News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 10:21PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,428
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 564
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 530
Total: 532

Food Stock Managers

Started by beentheredoneit, 01-10-19, 08:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mildew

I think the majority will have moved into vacancies. I'm not sure there will be loads

DJL

Sorry, misread your post!

There are NO food stock managers being kept, the role is being removed and all Accountabilities moved to the Stock And Admin Manager

Mildew

That is not what was in my grievance response DJL. It says food stock control with over fifteen staff remain.

Wirey2020

But the company's logic is that the role is remaining within the wider business hence why it is an informal change rather then a formal one!! Annual review informal process kicks in when a particular store no longer qualifies for a role.

If we are informal then that's because our own stores do not qualify for a FFSM...so by definition that should mean that there are some out there that do qualify...who and where??

I am asking this as I personally believe this is a company wide change and what what they told us is a BS.....there are some big extras on the group who lost the role!!

Wirey2020

Yes mildew that's correct. But do those teams of 15 exist anywhere out there?? Or did they set that bar so high knowing they won't have a ff team of 15 out in the wider business?

I also find it strange that they based it on number of people rather than hours!!🤷🏽???

Eewyn

Further up in this thread I posted the response I received from USDAW regarding the removal of the role. They said that because some stores were keeping the role of food stock manager the changes could be classed as soft structure and all be dealt with informally. They weren't able to give an answer to how many stores were keeping the role. If it does turn out that no stores are actually keeping the role it does throw out their excuse for trying to treat this as soft structure change.

Mildew

Is every store removing the Food Stock Control Team Manager role as part of the annual review process?

Response
No. Where we currently have more than 15 colleagues in Stock, Space, Range, Display and Price in non night operating stores, a second (Food) manager is generated. We have decided to reduce the number of Stock (Food) Manager roles across Tesco and progress toward one manager role who will manage all Stock and Admin in our large stores.

Wirey2020

Ok so in the extra shops they have more than 15...comfortably and yet they have been downsized still!! Something isn't making sense here.

Mildew

It's deliberately vague

Mildew

" Managers would normally be offered redundancy as part of the annual review process as the role is not being removed from Tesco"

Mildew

Should say "would not normally ". My bad.

Wirey2020

So the other question now is there a stock and admin manager out there who was made to take on a team of more than 15 as a result of this change!!

Mildew

Indeed. Would be interesting to know. If not, that means the role has been removed by the company.

Me2015

15 in total so gives 2 stock managers?

Mildew

It says in non-night operating stores

Wirey2020

I think what it means it that PI are thrown in the count in non-night stores as they tend to fall under stock and admin.

Which means in night stores you don't count them as they fall under the night team!

Mildew

It all smells a bit ...

Me2015

In my store we have; food = 14, non food = 3, wages = 1, PI = 2, we should have more colleagues too so over the prescribed as you mention?

We are nights store

Wirey2020

So you should have a FFSM....is that you? Has the role been removed from there?

Mildew

No, they are a nights store. They would if they were a non nights store I think.

Wirey2020

Haha it's vague...I'm reading it as more than 15 between stock+SRD+PI in non-nights!!
And in nights store it's more than 15 between stock+SRD.

PI is only included in the number if they operate under the stock department which they do in non nights.

Me2015

I'm in that role right now, but as stated prior, the job has been removed. 6 months up at end of Feb

Mildew

TheAnonymousWorker

In my store we have 11 FSC, 3 NFSC, 2 PI, 2 Wages and 2 Merch. 24hr large Extra. Should we have 2 managers still then? We only have one now. FSC manager told they needed to find a new role as it would be becoming one role. Know its a similar situation in another 24hr large extra nearby.

Me2015

Forgot the Merch team, (sorry) add 3 on!

The job is going, regardless of what they may have said

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk