Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

08-05-24, 09:25AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: imprint
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,481
  • Total Topics: 644
  • Online today: 206
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 167
Total: 168

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer10

As soon as I can afford to drop Sunday's I will.

lackofinterest

Quote from: Hammer10 on 02-07-18, 11:25AM
Cancelled c**pdaw 2 years ago.
when outside usdaw rep visits our store to try and recruit new members i tell them they're wasting their time as I've already persuaded the newbies not to join  :-X

sfo

Quote from: lackofinterest on 02-07-18, 11:43AM
Quote from: Hammer10 on 02-07-18, 11:25AM
Cancelled c**pdaw 2 years ago.
when outside usdaw rep visits our store to try and recruit new members i tell them they're wasting their time as I've already persuaded the newbies not to join  :-X

spot on

Penny

People in our store are getting told to sign form that they can't opt out of Sunday's. Is this legal?

Hammer10

No the government have said we can opt out of Sunday's and tescos might think it is the government but it is not ,they are nobody.

Totot

The game of dave are too obvious, he is not good with management, dont bother about retail business. He is a person with mathematic approach, if something gain on the right, in the left will lose, just like this sunday and bh premium and even more. Fiddling just the number, no retail business strategy, only destroy the team work structure from inside.

I never work my fastest anymore for quite a while, only did when im in the mood and thats very rare. For me that and how i dont use my knowldege to boost selling at work for now for my retaliation. Even i am only a ga that loads of people look down, but i got my experience for that. In express, we have to do everything, so i can retaliate anytime i want.

If we want to hurt dave more, there are 2 thing that we can do but we need to be united.
We need to sale all our stock, make a plan of it, make a fuss with it, and aim the right timing, everyone must sell it within the window time. The fuss is to push the stockholder to get rid of him.
The other one is everyone to quit union, any union in the same time, let a new union arise who can become our representative. No point joint a union that dont care, dont know enough and only as a pet from political party so they can send our money to them.
In ideal world, these mp should work for us but it is the opposite.

After a while noticing how we operate and how other retailers works, i have no doubt that there is a big chance that tesco might be gone within 10 years. When its happened, it will be fast.
I work full shift on sunday and i knew i wont have anything since they start telling us its gonna be times quarter. P**d off but i need the money. So meanwhile i just do it with no extra and when something wrong gonna happened, i will happily leave it happened.
My customer will still have a good service from me because i think of them as my customer not tesco.
Be strong all my fellow brothers and sisters.

Grey goose

Why did the managers get a better pay deal than the ga's? They get their pay rise plus a payout for the premiums even though they aren't loosing anything from their salaries. The night managers get to keep their Sunday premiums just like they kept their night premium while the ga's lost it. Why are the payout calculations different for managers?
Why does the union get them a better pay deal when most managers aren't even in the union

yelsel

So if we are not getting a pay out are we not getting a letter detailing why. Sick to death of this company now . Not even enough respect for g as to bother explaining reasons why they decided we are not worthy of compensation for losing what our contract states we are entitled to .

yelsel

Last week I sold all my shares at £2.61 . I think subconsciously I am taking away all my ties to strsco and getting  ready to leave . Put them in my savings account nothing holding me back now .

T.C.1

I'am pretty sure Sainsburys done the same thing Tesco have done with Sunday premiums but some how MP's got involved saying shop floor workers would lose to much pay so Sainsburys had to revise there offer for Sunday premium plus a better pay out deal to compensate. 100% that colleagues can do this no more O/T Sunday's no working B/H' yet again very sort sighted from Tesco just as the was roll out of nights to twlights which seems off the radar at the mo??

yelsel

My problem is I can't afford to cut a day so can't take the chance of opting out of Sundays.  I've worked in retail for 25 years now I'm 58 not sure whether I'll get a job I've got no experience in . But will give it a go.

his scots tie

Quote from: T.C.1 on 02-07-18, 03:26PM
I'am pretty sure Sainsburys done the same thing Tesco have done with Sunday premiums but some how MP's got involved saying shop floor workers would lose to much pay so Sainsburys had to revise there offer for Sunday premium plus a better pay out deal to compensate. 100% that colleagues can do this no more O/T Sunday's no working B/H' yet again very sort sighted from Tesco just as the was roll out of nights to twlights which seems off the radar at the mo??
Wouldnt mind dropping sunday premium altogether,if pay was going up to £9.20 an hour from september instead of £8.42 from November.We are losing our premiums for nothing in return.

bugsbunny

just seen the comments on our Tesco underneath the carrefour deal maybe we should all add to them

yelsel

His Scots tie
I agree there probably still be a bit peeved but at a decent hourly rate it wouldn't be as bad .

Xxluckyxx

I don't see the problem why should sunday workers get paid more to do the same job. Its good to see a change to benefit everyone not just those lucky enough to be contracted to the right day.

Hammer10

You obviously have not worked on a Sunday most of us have been doing them from the start of Sunday trading in the six hours the store is open is nearly like Xmas at times ,we did not want Sunday trading at the start when we were told it would be double time we agreed to work even though it disrupted our family lives .If we were asked again we would do it again but very soon the company will find a problem to cover stores as many people will drop the day when they can afford to.

notsofunny

So what you are saying is that if you have a contract that say you will be paid £1 for the hour , its ok for Tesco to cut it down to 50 pence , and you would be happy for them to do so  8-)

Quote from: Xxluckyxx on 02-07-18, 06:01PM
I don't see the problem why should sunday workers get paid more to do the same job. Its good to see a change to benefit everyone not just those lucky enough to be contracted to the right day.

yelsel

Xxlucky
You do Sunday then . I didn't particularly want to work Sun but because I was given extra premium to work a day nobody wants to do I thought ok then I'm being compensated for working it . Now I'm not I'm losing money. If you asked people in your store would they work a Sun for time and a quarter 9 out of 10 would say no . So no we are not lucky to work a Sun we are doing a day nobody else wants to do and should be paid accordingly

Xxluckyxx

I have always done sundays when i have the chance. Why would i not its free money for doing the same thing i always do

cosmosmallpiece

Well after this Xxluckyxx your chance of doing more will increase.

Nikkih4586

I am contracted to Sunday's but believe I would rather be at home for the money I'm paid to work through the night it's a joke ..Not enough staff managers don't care to many people sick the few that's left work twice as hard  on nights late deliveries all the time and no help nowhere plus when I go to work I have to do tills for 2 hours b4 doing the filling of shelves.... I hate it every one is unhappy not a nice place to work  >:D

roughyedspud

Has anyone had a new contract yet?

Nomad

[admin]A series of off topic posts have been deleted. VLH supporters get the benefit of starting new topics. [/admin]
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

trolleyboy96

Due to printing errors, as in the contract prints over 2 pages which isn't ideal, wage and Admin clerks have been advised only to print contract changes as requested from changing hours etc...and to print new contracts after the next payrise as the technical printing issues should of been resolved.

So in theory you might not see a new contract until November.

JL

No new contract no new reduced wage.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk