News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:46PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,125
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Pandemics & Tesco's policy

Started by Orangutan, 24-02-20, 09:51AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welshie

Saw something that came down on comms today . It says if you test positive,you should be prepared to notify NHS track and trace and also provide your manager with a list of close contacts . Close contacts are someone you've been within 1 metre of for ONE  minute or 2 metres of for 15 minutes . So obviously managers are meant to be notifying close contacts in store to isolate .

notsofunny

sound Interesting since if that happens in a Express the whole store would have to shut down ,,yet I wonder if they would ..

foe

can someone help me please? someone from my household has just been tested positive, I suppose I need to self-isolate for 14 days now. In that case, will I be paid from day no1 or day no4? Have been with the company for over 10 years

Welshie

You should ne paid from day 1

notsofunny

Do you not go and get a test done and return to work if you don't have it ? or do you just take the 14 days off with out testing ?

And do Tesco pay you full wages or just SSP ?

foe

well, that is my question :)

I'm having a day off now and the person got a positive results yesterday.

COVID-19 Amended People Policy

Last updated 21 October 2020

"What do we want to change? Where a colleague has been confirmed as having Coronavirus (COVID-19) orhas been advised to attendisolation or self-isolate, they will be paid from the first day of absence.The same will apply for colleagues who have a new, continuous coughor temperature over 37.8°Cwho are self-isolating,as per the guidance(see Coronavirus Absence Guidefor information on isolation timelines)."

"What do we want to change?" - this is a bit vague

Welshie

Quote from: notsofunny on 08-11-20, 04:43AM
Do you not go and get a test done and return to work if you don't have it ? or do you just take the 14 days off with out testing ?

And do Tesco pay you full wages or just SSP ?

No , if you're in contact with  a positive case you need to isolate for 14 days as that is the incubation period of the virus. 
If you have symptoms (not related to knowing you've been in close contact) you isolate get a test and if its negative you can can return to work .
To my knowledge it is full pay .

grim up north

Does it come from your sick pay allowance?

Welshie

I think so but not 100% certain . I know the shielding sick pay does so could be getting them mixed up .

foe

my manager told my friend that if the employee is isolating because there is a covid in the household he will be paid 0 for that period of 2 weeks. my manager is also the person who doesn't know much but...

oldfashionedplayer

Yes it does come from sick pay allowance if your shielding due to any form of isolation and also the above comment your manager is an idiot and the person should be paid from day 1.

pixpix

Quote from: 80377494 on 30-10-20, 04:09PM
pixpix

It's true , there is a specific code for covid related absences in order to be paid from day 1. After weeks of complaining on Yammer that some codings were being ignored by Payroll, Head Office finally identified and admitted that there is a problem. Unfortunately, there is no set reason as to why this is happening, there is no pattern and Head Office is struggling to resolve the issue. Wages Clerks check the week after someone has been coded with a covid issue and if the colleague hasn't been paid, have to send a Comms form to correct the error. The major problem is that if a colleague is off in the week prior to the cut off for overtime/absences it is impossible to know until pay week.

So I was off with my Covid between 18th and 28th of October with 28th being my return to work day. That was quite early enough as cut off for pay was on 5th of November. Is it possible that the error caused it?

Halftone84

Girls mom went for a covid test.  Store manager still told her to come to work last night.

Girls mom's results have come back positive today.  What happens to all staff who worked with her last night ?  We've been told "nothing, because she isn't showing symptoms".

King1999

What a company to work for hey........it’s because there’s no plan b anymore.Putting yourself and families at risk with a pathetic she’s showing no symptoms justification.Everyone in contact should be self isolating it’s not up for negotiation with these idiots.Just imagine god forbid if someone close to you became ill ,beggars belief what these pr**k* are up to on a daily basis now.

dotnochance

In future if the store manager wants you to come in if your showing symptoms, ask for it in writing, and tell them you will be sending that letter off to head office for clarification, see how many store managers will keep the BS up then

StinkyPoo

Are the stores in tier 3 allowed to open 24 hours from next month?

notsofunny

Cant see why not , if local shops can stay open 24 hours a day so can Tesco , as it is I have not seen anything to say how the hours are effected during the lock down so should not make any difference during tier 3 ,,

Redshoes

The whole point in going 24 hours is to try and spread the shopping time over a longer period and save a little congestion during the day.

lackofinterest

sorry don't agree. in my opinion main reason is greed

VladPutin

Tesco closed down staff canteens - while keeping the subsidised restaurant at head office, of course  - meaning tens of thousands of staff have to start work on freezing winter mornings without a hot breakfast. Tesco refused to pay the cleaning companies extra to pick up broken glass etc, so GA's have to risk getting cut by doing it themselves.

Every decision Tesco makes is based on the desire to make as much money as possible for the senior staff, and to Hell with everyone else. Head office couldn't care less about easing congestion in the stores; it's all about getting as many punters through the doors as possible, so the board can, "earn" their bonuses.

Anyone who thinks head office gives a damn about the real workers hasn't been paying attention.  8-)

Preacherpauly

If a member of you family is track and traced and you have to isolate until the tests come back do we get paid for being off?

Welshie

You only have to isolate if you are contacted by track and trace not a family member . If a member of your household tests positive then you have to isolate and yes you do then get paid .

expressman77

Quote from: lackofinterest on 27-11-20, 06:52AM
sorry don't agree. in my opinion main reason is greed
[/quote
It was to ease congestion and congestion when stores closed at 10abd to make it easier
For the local community
The first stores to go 24 hours were ones near factories etc that operated 24 hours

expressman77

Quote from: VladPutin on 27-11-20, 09:47AM
Tesco closed down staff canteens - while keeping the subsidised restaurant at head office, of course  - meaning tens of thousands of staff have to start work on freezing winter mornings without a hot breakfast. Tesco refused to pay the cleaning companies extra to pick up broken glass etc, so GA's have to risk getting cut by doing it themselves.

Every decision Tesco makes is based on the desire to make as much money as possible for the senior staff, and to Hell with everyone else. Head office couldn't care less about easing congestion in the stores; it's all about getting as many punters through the doors as possible, so the board can, "earn" their bonuses.

Anyone who thinks head office gives a damn about the real workers hasn't been paying attention.  8-)

Staff can buy food to eat in the shop where they work,  head office believe it or not is an office,  no food available to buy anything .
And fancy working for a company who want to make money , whatever next .
Think i aggree with you ,it would be so much better to work for a company who want to loose money and close down

NightAndDay

I normally work in an office and can buy hot food (at the moment working from home). I work for a business that is highly profitable and everyone at all levels is treated with respect and dignity, my employer is the worlds most ethical employer.

As extreme as Vlads posts are, they are none-the-less mostly accurate, there's making money and there's doing so by making unethical and short sighted decisions that they will see the consequences of in the long term.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk