News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

20-04-24, 06:31AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,370
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 479
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 345
Total: 346

job cuts?

Started by Vinny1985, 11-01-21, 04:01PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggerpicture

Let’s hope they look at adding hours into Fresh.

beahead

What are the changes for csd? We are already run ragged with hours cut

matt62775

combined csd and kiosk if your store isn't already, wouldn't surprise me if they reduce opening hours for it too

Sam29

I have heard that half tills will be going card only, has anyone else heard this ?

londoner83

Think it's actually more than half as cash usage has massively declined. Will be interesting from a IDQ point if the card tills are empty yet 5 people are queuing on the cash till.

Sam29

I totally agree. Any idea when it’s hapopening?

What are the changes to the csd as we are already pretty short

whatajoke2019

@DavetheBave,

When you say some Replenishment hours are to go, did they give any indication to how much will be 'removed', or is it store specific as to what is cut?

Davethebave

It’s store specific, but the hours going from replen are very low vs front end

Vinny1985

Is that at every level. Or larger format as express and metros already had cuts last year

NightAndDay

They're at the point in Express now where they can't make cuts without effecting opening hours, unless they get rid of security guards but that would be silly.

Davethebave

I only know of superstores and extras. Haven’t heard anything about express

whatajoke2019

Thanks Dave.

lordadmiral

Quote from: whatajoke2019 on 02-02-21, 02:25PM
In terms of reduction in range and simpler plans I've seen that touted quite a few times and then they'll go thrDough a range change and we seemingly end up with a tonne of new lines that don't sell  :D.

I defy anyone from HO to walk into my store and tell me how our Pies & Savouries and Fresh Sausages mod are 'simpler'  ??? ...
Hmmm for last few years i see reductions in range. But truth is that since i work i our store i never seen so many lines. Range increased and on top of it we have some lines coming for some promos but then lie in warehouse for weeks before RTC.
The only thing that changed significantly is delivery size. For ex when we had 25 cages of dairy on average for bussy night today is 18 but it takes one or even two more people to work it ;D :D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;D ;D :D and i hear about reduction in repl. Wierd is this world. :)

londoner83

Think they are trying to move more ambient products on to sell from MU or pallet. Unsure  how many lines will go like this, but if you look at the discounters the model seems to work - just stock for example one type of tin tomato and sell it in bulk.

William91

Quote from: londoner83 on 03-02-21, 06:57PM
Think it's actually more than half as cash usage has massively declined. Will be interesting from a IDQ point if the card tills are empty yet 5 people are queuing on the cash till.

I was told 75% of main bank going card only. All self service will also be put into card only mode.

Hours to be cut from TS will be offered hours elsewhere within business with pay protection...

Nomad

Trustworthy ?

"Hours to be cut from TS will be offered hours elsewhere within business with pay protection..."

Pay protection, you think  8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Rednose

Is it going to be a soft change or will redundancy be offered re cash office

Redshoes

No redundancies, all soft structure. Our cash office only lost 2.5 hours and our cash office colleagues both do checkouts, self service, CSD and PFS as needed once finished in the cash office. It’s a mixture as they do the rounds covering breaks. I’m not saying that your store will expect this but there is nothing wrong in spending time on a till after finishing in cash office. This was once not allowed but as we now have smart tills and cctv there is nothing wrong in processing your own transactions next day.

beahead

More cuts to cash office then ?

lordadmiral

Quote from: Redshoes on 06-02-21, 03:16AM
No redundancies, all soft structure.
There might no be redundancies beacuse tesco might accually push us to do cleaners job. Last night had info from Mitie manager that  local Extra (Bristol) been briefed about it. It's a leak and no specifics but our cleaning crew is scared for their jobs now. They just await for more details what is going on.

forrestgimp

Quote from: William91 on 05-02-21, 09:32PM
Quote from: londoner83 on 03-02-21, 06:57PM

I was told 75% of main bank going card only. All self service will also be put into card only mode.

Hours to be cut from TS will be offered hours elsewhere within business with pay protection...

If that happens there will be a lot of unhappy people at our store, We have a lot of cash tansactions through self service.

Quote from: Nomad on 05-02-21, 09:54PM
Trustworthy ?

"Hours to be cut from TS will be offered hours elsewhere within business with pay protection..."

Pay protection, you think  8-)

lol  25% of the difference is protected for 4 years and that errodes by 25% a year then to really stick the boot on no pay rise until you are on pay parity with your colleagues.

its pretty worthless

Does anybody know the full changes happening in large stores? I’ve heard some rumours but not sure if they are store specific. Are all stores loosing team support hours, cash office hours csd hours, and some tills going card only? changing rooms closing?

LittleMiss

In our pathetic store half of the tills are going card only, checkouts, trollies & csd losing hours. Don’t know where they get their figures from but Friday & Saturday afternoons we only have 1 person contracted so overtime is used to get another colleague to work
(Only when overtime isn’t cut) friday’s & Saturdays are our busiest days. It’s a complete joke 😡

londoner83

Why do we still employ trolley collectors?  Most discounters survive with people getting their own trolley from the car park when they park up. Yes it would lead to a few moans but people would adapt....

Obviously could then use the staff for tasks inside, rumbling, tidying or filling.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk