News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

23-04-24, 09:04PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,400
  • Total Topics: 637
  • Online today: 251
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

job cuts?

Started by Vinny1985, 11-01-21, 04:01PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redshoes

Small format have been through the structure change.
There are huge differences between the large stores in set up. Some have senior team but not all.
The soft structure changes in the large formats have been soft structure changes. They said no more redundancies. Before more changes are made the people in limbo with soft structure should be resolved, in my mind anyway.
We have a manager with six colleagues and another manager with over 50 colleagues.
Managers have moved over to work & pay but colleagues have not. This was due to happen early this year but I think some of the issues need to be ironed out first.

londoner83

Personally I think the company will hold fire on any large scale changes for another year.

They will want role out of work & pay to be a success before they scrap any roles, and with covid still affecting stores they wouldn't want to lose/demote a load of managers and then find due to covid outbreaks they have insufficient management cover.

Cbatt566

That is very wishful thinking right there!

kaled78

as the changes tend to be store specific,it will be intresting to see what is around the corner,our store manager has openly said he believes the meat and fish counters will be the next to go,and basket only tills,as these can be easlly replaced with self scan

Biscuit tin

Didn't hold fire last May when they got rid of most of the bakers.

londoner83

That was already announced pre-covid and as it wasn't fair to leave those affected in limbo they carried on with the plan.
In publicity terms would it make sense for one of the few retail businesses unaffected by lockdowns, who has seen profits increase to say it has to lay off a large number of colleagues to maintain its profitability?

Biscuit tin

And the long term plans were leaked 2 years ago, any counters or scratch bakeries left on borrowed time now.

Siwel123

I can definitely see basket tills going and being replaced by one or two extra self service tills.

We've 2 basket tills, one is never ever used, and the other is only manned 10 til 4 most days, if at all. Makes sense to move that to 2 self service tills that can handle scan as you shops, and self service customers at all times

Redshoes

I went to local extra yesterday, huge range change for non-food. They have three GM managers but they were told months ago that the structure only supports one. I do think changes are on the way but I think it’s for the roles already in limbo and have been told soft structure.

Tesworker

With work and pay coming in and rollout continuing I really wonder what will happen to the wages roll as it’s becoming less and less work to do

londoner83

I'd imagine they will keep wages in place for a few months whilst work and pay embeds before moving the hours around the business.

Pinky

Does any one know if they are getting rid of senior team?

kaled78

Our store manager has said,changes will be announced soon,no one is going to lose their job,but some staff will be moved due to business needs

overworkedexpresslad

Does anyone know the out come of the conference call today?? surely someone will spill the beans and which formats it applies to.

Kiddo128

Word is there is a reduction in front end hours. Team Support, Trollies, Checkouts and CSD all affected.

AudiTTman

What about grocery and fresh managers combining in smaller satires to just one replenishment manager?

BUY TESLA STOCK

Why speculate we will find out soon enough.

SW2207

Hours cut for team leaders, front end, cash office, csd, trollies and PI

Aunt sally

Is this for all team leaders including dot com?

Welshie

Did PI not have hours cut recently between midnight and 3am ?

StinkyPoo

Our PI department still work the entire night shift. Hours never been cut yet... I'm expecting things to change, we never have enough work to do anymore

Mollymoomoo

They got rid of stock and cash admin in our express after first lockdown maybe because they both had to shield for 12 weeks.  Now us  SLs do those roles.

Mohamed

Any details news on the changes coming

Davethebave

Every store will be different in terms of what the changes will look like.

Highlights are:

Front end hours being reduced (including cash office)
F&f changing rooms being shut
Reduction in the range across stores, so some replen hours to go
Simpler plans and less promo changes (might have the same time frame just less products on offer)

No redundancy from what I understand, just moving people around the business, not recruiting leavers etc until heatmap is balanced. These moves are all from covid, ie less hours in cash office because customers are shopping online or paying more by card

whatajoke2019

In terms of reduction in range and simpler plans I've seen that touted quite a few times and then they'll go through a range change and we seemingly end up with a tonne of new lines that don't sell  :D.

I defy anyone from HO to walk into my store and tell me how our Pies & Savouries and Fresh Sausages mod are 'simpler'  ??? ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk