News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:56PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Food Stock Managers

Started by beentheredoneit, 01-10-19, 08:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mildew

There are absolutely no updates. Permanent state of limbo

lucgeo

Their silence speaks volumes!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Mildew

Pretty sure now there will be no news and this carries on indefinitely

Wirey2020

How is everyone coping?

Mildew

Wonder how many of us are left in this pointless role?

Wirey2020

Have they not been catching up with you?

Eewyn

I haven’t had any catch ups since the original brief in August.

Mildew

Nothing to catch up over. No vacancies, so stuck in the zombie role. Beyond a joke now.

beentheredoneit

Definitely the forgotten role - obviously Corona has overtaken everything (except for bakery which had to happen)
Had my EOY review last week - senior expressed sympathy at my position; told just to continue doing what I am doing (obviously a bit key in the big osi push)
So that's it then - carry on waiting ....... and being continually frustrated ............
beentheredoneit

Wirey2020

Haha it sounds like you have a better manager than what I have....a complete clown with strings attached to his limbs!!!

Me2015

Redundant processes, Redundant colleagues, redundant central team, redundant job?   No, let’s keep the manager there to.......Answers on a postcard please!

Teddybonkers

Mmmmmmm.................Ah ha, got it -  who's going to do the rota's and organise staff breaks then? Well worth the £2000 a month I'd say.

Hammer10

Bakery did not need to happen it has been the biggest c**k up ever relays not completed , told a pack of lies about cutting range ,plu numbers that where not communicated,dot com asking for orders only half an hour after the baker starts .i could tell you more but the list is endless.

King1999

They lie about everything,pity is the irreparable damage it’s done......not the company alot of us joined.We’ve lost all our bakery staff so much for redeploying them sat in their meetings absolutely disgusting treatment same as last year with counters and stock control.The company is run by s*** now.As for the shopping experience it feels very eastern bloc the heart has gone.Miserable staff what an achievement.

beentheredoneit

Everything is now back to normal!
Had meeting with my senior to go through all the vacancies locally and for me to explain why each of them was not acceptable to me
Next meeting in two weeks.
Anyone else had this ?
beentheredoneit

NightAndDay

Quote from: King1999 on 05-05-20, 10:03PM
They lie about everything,pity is the irreparable damage it’s done......not the company alot of us joined.We’ve lost all our bakery staff so much for redeploying them sat in their meetings absolutely disgusting treatment same as last year with counters and stock control.The company is run by s*** now.As for the shopping experience it feels very eastern bloc the heart has gone.Miserable staff what an achievement.

They're also not as competitive with regards to compensation anymore, before Lewis took over they offered leading wages, now Sainsburys is the leader. As c**p as it is for those facing the chopping block there's still the option for better pay in a similar role with one of Tescos main competitors.

Wirey2020

Quote from: beentheredoneit on 10-06-20, 02:19PM
Had meeting with my senior to go through all the vacancies locally and for me to explain why each of them was not acceptable to me
Anyone else had this ?

Been going through it for a while now!!! This will probably end up in the courts!!

stockstaffreduction

Quote from: beentheredoneit on 10-06-20, 02:19PM
Anyone else had this ?

What is happening in two weeks at the next meeting then?
Or is that just an expectation of the next timeline?

Redshoes

My understanding is that when it gets to this level the info is sent off and the decision is made at head office level. It is head office that decide if reasonable offers have been made or if it can go to redundancy. This can't be decided in store or even at local level. It is only the info gathering that is done in store/local. Who knows what will come back, who knows if two weeks is enough time. Meeting might give a decision or it might just be to say info being looked at but no reply yet. It might not be at that level yet though so it could just be that they want more info or to let you know they have all the facts they need so will now be sent off.

beentheredoneit

I have made it clear on several occasions that I am not prepared to take another position, my arguement being that by removing the position, they caused a redundancy situation , there being several presidents for this.
So presumably they will either accept this or sack me (see you in court).
They are also trying to get me through syp; bring it on.
beentheredoneit

Wirey2020

Wow!!! Sounds exactly the same as my situation....nothing for years but for green reviews then boom, got hit with a miss 😏 yes court seems likely...I have yet to encounter a genuine food stock control manager in the wider business with the exception of those being moved on so the role has gone.

Mildew

Very unlikely to risk sacking you.

Redshoes

As far as I'm aware there is no mention of sacking, if some feel this is coming it is at store level, not at company level, in my view.
My understanding is that if all measures have been taken to try and find an alternative job role have been taken and nothing can be found the company then decide if that position in that store can continue or be made redundant. If the structure change means that that manager has few colleagues and smaller responsibility it will be down to how that looks in the individual store.

NightAndDay

The legal definition of redundancy is thst the job is made obsolete and therefore the person in the role is made redundant. At a more granular level the job role is defined by a number of prescribed tasks, If due to the structure change some of these prescribed tasks have devolved to another role or several roles, then as long as Tesco agrees not to change either the salary or job title and salary (lowering the salary of the role), they don't have to put it down as a redundancy situation.

However practically speaking they will to reflect the lesser responsibilities and accountabilities the role now has, if they're lowering the salary or changing the title as well as lowering the salary then it is a redundancy situation. The redeployment to another similar role has to be reasonable to both parties (i.e being told to move to a different location further away, being told to take a pay cut in another role, working significantly different shift patterns, working less hours or being redeployed to an unsuitable role (a ca being moved to being CEO for example.)

Mildew

I’ve been through the grievance process and played email tennis ad infinitum.  What appears to be the case now is you carrry on in this non role until the day leave, then it just doesn’t become a vacancy. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk