News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 08:06AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,128
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 445
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 418
Total: 425

Food Stock Managers

Started by beentheredoneit, 01-10-19, 08:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightAndDay

Either the structure change is still going to take place and the FSM role made defunct (in which case the redeployment to other similar roles must follow the reasonability test or redundancy has to be paid) or you work every day as an FSM in title until you resign, die or retire which would logically mean they would have changed their mind about some aspects of the structure change (It would be Tescos poor levels of corporate governance that this scenario wouldn't be communicated.)

Tactics generally used by Tesco would be to either bully you out of the company, disproportionately discipline on things like attendance or other underhand tactics, all of which if properly dealt with can get you more money via your good friends ACAS and the employment tribinal while still remaining in your job role.

beentheredoneit

My thought now, should the next meeting be as stressful as the last, is just read a prepared statement that I do not wish to apply for any other positions and see where that goes.
I am thankful for the replies on here - in store it seems like one against the system.
Reassuring that they look after your mental health .......
beentheredoneit

Wirey2020

Quote from: NightAndDay on 13-06-20, 01:41PM
Either the structure change is still going to take place and the FSM role made defunct (in which case the redeployment to other similar roles must follow the reasonability test or redundancy has to be paid) or you work every day as an FSM in title until you resign, die or retire which would logically mean they would have changed their mind about some aspects of the structure change (It would be Tescos poor levels of corporate governance that this scenario wouldn't be communicated.)

Tactics generally used by Tesco would be to either bully you out of the company, disproportionately discipline on things like attendance or other underhand tactics, all of which if properly dealt with can get you more money via your good friends ACAS and the employment tribinal while still remaining in your job role.

Second paragraph is so true....I can give so many examples if indirectly trying to push me out trying to dress it up as everything but the reality of what it is...bullying and harassment...everyday I feel it, add to that the level of effort they put in to try and undermine me at every turn in relation to simple every days tasks....in simple words...make my life unbearable in order to break my resolve and agree to what they are trying to force upon me!!

Mildew

Shows it must differ from store to store. I feel pretty comfortable that I would just continue this scaled down role indefinitely.  If at any point they choose to call it a day and make me redundant, all good.

Hmmm

I'm still in the same situation, not sure what's happening or been told anything? Currently I'm in another store doing a 12 week secondment which is now like 16 weeks as it has been extended. Nothing signed or anything. Now I'm still wondering what is happening. Is anyone upto speed with things that can help me as had no meetings or anything for about 5 months.

Redshoes

At the same time as this others are going through the annual structure change. It's not the same in all stores but some managers are being asked to take on a much bigger role as a vacant role is now deemed as not being vacant and the tasks have been distributed to others. There are also managers in a role where the annual structure change are being asked if they would take on another role, a different vacancy in store or even another store.
A manager in an affected role does not have to move. This is not a soft structure change or a redundancy matter, it's an annual review. I suspect that this will be the way forward. It's very much like right hours right place from the heat map. The update to the heat map are now quarterly and not annually. So colleague hours are reviewed quarterly and managers annually. In time I expect all roles will be reviewed quarterly. The quarterly review should mean smaller tweaks.

stockstaffreduction

I now feel like I am in the way of the Store Managers progress plan.  Without doubt the People Partners and Store Managers have been asked to push the issue again. If they are feeling bullied to do it, then I am sorry, however they should be clear with the people asking them to ask us to move, that essentially it is a waste of time.
I do not know of any Food Stock Manager who have moved since saying NO originally.
I have been treated differently since saying no to a move. I am sure this will vary from store to store, but please remember the Store Manager is not your friend, he or she will do what they are asked to do, because that is their job.

Moneybags23

Does anyone have any idea of what the new structure looks like. Obviously different in every store but would be good to have an idea.

stockstaffreduction

Moneybags23.
I only know speculation, like a lot of people.
Like a good few others I am reluctant to post specific information, as it could cause worry for no reason, and I simple do not know.

Wirey2020

Quote from: Moneybags23 on 14-06-20, 11:40AM
Does anyone have any idea of what the new structure looks like. Obviously different in every store but would be good to have an idea.

Streamlining of lead structure and bakery...store by store basis of course.

stockstaffreduction

Wirey2020.
Have you heard anthing about small superstores reducing managers headcount?
Those taking around or below £500k a week.

Mildew

Doesn’t sound very pleasant for some. I made clear I’m not moving and have been left to it and treated the same. I’m very much under the impression I carry on doing the food stock manager role indefinitely now.

Redshoes

If you know nothing about the annual structure change you are not involved. That's all anyone knows. They have said that it's an annual review so if not heard anything you don't need to worry for the next year, unless they find a way round this.

Wirey2020

Quote from: stockstaffreduction on 14-06-20, 02:26PM
Wirey2020.
Have you heard anthing about small superstores reducing managers headcount?
Those taking around or below £500k a week.

As far as I am aware the current round will only include the above mentioned changes.

Hmmm

Our shop has just been told that they have to lose a night manager, Still doing structure changes when hundreds of ffsc managers are still non the wiser what's happening.  :'(

Wirey2020

Add bakery managers to the list too!

Redshoes

Quote from: Mildew on 14-06-20, 04:56PM
Doesn’t sound very pleasant for some. I made clear I’m not moving and have been left to it and treated the same. I’m very much under the impression I carry on doing the food stock manager role indefinitely now.

Well done for being strong and standing firm but be aware that your job role has been seen as one that can be combined with another. You have turned down alternatives as you don't think it's a reasonable move. If the company agrees they may give you redundancy but on the other hand if the company agrees that they were reasonable they may feel that they have done all they can. There are now other manager roles not being replaced so you are now competing against additional managers for the few jobs that do come up. Who knows where it will end but this COVID-19 is costing a fortune and they are looking into lots of things that will save money.

[admin]"on the other hand if the company agrees" = unilaterally decides.[/admin]

Mildew

I can’t travel and there are no vacancies in store for over a year and very unlikely in the future.  They can make me redundant or just keep going.

lucgeo

Saving money after Covid is one thing...we'll all pay for it in the future with higher taxes, recession etc...however the legalities regarding redundancy will remain, regardless of Tesco's belief they are above the law!!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

stockstaffreduction

Quote from: Mildew on 14-06-20, 04:56PM

I am confident now that Tesco are working a solution for managers who will not move or who are reluctant to move. I would estimate there are 70-100 Food Stock Managers left in their roles, most will have worked for Tesco for a long long time.
If Tesco spend £100K on legal advice and finding a loop-hole that would still be a big saving on paying redundancy. When you look at what ASDA did last year to force a change and manage to succeed, then Tesco will following suit with colleagues and managers at some stage no doubt.
I will admit that I do not fully know the Asda situation and it may not be a clear cut as I think it is. What I do know though is there are no, or virtually no signs of employment tribunals being won by Asda staff.
If the Covid situation results in mass redundancies in the UK, then I think Tesco will use this as chance to force through minor employment changes as
no one will have any sympathy for us, as all we will hear is " atleast you have a job darling".

Wirey2020

Why would you think there is that many?? In my particular group there is only one!!

stockstaffreduction

Wirey2020.

That is just a pure estimate. I am on a group made up of very large stores, so working on that basis across the whole estate.
I also think surely if there were just 20 of us left in the company, Tesco would consider redundancy?
I could be wrong?

Mildew

There will not be redundancy

beentheredoneit

I suspect there are more.
Obviously someone has decided that redundancy for managers is not the way forward.
With the latest 'review' , in my area there is a situation that there are 9 seniors with one vacancy. And several more team managers recently misplaced with only a couple of vacancies.
They are not yet 'stuck' managers (as I am, having had no role for 16 months), but clearly unless roles magically appear they will soon be. This means the recent review will not happen for several months if not years ,unless people leave.
So all in all, rather a mess, and definitely not want the head doctor would recommend.
beentheredoneit

Mildew

Indeed. There will be less and less vacancies also as many won’t leave their positions within the company with the impending recession/depression about to take hold. It’s a company mess of it’s own creation leaving a few of us in this role to do half of someone else’s job for full pay. You couldn’t script their stupidity.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk