Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:23AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 274
Total: 278

Self service Cash Donations to Red cross

Started by chris9997, 27-04-22, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris9997

I am just about fed up with being pesterered on self service tills to round up my shopping , the buttons for yes and no are close togetherand a few times i have hit yes sometimes i get someone to cancel other times i have let it go, are other customers ok with this? i already with my family give to charity every month , this just feels like a little forced as the self service is all that is opened in this store (express)

spike_pkh

A whole extra button to press when doing your shopping.. i do purchases daily and haven't even thought about it enough to bother me

penguin

I shop in an express every day and its not issue at all, the one when I worked for Tesco that used to be annoying was asking people on main bank do you want to round up and donate to charity on certain weeks, most people would either say yes or politely decline. However you always got the odd one who kicked off about how much Tesco make and pay it yourselves etc etc.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

madness

You don;t want to give a dollar for hungry starving kids?  Ok jsut push the button... "owwww my tummy"

lucgeo

Quote from: chris9997 on 27-04-22, 04:53PM
I am just about fed up with being pesterered on self service tills to round up my shopping , the buttons for yes and no are close togetherand a few times i have hit yes sometimes i get someone to cancel other times i have let it go, are other customers ok with this? i already with my family give to charity every month , this just feels like a little forced as the self service is all that is opened in this store (express)

Add to this Tesco take the credit for charity donations...what used to really pee me off when I was in work, was the constant push for Tesco chosen charity of the year!! Every store has their own local charity which could do with a boost in donations...but NO!! We're all expected to dress up for the day and pay the donation to the national chosen charity...those of us who chose not to, were labelled as miserable...I recall the SM pulling me up for not wearing pink!! Told him I'm always in the pink boy!! Another colleague calling me out for not dressing up for cancer...I have a direct debit every month for cancer research love, a damn sight more per annum than your meagre £1 donation...next day people pulled up for not wearing acceptable Tesco uniform!!

If people want to donate to a charity it's their choice...not for Tesco and other companies to offer the guilt button...press  :thumbup: don't press  :thumbdown:  You tight arse  :thumbdown:
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

person7

Quote from: chris9997 on 27-04-22, 04:53PM
I am just about fed up with being pesterered on self service tills to round up my shopping , the buttons for yes and no are close together and a few times i have hit yes sometimes i get someone to cancel other times i have let it go, are other customers ok with this? i already with my family give to charity every month , this just feels like a little forced as the self service is all that is opened in this store (express)

my store must not do the dontations.. I've not once been asked to round up my shopping - we did get a new OS few months ago though so maybe its bugged and doesnt show - the whole system does breakdown a lot. we just have charity collection pot at customer service desk in ours

chris9997

You people have missed the point it's not about the "extra button" to press and it's not about giving money to starving kids it's about pressing the button accidently and loosing the choice so if you can't say something constructive then don't bother.

lucgeo

Perhaps your post should have been more clear and concise in your meaning  8-)

"Sometimes I press the wrong button on the till...and it makes me soooooo angry  >:( "
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Cinderella

I'm glad that this time the screen is more obvious than last time. I forget about it, but as they now have images over the whole screen rather than just a pop up, I've managed not to knock it accidentally.

I don't know about other stores, but in mine if someone really kicks off about the roundup they can get the money back at customer services, and Tesco foots the roundup bill.

newguy20

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]

Yes, that's the case here. I did one last week. For about 27p.

Angry tech

Regular have no manned tills on my local superstore,  full trolley,  back killing me double handling everything,  then asked if I want to donate. Maintenance have got 2.75% pay award, retails 5.8% was poor, ours was a disgrace.  Do I want to donate, HELL NO, can't afford to heat or eat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk