Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-04-24, 01:53AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,432
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 549
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 526
Total: 526

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deal Or No Deal

I think we are all missing the point.  Yes it's all about cost cutting without a doubt.  The fact is they honestly believe by way of not offering voluntary redundancy as they're own written policy states they think they will retain the best managers by way of they're new policy scoring procedures.  No they won't.  This whole procedure is flawed from start to finish and there is solid proof of that.  They live in a bubble believing it's right, it's not.  Many of the managers you keep with the flawed scoring system want out.  Bite the bullet for God's sake, you got Hinckley and Lichfield wrong.  It's still not right as you well know.  Offer voluntary to remaining sites, keep the right managers with devotion to the company, not the green performers who want out.

Your choice, damage limitation.

Dip and drive

How are hinkley and lichfield coping with less managers?

What pay are the podium monkeys on, how are they coping with the pressure of the podiums?

Arizonarugby

Quote from: Deal Or No Deal on 15-02-17, 09:35PM
I think we are all missing the point.  Yes it's all about cost cutting without a doubt.  The fact is they honestly believe by way of not offering voluntary redundancy as they're own written policy states they think they will retain the best managers by way of they're new policy scoring procedures.  No they won't.  This whole procedure is flawed from start to finish and there is solid proof of that.  They live in a bubble believing it's right, it's not.  Many of the managers you keep with the flawed scoring system want out.  Bite the bullet for God's sake, you got Hinckley and Lichfield wrong.  It's still not right as you well know.  Offer voluntary to remaining sites, keep the right managers with devotion to the company, not the green performers who want out.

Your choice, damage limitation.
I agree the scoring process is completely flawed, it is based on the opinion of the senior team who decide on how you score on each category, which clearly subjective and open to cronyism and nepotism . I can name 90% of the managers who will be staying at my depot, based on their relationship with the senior team ( without even considering ERRIC)

Arizonarugby

Quote from: Dip and drive on 17-02-17, 07:26AM
How are hinkley and lichfield coping with less managers?

What pay are the podium monkeys on, how are they coping with the pressure of the podiums?
I can't speak for Hinckley, but the podium monkeys at my depot are being offered an extra £6 a week (the same premium as a trainer) .

snowyowl

Quote from: Arizonarugby on 17-02-17, 08:37AMI agree the scoring process is completely flawed, it is based on the opinion of the senior team who decide on how you score on each category, which clearly subjective and open to cronyism and nepotism

Crooked Senior Managers choosing crooked sidekicks, what could possibly go wrong. Tosco, wake up.  >:( >:( >:(

Dip and drive

Thank you arizonarugby, exactly how much is £6 per week converted to an hourly rate ?

babymetal

£6 per week is a massive 16p per hr

Jonthebarsteward

How many warehouse managers have Hinckley and Lichfield actually got now? 6 per shift?

Arizonarugby

Yes I believe both these depots have 6 manager per shift, but all the depots in next phase have been reduced to 5 per shift, so it's safe to assume that they will be reviewing the numbers at both Hinckley and Lichfield.

babymetal

At my DC the changes take effect from june and we are going from 16 managers per shift down to 10. I believe it was to be reduced by more than 6 but as we are getting work from welham they had a change of mind. As regards to podium monkeys we are to have 8 per shift possibly more.

Jonthebarsteward

The more I hear/read about this the more it seems like they are making it up as they go along, at our expense.
We were told a fresh dc would be 5 per shift as that's what worked at the pilot sites.
The duty manager cover and Rota examples have all been based on the pilot sites.
There's also the fact that MyPerformance isn't in at these sites either so the workload from that has not been accounted for.

Arizonarugby

To be honest it's all a bit of a joke , rumour has that all not going we at Hinckley, but it would be good to hear it from the horses mouth .

It's not a nice place to be in at the moment , the decision about who's going and who's staying has already been made , but they're not telling anyone, there having to much fun watching everyone jump through hoops !!!!!

keokrusader

Quote from: Arizonarugby on 17-02-17, 10:34AM
Yes I believe both these depots have 6 manager per shift, but all the depots in next phase have been reduced to 5 per shift, so it's safe to assume that they will be reviewing the numbers at both Hinckley and Lichfield.

My depot reduces to 7 per shift.

Dont quote me on this but i believe it varies by site.

babymetal

I would think it should vary by site due to sites be different sizes and having different staff levels and volumes. Even though we don't find out who's going and who's staying at my DC, I know that some managers have basically been told they are staying.

keokrusader

The atmosphere here is horrendous....nothing but rumours, backstabbing and gossip.

Goes without saying but the way its being managed beggars belief, told one thing one day, then the next its totally changed. Cant understand how it is being handled so badly. If it has already been piloted at 2 DCs surely they should know exactly what happens and when? Absolutely no understanding of peoples feelings...

For example, a WL1 who gets one of the new roles as a service co-ordinator will keep there old Ts and Cs, yet a TM who steps down goes on new Ts and Cs, effectively then being paid less than the guy stood alongside them! 4 systems roles initially all in one pot for 3 jobs....then to be told the nights role will be unaffected and the nights system TM will now be safe, while the other 3 are not.

Cant understand how they can treat the managers on nights differently either? We will end up seeing managers on nights who score less than managers on days staying. If the whole idea was to keep the best managers on, this defeats the object completely in my eyes. For it to be a fair system it should be everyone in one pot and graded from 1 to 40....clearly not the case. To say nights is different because its a 'lifestyle choice' is ridiculous, given the 'lifestyle choice' of working nights or not working at all i'm sure there would be people who would choose the former.

The future does not look bright...

JL

keokrusader

Is this turning into a advert for Orange. 

Wrong company!

keokrusader

More of a statement of fact than an advertising slogan...

Glad to see you took you in the facts... ???

Arizonarugby

Quote from: keokrusader on 17-02-17, 12:47PM
Quote from: Arizonarugby on 17-02-17, 10:34AM

My depot reduces to 7 per shift.

Dont quote me on this but i believe it varies by site.

Yes there is a variance from site to site , but the standard fresh sites, are all to have 5 per shift

Arizonarugby

Quote from: keokrusader on 17-02-17, 01:20PM
The atmosphere here is horrendous....nothing but rumours, backstabbing and gossip.

Goes without saying but the way its being managed beggars belief, told one thing one day, then the next its totally changed. Cant understand how it is being handled so badly. If it has already been piloted at 2 DCs surely they should know exactly what happens and when? Absolutely no understanding of peoples feelings...

For example, a WL1 who gets one of the new roles as a service co-ordinator will keep there old Ts and Cs, yet a TM who steps down goes on new Ts and Cs, effectively then being paid less than the guy stood alongside them! 4 systems roles initially all in one pot for 3 jobs....then to be told the nights role will be unaffected and the nights system TM will now be safe, while the other 3 are not.

Cant understand how they can treat the managers on nights differently either? We will end up seeing managers on nights who score less than managers on days staying. If the whole idea was to keep the best managers on, this defeats the object completely in my eyes. For it to be a fair system it should be everyone in one pot and graded from 1 to 40....clearly not the case. To say nights is different because its a 'lifestyle choice' is ridiculous, given the 'lifestyle choice' of working nights or not working at all i'm sure there would be people who would choose the former.
The future does not look bright...
We are told by those who haven't got a clue, that to change somebody for days to nights would be a fundamental change to their job role and that's why the night team is being treated differently from the double days team

Arizonarugby

Quote from: JL on 17-02-17, 02:37PM
keokrusader

Is this turning into a advert for Orange. 

Wrong company!
JL so glad that you are taking this subject seriously

JL

Arizona might as well say what i like now as we are all going to be hammered regardless.

Feb 27? April? When does not matter it's happening.

Nothing we can do!

M1lktrayman

What i can not understand is them stating the addition of making us duty managers doesnt constitute enough of a change to make us redundant.  Let alone all of the additional changes to the role by them restructuring h&s and training.

I dont want to be a duty manager with responsibilities for the whole depot!

Welsh-Hugh

I can never understand why people become managers then don't want responsibility. However they are quick enough to b........K staff for excessive breaks when managers spend a lot of time in the smoking shelters and they wonder why they're in firing line now.

Arizonarugby

Welsh-high there's a whole world of difference between managing a department and managing a shift in the same way that's there's a whole world of difference between driving a car and driving a bus .

It the hierarchy think that a depot can be run by duty managers approximately 50% of the time them why just take them out of the equation and run 100 % of the time

Arizonarugby

This was meant to say why not take shift managers out of the equation and purely run depots with duty managers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk