by the same manager? If so, then that manager is acting unfairly by making you wait for authorisation, therefore you should speak to the manager and ask why you are being made to wait, as you are being treated unfairly.
If different manager(s) have authorised their requests, then again, you can state that you are not being treated fairly, especially if the holiday hours % is based across the store.

@Redshoes
What is the "good reason" being given for NOT accepting holiday requests before April ???  It used to be appreciated by managers as the sooner the better, enabling them to manage their holiday diaries.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

NightAndDay

It will be friends of managers first and then the filth afterwards, everyone knows the pecking order, if you're not up the managers rear end and your nose ain't brown then you're left with the scraps.

Munchkin

The widow for your holiday request is open and if holiday is not refused or authorised within 7 days of handing to your manager you can take the holiday you requested

Redshoes

It should all be about everyone being treated he same. If people start to hand in early it has to be open to all and not just the select few. There is a set date it starts so that it's clear to everyone and it's then first come first served. If you don't have a clear start date it can't be seen as being fair and equal for all.

confused123

Trying to post but can not figure out how - Sorry for Hijacking your post!!

Can someone shed a light on how the holiday system works? I am contracted to 2 days but I work 5 days every week - Will I accrue more holidays for working the overtime every week or does my accrued holidays stay the same?

One month my payslip stated I was entitled to 4 days holiday and now it states 5.

Super confused, hah!

oldfashionedplayer

no your holidays are based on your contracted days, so everyone gets 6 weeks + 1 personal day regardless of how many days they work overtime. so for contracted 2 you'll get 12 + 1 personal day total 13.

confused123

So as it stands I work full time but only contracted to 2 of those days so my overtime will not increase my days holiday?

That seems very unfair. Surely if I am consistently working 5 days a week then my holiday days should be reflected in this?  :question:

Siwel123

You won't be given any extra holiday days, as you're only required to work 2 days a week, you choose to work five.
However holiday pay is calculated as a percentage of your earnings over the last 12 weeks, so if you book a week's holiday, you will be paid an average of your last 12 weeks, so you won't lose out on money.

This means that if you take a week off, you will be receiving the same pay, not just the pay for your 2 contracted days.

confused123

Ahhhhhhh.... That makes sense!

The holiday form had me baffled, haha!

Thank you ever so much for explaining :)  :)

Holiday pay is calculated over 52 weeks now. I've copied the relevant section from the Holiday Policy below:

3. How is my holiday and bank holiday paid?
Your holiday pay will be paid either at your average earnings or your contractual pay whichever is the highest. Your average earnings are based on the pay you receive in the 12 weeks before your holiday. From 1st April 2020 your average earnings will be based on the pay you receive over a rolling 52 week period.
All variable pay you receive such as overtime, premiums, or call-out pay, will be included in your average holiday pay. Any one-off payments will not be included.

Siwel123

Even better then, apologies for not having the up to date info, thank you.

notsofunny

Wonder if anyone could say what happens to holidays not taken this year ,

I have a friend that has been in lockdown on and off since This Covid started  he is classed as Clinically extremely vulnerable  he did not have any holidays booked and at the rate its going he will still have holidays to take before the end of this march, this is after the bank holiday days and 2 odd days they are taking every so often are taken out ,, Have Tesco said if that will be carried over into next year ?

Also have A friend that had holidays booked and she was asked to cancel them 3 times and she cant get time off and will have holidays still to take by the end of march , will she be able to carry the holidays over ?

Did read some place that they are going to allow these holidays to be carried over but cant find it any place ,

Morris999

Anything up to the legal requirement can be carried over into next year, however any holidays over this due to long service will be lost if not taken.

Your friend who has been asked to cancel should have a word with their manager or store manager as there should be no reason why they cannot take them before the end of March.

chris9997

They allowed holidays to be carried over from last year (2019-20) , but currently i dont think there is any obligation to carry them over again except in circumstances involving some sick periods.
I would say that Managers asking staff to cancel holidays is just Moving the problem to a later date.

NightAndDay

I would be very careful about managers asking to cancel holidays booked between now and the end of March, be very cautious about promises to carry it over into the new tax year, there is no oversight in managers carrying out this obligation.

Nomad

Any promise of any nature involving holidays should be requested and received in writing.

A decision by the courts ruled that any statutory holidays not able to be taken due to ill health can be carried forward to the following year.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

happyharry

Setting people on for 2 days a week (or anything under full time) is Tescos way of saving money - they want and know you probably want more hours, but won't have to give or pay you for any more holidays than your contracted hours reflect. You could work as many hours a year as a full timer (many do) but receive far fewer holidays.
As yet the holiday entitlement left for the year isn't showing on my wage slip, which incidentally will be in hours and not days now so my manager says. Some people will be left with odd hours to take as holiday that don't equate to full or half days - how ridiculous. Why didn't Tesco wait for the new leave year to start before implementing this system?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk