Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

26-04-24, 05:19PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: BB41
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,418
  • Total Topics: 639
  • Online today: 746
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 490
Total: 490

Bakers, are you affected how do you feel?

Started by forrestgimp, 25-02-20, 07:17PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SameOld

Have any managers been affected thus far? or are they safe for now?

polar

Well slowly watching the redundancy dream go up in smoke. If your half useful then managers are going to bend the situation, and will end up staying, by using matched hours. Still not 100‰ convinced that it will happen.

Baker14

Totally agree, all bakery managers have been have training this week in how to make sure none of us get a penny and have to take other roles in store even if it’s half bakery half another department.

bobbywm

I was promised that,  when merch went through it last year.  That I'd get to make up my hours on another dept.   But didn't get.
Keep on Rockin' in the free world

Oldman

Quote from: Baker14 on 05-03-20, 05:49PM
Totally agree, all bakery managers have been have training this week in how to make sure none of us get a penny and have to take other roles in store even if it’s half bakery half another department.
I'm putting my availability to my current rota hours have done the same hours for well over 4 months now and we have been told only dept with hours is for com they can't match my hours with them and I will not budge on them

letmego

Quote from: Baker14 on 05-03-20, 05:49PM
Ridiculous statement....  >:D

madness

ah yes the "gold for how to not let anyone get any redundancy payout training pack" I remember it well. Go boil your head whoever thinks that is a thing.

Out store have been trying to combine job vacancies in other departments to give the bakers an option of staying on or if they want rendundancy.

Baker14

I’m just going on what I’ve been told by a bakery manager who has been to the the first of the 2 day course. Just trying to prewarn people it won’t be as easy as counter staff found it to take redundancy.

londoner83

The company now realises the stupidity of paying thousands to make people redundant whilst having hundreds of unfilled vacancies across the business. Whilst Baking is a skilled role, packers should be easily transferable into a different role

lucgeo

So how are they proposing to sort your higher grade payment, are you keeping it?
Just stick to the hours you do now and shifts...if they match you to them, without a change having to be made by you, then the job is there.
Do not be told you have to meet halfway, change contract...you don't!
Also I would question, in the meeting with notes. If the department they are suggesting, are under hours, if so by how many? If they are putting you into a dept, which will then be over hours, they are creating an unsustained position.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Monkeyman999

They could protect the hours you can’t do and pay you protected for 2 years though ???

EpyonZero

This all sounds so confusing, We've still heard nothing except for asking us to fill in availability forms

Monkeyman999

True BUT why are they training staff on shop floor and managers all of a sudden to make bread at some stores ?

dizzy_1

In essence it's not making bread, it's warming through a part baked loaf. It's part of the "multi skilled" training they want everyone to have, so when they are short on staff they can ask Joe from checkouts to go warm some bread off or Matilda from dairy to help out and do potential reductions.
i dont have an attitude problem you have a perception problem!

Baker4life

Been told first 121 is 6th April so left hanging for another 4 weeks.

Oldman

Been looking on the acas site your rights during redundancies even if they job match you then you  have a right to a 4 week trial period where if you find it's not working out then you could still get made redundant

Oldman

[quote author=Oldman link=topic=17219.msg237768#msg237768 date=1583506You have the right to a 4-week trial period in an alternative job. This should start after you’ve worked your notice period and your existing contract has ended. This avoids any confusion or disputes if the trial does not work out.

It’s a good idea to get the dates for the trial period in writing. If you need longer to train for a job, get your employer’s agreement in writing with a clear end date.

If your employer offers you more than one job, you can try each for 4 weeks.

lucgeo

I'm pretty sure if they can job match you in your own dept and to your availability, then it's not a redundancy issue. If you apply for, or they offer you, a different dept, then the four week trial kicks in?
You can also defer redundancy to take up a temporary vacancy, e.g. Seasonal, maternity etc...but should a situation arise during this time whereby you are dismissed  then you will not get the redundancy payout.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Baker14

Quote from: Baker4life on 06-03-20, 02:10PM
Been told first 121 is 6th April so left hanging for another 4 weeks.
Easter week, more great planning by the genius tesco management.

polar

Like we will be busy Easter week.  ;D

Hammer10

Jethro

Can feel a bit of sickness coming on around easter week  :thumbup:

mexicopete

@Jethro...make sure it's either into the ovens or over the bread/buns...you decide. ;) ;) ;)
The worlds me lobster

Oldman

Any help with questions to ask at 121 meetings gratefully accepted I am trying to go for redundancy so my availability form is virtually impossible to job match as Tues till fri I start at 3 am and as far as I'm aware no other dept has 3 am starts tia

Notmyname

Does anyone feel that this process will be fair and proper, because in the store I work in I don’t believe it will be, the wife of the person doing the consultation is a personal friend of one of the staff and is the bakery manager’s favourite ie tells them everything, I really have my doubts this will be fair hope I’m wrong

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk