News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 04:36PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 289
Total: 294

Diversity and Inclusion Training

Started by taliahad, 14-10-20, 03:27PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King1999

Well said ......... they really do need to get their own house in order who the f#$k do they think they are.They need to be very careful for the s*** I see how people are treated daily........slavery springs to mind.....and toss pot managers who think they can talk to you like your a piece of s***.

alf

Did this moron actually compare the use of mobile phones to racism, and/or other forms of discrimination.

King1999

If he’s offended it’s his right  ....... keep the name calling to the playground.

NightAndDay

There's discrimination and then there's not following policy, the process in a lot of restaurants is if anyone (regardless of skin colour, religion or sex) wants to dine in, they have to use the venue check in on the Track and Trace app. Not being allowed in because you've not done this is not discriminatory.

alf

And I'm entitled to call him a moron.

Actually that's untrue for both cases, it's a private forum ol' nomad can dictate whatever he wants to be posted here.

Similarly a private business can absolutely deny access to a customer, and while there are protected characteristics, the idea that a f****ng mobile phone is one of them  is beyond absurd.

Honestly take your head out your hole, the man is comparing being denied access due to not having a mobile phone to racism, sexism and the rest, it's bonkers.

King1999

Boo hoo ....... enjoy your cry.You obviously live up your own hole see how it goes.Boring.

alf

Crying, that's rich coming from you.

I look forward to your next "this corporation dosent care  about me, f****ng b*****d, Lewis something or other  >:("

alf

But silly antagonist BS aside, the crux is...

If you think this diversity business is silly,  if you think racism (and the other isms) are inflated or exaggerated, that's one thing, and honestly to an extent I  would agree with that.

But this man has decided that being denied access to a premise as he had no phone, is comparable to someone being denied access due to their skin colour.

It is trivialising what for some people is a legitimate issue.

penguin

QuoteDid the diversity training and was disgusted at how discriminatory it was against white heterosexual people.

I was incensed by the way I was basically being told that because i'm a white heterosexual English man I was discriminatory racist etc because I wasn't in one of these groups although I was bought up in a diverse multi cultural town but at 55 I should think in a particular way.

What has now got me more incensed is the company has stuff up on the walls covering all these diverse groups and a calendar for events the one glaring omission is white English heterosexual male / Female like we don;t exist and are not important.

To add insult to injury all this s*** is being rammed down our throats.

However I was discriminated against today due to the fact that I went out without my mobile phone with the wife to the local Nando's.

After standing outside for ages I ask the girl for a table to which I was told unless I used the QR code I could not go in??

So I was refused entry because I didn't meet a certain criteria needless to say I protested at the fact that this is a disgrace to which I was told I was being aggressive for doing no more than ask questions the 4 year old manager do nothing but antagonize the situation to the point that I wanted to smack the hell out of him and they wonder why staff in shops etc are experiencing alleged aggression. you treat people with contempt or speak to people like s*** then your going to cause issues.

So I you have no mobile phone or choose not to consent to being tracked you are now being refused access to publicly accessible places??

You can't sit there because your black
You can't live there because your a Jew
You can't adopt a child because your both men
you can't eat in here because you don't have a mobile phone
you can't have that job because your a woman
you can't shop here because your not wearing a mask
you can't enjoy this play because your disabled
You can't leave your home because you've not had this vaccination

your a second class citizen because we say you are??

diversity, inclusion, acceptance my arse. It seems like only some types of discrimination are taboo because they are the current flavor of the day where others are actively being pushed

I am fuming I have never ever felt that I was singled out but today I saw what its actually like to be discriminated against yet i'm being forced to do this diversity training.

So angry.

Tesco can slide down razor blades.

Yes you were refused because you did not meet a certain criteria but that is not discrimination under the law, that is Nados right to refuse you entry due to being either unable or unwilling to use track and trace, and its not a public place as such its private property that you can be asked to leave or refused entry to at any time.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

NightAndDay

Thank you for reiterating what I said, glad to see common sense prevails.

King1999

Quote from: alf on 22-10-20, 06:21PM
Crying, that's rich coming from you.

I look forward to your next "this corporation dosent care  about me, f****ng b*****d, Lewis something or other  >:("
Interesting you had to read some of my posts...... trolling threats hmmmm what's that then.angry emoji get a grip idiot.

alf

Now now, leave those insults for the playground.

King1999

Exactly we’re back on track.🙂

beahead

I did the training g today , I found it really patronising , I cant believe that someone  has probably  been paid a fortune for this claptrap!!!!!. The first thing about discrimination  is pointing people out, so what someone is gay black transgender who cares? They are just people , and know they are actually  being pointed out , am I supposed to think that I now have to treat xyz differently,  and make them feel different? I just treat every  one the same , and as for not saying manpower!!!! If you can do the job that is what counts , not what gender you are

lucgeo

I personally would refuse to sign the training log...I would write in the signature area...refusal to sign, I found the video, patronising, subjective, and bordering on reverse racial discrimination!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

taliahad

How can you have reverse racial discrimination?  racial discrimination is racial discrimination.  I don't understand but yes, the video was cringe making, patronizing,  childish and completely pointless. 

gaz123

I think 'positive discrimination' is the correct phrase - something no-one would ever admit to doing, but when it's obvious that a person has been selected for a role or position because they tick a particular diversity box, not solely on the basis of their ability to do the job.

NightAndDay

If the training video promotes affirmative action/positive discrimination, the legal team could be in legally murky waters if someone gets fired for racial discrimination against a white heterosexual person as they could claim they were only following the training provided by Tesco citing the source material as evidence. Hopefully in such a case they get fined £1 trillion.

taliahad

It was all just so utterly pointless.  My colleagues and myself were all so bemused and angered by it all.  We live in a mainly all white area but the colleagues that we have and have had from other races haven't had a problem, they're just so and so, nobody even notices skin colour.  Same goes for sexuality too .  The question that annoyed me the most though was the one where it asked us if the people at the bottom of an organisation were as important as the ones at the top and then marked us as wrong if we answered that we were.  Very inclusive that tesco, very unmotivating.  What a bunch of idiots they have in charge.  I think they would be better off making things work properly, half our pertol pumps have been out for months, the fridge doesn't work, the PDA is a nightmare and as for our deliveries, well, i won't even go there but they don't understand stock control, that's for sure. 

gomezz

Must admit that there is one person in our store who you can't help noticing as to their sexuality as they have customised their uniform ... and openly tell anyone who cares to listen that they are trans-g.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

lucgeo

Quote from: taliahad on 28-10-20, 03:56PM
How can you have reverse racial discrimination?  racial discrimination is racial discrimination.  I don't understand but yes, the video was cringe making, patronizing,  childish and completely pointless.

Reverse discrimination, in my eyes, is when a person is deliberately excluded from applying for a position due to not fitting the quota of BAME/ sexual orientation, LGBT recruiting...it's about selecting someone, regardless of their ability to perform the role... the fact that a company has set targets of % minorities in the workforce...so as to meet those targets of political correctness, which it seems is what the video is promoting.

Regarding the importance of rank...I would object to this extremely verbally...and quote Tesco's own core value..."One team...the Tesco team"
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

forrestgimp

Quote from: thepainter on 22-10-20, 04:36PM

However I was discriminated against today due to the fact that I went out without my mobile phone with the wife to the local Nando's.

After standing outside for ages I ask the girl for a table to which I was told unless I used the QR code I could not go in??

So I was refused entry because I didn't meet a certain criteria needless to say I protested at the fact that this is a disgrace to which I was told I was being aggressive for doing no more than ask questions the 4 year old manager do nothing but antagonize the situation to the point that I wanted to smack the hell out of him and they wonder why staff in shops etc are experiencing alleged aggression. you treat people with contempt or speak to people like s*** then your going to cause issues. 

So I you have no mobile phone or choose not to consent to being tracked you are now being refused access to publicly accessible places??

You sound like a pr*t of the first order.

You were not discriminated against, You didnt have your phone to do the track and trace which is mandatory.....Did you write your name and contact details down for them or even offer to? I doubt it you just went off on a sanctimonious pompous rant about how you are right and they are wrong.

You got aggressive by your own admision and expect people to treat you with respect? Get a grip man the world does not revolve around you.

Lastly the part where you were denied access to a public place............. Wrong again Nandos is a private company not a public funded one and as such they have the power to decide who gets to use their facilitys and that day it wasnt you.

Suck it up and behave better next time then they may just allow you in.

gomezz

The track and trace apps do not work on my phone.  My preferred local pub has a text system alternative which is useful and I have made a note on my phone I can open to show to the doorkeeper of anywhere wanting my details so I do not have the usual problem of them mis-spelling both parts of my name (which are both variants of a commoner form).
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Nomad

I've lost count of the number of premises that have asked me to scan the track & trace code and I've explained it does not work on all smart phones.  Their response is nearly always "Really, I didn't know that".

But I have no objections to filling in their form.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

taliahad

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1354316/tesco-twitter-social-media-outrage-rupert-lowe-brexit-party

I found this to be an interesting article.  Tesco apparently liked a tweet that said "I do not understand how people can actually claim to be 'proud' to be from Britain. What is their to be proud of?" 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk