Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

16-04-24, 11:57PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,344
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 162
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 145
Total: 148

Bakers, are you affected how do you feel?

Started by forrestgimp, 25-02-20, 07:17PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightAndDay

If Tescos rules were adhered to, they wouldn't be working in such close capacity anyway, this sounds like it's tickling the edge of Tescos Conflict of Interest policy.

It is also not unheard of for managers to bend the rules of conflict of interest, what usually results are unfair decisions, favoritism, process being ignored and a chumocratic leadership stance.

mrs blobby

Quote from: Notmyname on 08-03-20, 08:57AM
Does anyone feel that this process will be fair and proper, because in the store I work in I don’t believe it will be, the wife of the person doing the consultation is a personal friend of one of the staff and is the bakery manager’s favourite ie tells them everything, I really have my doubts this will be fair hope I’m wrong
Too be honest I've had the same gut feelings, the favourites will come out of it all ok.

Redshoes

You can bring that up, ask for fair impartial consultation. They will want things right as any disputes go up the line and if you have stated unfair and not impartial they won't want that coming back on them.

Bakersdozen

Isn't it today the heatmap is due to drop?
What's people's opinions on this whole process during the Corona pandemic, surely it should get postponed.

We have been flat out in the bakery since the panic buying has started. If plant bread falls short in the coming weeks/months the pressure on ISB is going to be huge. Not to mention when sickness/deaths happen in store. I don't think the majority of people realise just how big this virus is going to get.

Oldman

Quote from: Bakersdozen on 16-03-20, 11:49AM
Isn't it today the heatmap is due to drop?
What's people's opinions on this whole process during the Corona pandemic, surely it should get postponed.

We have been flat out in the bakery since the panic buying has started. If plant bread falls short in the coming weeks/months the pressure on ISB is going to be huge. Not to mention when sickness/deaths happen in store. I don't think the majority of people realise just how big this virus is going to get.
think ours may well have arrived had the sm that took our availability meetings chasing us up for our forms we kinda held on to them as long as possible got them signed and photo copied so they can't alter them   >:D

polar

Regarding the current situation, the company made a decision. Cut a lose and let us get gon with life. Don't say we haven't got jobs then string it out for another month.

EpyonZero

Heard the heatmaps are down for some stores and delayed for others, any info anyone?

Oldman

Heard from our rep today bakers not willing to except a 20% reduction in hours will be offered redundancy that's on mail he received today I'm not in the Union but he was talking to one of our bakers

Hammer10

If that’s the case there won’t be hardly any bakers left.

Oldman

Quote from: Hammer10 on 19-03-20, 05:30AM
If that’s the case there won’t be hardly any bakers left.
I got to read the letter and that was not correct information it's a lot harder to explain but basically they will try their hardest to keep you especially the good ones the union have asked them to agree to voluntary redundancy something the company had ruled out before

Danman

But is the bit about 20% reduction factual?

lucgeo

If they can't match your current contract hours, and you don't agree to drop on protected pay, then it's a redundancy situation. They can't dictate a drop in hours, that's why you have a contract.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Gymbunny

Just heard from our other baker, than any baker with asthma is now off for 12 wks.  We have 2 with asthma, there is only me left.  :( :( :'(

Oldman

Quote from: Danman on 19-03-20, 11:59AM
But is the bit about 20% reduction factual?
no it was saying if your current hours were less than 50% in the bakery .I questioned it because 20% off all bakers in our store was not equal to the 70hours over they are saying we are we would need to lose more than 20%

Oldman

Quote from: Gymbunny on 19-03-20, 01:45PM
Just heard from our other baker, than any baker with asthma is now off for 12 wks.  We have 2 with asthma, there is only me left.  :( :( :'(
is this true as one of our bakers is asthmatic and we have not been told anything ?

Gymbunny

The guy I work with was told just b4 he left at 12.30pm.
Messaged me to let me know, so is totally true.

damien

"Stand by your employers" Boris is saying for the next 12 weeks.  Ha, tell that to Bakery staff who don't know where they will be in 8 weeks.

madness

Damien a government decesion or advice has to be without the millions of what about xxx unique situations that occur in everyones lifes

lucgeo

Is it asthma or bakers lung??

Redshoes

Quote from: Oldman on 19-03-20, 02:16PM
is this true as one of our bakers is asthmatic and we have not been told anything ?

No longer allowed to employ someone with asthma in bakery. It's on health questionnaire as you start.

Oldman

In the light of the current situation with covid-19 I wonder what will happen with restructuring bakeries our store like all I imagine is working flat out to keep customers supplied with fresh bread as plant bread gets decimated I have just had to go into 14 days self isolation due to  a family member getting symptoms and still waiting to find out about 121 meetings

Hammer10

Someone said there is a conference call Monday.

Gymbunny

They cannot expect us to keep working flat out for who knows how long to then go and  cut your hrs or make you redundant if you don't want to go. I want to leave sooner rather than later.
It should still go ahead and if you can have redundancy they could offer you to stay at your original hrs for as long as they need you or how long you want, whatever comes first and then leave with your package.

lucgeo

I personally think the redundancies will be put on hold, unless the consultation has started and finish date letter given? Even then a deferred redundancy could be offered, in that you continue working your contract hours and finish when the current situation ends with your redundancy package.

Jethro

Should give people their redundancy package, then the option of staying on  on a temporary contract until it's all over.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk