Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

30-04-24, 04:49AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,434
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 309
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 284
Total: 284

Snakes/rats/mice/spiders etc in Tesco !

Started by Nomad, 14-07-12, 09:57AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki

When you get down to the nuts and bolts of it all, Tesco have, once again, screwed up.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

optout

somebody should have told her that when given the choice it is always always always best to swallow. :thumbup:
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

seenitall

QuoteA disgusted mother sunk her teeth into a Tesco spring roll and found a metal bolt hidden inside.

Presumably the spring roll was made by Whitworth's.  Occasional inclusion of metal objects is one of Whitworth's quality metrics.

To the women eating the spring roll it came like a bolt from the blue.  But clearly her snack didn't include any springs.

Tim Vine, eat your heart out. And tell your slacker cousin, Tim Wood, to get to that spring roll factory and sort it out.

I think it's now time I went and had a lie down.

Loki

Now there's an opportunity to have a lovely set of pearly white crowns paid for by our Company.

Nomad

Forget the snakes, see the RAT  :o

Watch huge RAT scurrying around Tesco checkouts and food aisles as disbelieving cameraman sprints to keep up.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/watch-huge-rat-scurrying-around-6237823

QuoteThe rodent, measuring roughly eight inches long, then zipped down the full length of the checkouts the Tesco Extra store in Brookfield, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, making its way past some strewn empty boxes towards the food aisles.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Loki

Inconsistent if you ask me. Where's it's white shirt with blue and red stripes?

Nomad

Must be a member of the Rapid Action Team  :D
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

mexicopete

Quote from: Nomad on 13-08-15, 10:06AM
Forget the snakes, see the RAT  :o

Watch huge RAT scurrying around Tesco checkouts and food aisles as disbelieving cameraman sprints to keep up.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/watch-huge-rat-scurrying-around-6237823

QuoteThe rodent, measuring roughly eight inches long, then zipped down the full length of the checkouts the Tesco Extra store in Brookfield, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, making its way past some strewn empty boxes towards the food aisles.

I was told the rat was called Dave or Matt and had escaped from Head office for the day. ;) ;) ;)
The worlds me lobster

Nomad

http://www.canterburytimes.co.uk/Video-Whitstable-Tesco-customer-discovers-live/story-27617025-detail/story.html

QuoteRadio executive Kyle Farrant was tucking into his pre-packed peppered salad on Friday when he discovered a green caterpillar wriggling away amongst the leaves.

Well, it's similar to a snake  :)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/shopper-stunned-find-dead-scorpion-6275778

QuoteA shopper felt like he's been stung when he found a dead SCORPION in his Tesco pot pourri.

Perhaps it was killed by the rat or snake  :)

OK customers getting stung  :( , GO
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

woman shocked to find 8cm long metal bar in tesco gateau

QuoteA woman was shocked to find a huge metal bar inside her Tesco chocolate gateau.

Karen Bell, from Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, couldn't believe her eyes after cracking open the packaging of the gateau and finding the 3ins-long pole inside.

QuoteA spokesperson for Tesco said: 'We take the safety of our food extremely seriously and were very concerned to hear of this incident.
is there a parrot working at head office.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Loki

Nomad

Live beetle swimming in Tesco apple juice carton stuns teenage customer

QuoteKatie Payne and her mum uncovered the unwelcome guests in a carton of freshly squeezed apple juice they bought near their home at the store in Bursledon, Southampton.

Spokesperson may have got the tintack as it is now a spokeswoman  :o  :) , same tune though.
QuoteA Tesco spokeswoman has apologised to the family.

She added: "We set ourselves the highest standards for the quality of our food and drink and are disappointed to hear of this incident.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/man-claims-he-found-insect-in-tesco-salad-31509509.html

QuoteHe reported that he "felt something really strange" in his first bite of the salad he had bought for lunch.

QuoteWe're sorry that the customer had this experience; we serve 2.5 million customer transactions per week and it is extremely rare for a customer to have an experience like this.

"extremely rare" ! are not the words I would think of.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Woman finds alien-like creature inside Tesco apple juice

QuoteOkay, we think it's time to panic.

A disgusting alien-thing was found in a couple's carton of apple juice on the weekend.

No one knows what the blob is, but it looks like a cross between a slug and a condom.

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Father criticises Tesco after his baby daughter ate out-of-date food bought at store in Leicester

Quote"I had to wait at least 5-10 minutes while the customer services staff dealt with a colleague, once she attended to me and my partner she did not show any concern to the fact that I had just fed my daughter out-of-date products.

"One of the members of staff rudely referred to my daughter as "the kid".
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Digimon

Looks like it may have been some type of cereal or biscuit type product? If that's the case the thing would be fine to eat months later even if it wasn't at it's prime. If, and if this is the case, I would be very dubious as to whether it caused any discomfort following ingestion.

If it was my child and I was concerned that he or she was developing a rash and vomiting due to consuming something that was worrying to me as a parent, the NHS helpline would have been called. The fact that he didn't call makes me skeptical.

Who in their right mind waits until symptoms subside not knowing when they might, of if ever they will?

Another spud-faced chancer?

optout

if your KID is ill dont go to casualty go to tesco customer services, it the umpteenth emercency service. And they would have been waitng a hell of a lot longer at the casualty depatrment.

i think the corect response should have been "...and would sir like us to call an ambulance for his little cherub".
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Nomad

The point is taken at face value there was out of date product on sale and that should not happen in any store.  But it is happening more often lately.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Equalizer87

Its the same in my store, the workload is becoming too much and with fewer hours available to do the job. When will they learn that fewer staff and a bigger job lot equals the job not being done?

As for working faster, not a chance. I'm not breaking my back for these blood seeking leeches any longer.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

mexicopete

Quote from: Digimon on 02-10-15, 10:38PM
Looks like it may have been some type of cereal or biscuit type product? If that's the case the thing would be fine to eat months later even if it wasn't at it's prime. If, and if this is the case, I would be very dubious as to whether it caused any discomfort following ingestion.

If it was my child and I was concerned that he or she was developing a rash and vomiting due to consuming something that was worrying to me as a parent, the NHS helpline would have been called. The fact that he didn't call makes me skeptical.

Who in their right mind waits until symptoms subside not knowing when they might, of if ever they will?

Another spud-faced chancer?

Another spud-faced chancer? LOL. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The worlds me lobster

Nomad

Horrified Tesco shopper finds DEAD LIZARD in bunch of bananas and gets an 80p refund

QuoteNatasha Oliver said she took the pack back to the branch where staff apologised and gave her an 80p refund.

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Tesco recall over 66,000 packets of garlic bread from the shelves

QuoteThe supermarket made the move following an investigation that found some weighed up to a FIFTH less than the weight advertised on the packaging.

The Trading Standards investigation discovered shoppers were being mislead about how much garlic bread they were actually being sold.

Could have topped it with horse meat to make the weight up  ;)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Spiders in raspberries

QuoteA dad was left shocked after discovering a family of five spiders in his supermarket raspberries.

David Leigh, 34, of Clay Pits in Braintree, bought a punnet of raspberries from Tesco in Great Notley only to discover the creatures inside.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk