News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:29PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 273
Total: 275

Face Masks

Started by Welshie, 10-07-20, 10:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopeful soul

Quote from: dotnochance on 31-07-20, 10:40AM
Even in the Middle Ages they were using masks in times of a plague, those bird like mask, they weren't just wearing those to look cool, if people in the Middle Ages could wear one so can we.
plague was spread by flea bites lol so if face masks were being worn to try and stop the spread of it then no wonder it continued to spread for years unabated

Hopeful soul

Quote from: dotnochance on 31-07-20, 01:27PM
They did work though, it just wasn’t understood why! at the time they believed  miasma theory of disease, and that is disease travels through the air and are present in bad smells, their theory was wrong but they where half right
But moving on to present time, mask wearing to prevent the spread of disease has had extensive research been put into it for the past 100 years, if you really wanted to educate yourself there are plenty of papers out there that explain the benefits, the fact that people on this sub have been saying scientists are wrong and they will changer their mind in a few months and say there was no need for masks  is just worrisome. Wearing face masks tyranny Now??? let’s be honest most people who have a problem with masks and are refusing to wear out of discomfort nothing else.
the difference between people like you and people like me is that I do not believe I or anyone else has the right to tell you not to wear a face mask, I would never dream of dictating to you or anyone else what you should do with regards to your health, so explain to me why it's alright for this government and people like you to force me to cover my face,  free will is the backbone of all democratic nations and I will not have my free will and ability to think for myself and make my own judgements in life taken from me, I don't believe masks will stop or slow the spread of covid, if I'm brutally honest I don't think anything can slow or stop this, if it is as contagious as we're being told then the harsh reality is that no amount of lockdowns and face coverings will help, and maybe its time that people just accepted that, our way of life has been damaged, our economy has been destroyed, our health service is rapidly becoming overwhelmed by a backlog of regular everyday health issues that were put on hold for covid, half the population seem to have been brainwashed into becoming irrational hypochondriacs, cancer patients who had a chance to get treatment now find themselves as terminally ill, the little minds of children have been warped (perhaps forever) by all this cowardly c**p by adults, cases of mental illness are through the roof, domestic violence has risen, we are being dictated to on a daily basis about what we can and can't do by a bunch of people who really haven't got a clue (today you can visit your mum but tomorrow you can't kind of nonsense) and all of this because of a virus, there are over 3000000 different viruses that have and do circulate this globe, millions of different types of bacteria and yet shockingly enough there are still over 7 billion of us humans roaming the earth, the year 2020 will go down in history as the year the world's rubbish jumped back inside its body

Covid 19 - the most successful anarchist the world has ever witnessed

alf

"irrational hypochondriacs"

Quote from: Hopeful soul on 01-08-20, 12:20AM
I've seen staff members in the back air propping themselves against cages gasping for breath

staff are struggling to breathe, feeling faint and dizzy, struggling to see, staff are losing their voices and getting sore throats, puffy, sore and irratated eyes,  people are also getting sores and skin problems around their nose and mouth area, they are suffering from headaches and dehydration, people are having panic attacks and hyperventilating,

dotnochance

Quote from: Hopeful soul on 01-08-20, 01:03AM
They did work though, it just wasn’t understood why! at the time they believed  miasma theory of disease, and that is disease travels through the air and are present in bad smells, their theory was wrong but they where half right
But moving on to present time, mask wearing to prevent the spread of disease has had extensive research been put into it for the past 100 years, if you really wanted to educate yourself there are plenty of papers out there that explain the benefits, the fact that people on this sub have been saying scientists are wrong and they will changer their mind in a few months and say there was no need for masks  is just worrisome. Wearing face masks tyranny Now??? let’s be honest most people who have a problem with masks and are refusing to wear out of discomfort nothing else.
the difference between people like you and people like me is that I do not believe I or anyone else has the right to tell you not to wear a face mask, I would never dream of dictating to you or anyone else what you should do with regards to your health, so explain to me why it's alright for this government and people like you to force me to cover my face,  free will is the backbone of all democratic nations and I will not have my free will and ability to think for myself and make my own judgements in life taken from me, I don't believe masks will stop or slow the spread of covid, if I'm brutally honest I don't think anything can slow or stop this, if it is as contagious as we're being told then the harsh reality is that no amount of lockdowns and face coverings will help, and maybe its time that people just accepted that, our way of life has been damaged, our economy has been destroyed, our health service is rapidly becoming overwhelmed by a backlog of regular everyday health issues that were put on hold for covid, half the population seem to have been brainwashed into becoming irrational hypochondriacs, cancer patients who had a chance to get treatment now find themselves as terminally ill, the little minds of children have been warped (perhaps forever) by all this cowardly c**p by adults, cases of mental illness are through the roof, domestic violence has risen, we are being dictated to on a daily basis about what we can and can't do by a bunch of people who really haven't got a clue (today you can visit your mum but tomorrow you can't kind of nonsense) and all of this because of a virus, there are over 3000000 different viruses that have and do circulate this globe, millions of different types of bacteria and yet shockingly enough there are still over 7 billion of us humans roaming the earth, the year 2020 will go down in history as the year the world's rubbish jumped back inside its body

I would find your comment funny if it wasn’t so absolutely dangerous

notsofunny

Seems that those that seem to feel that placing a face mask over the mouth and nose is something that deprives them of free will , Rights deprived and all that ,

Same free will that they give away when they drive on the road instead of the footpath since that would mean a fine or jail , Then I suppose they would also refuse to put a seat belt on both in a car or a plane ,, seems crazy but some do think that way  or god forbid do what a manager tells them to do in store , But then i suppose they would willingly give up that free will just  so they don't end up on dole ,

gomezz

Quote from: triviup on 31-07-20, 11:03PM
How did everyone find it in the heat today?
Inside the air-conditioned stores?  Not as bad as it was for us dot.com drivers out on the road I will wager!   :(
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

dotnochance

You guys have air conditioning in your stores???

Nomad

.......... free will is the backbone of all democratic nations ......

Would those be the democratic nations that have governments that the people elect to govern and to tell them (the people) what they should/should not or can/can't do in times of emergency.

8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Welshie

Quote from: triviup on 31-07-20, 11:03PM
How did everyone find it in the heat today?

Everyone 😂😂😂 where I lived it reached a max 21 and it rained from 11am till after midnight.  If it ever gets to 23 here its classed as a heatwave and bbq stuff sells out

Mr Brightside 24

Biggest drama queen post of the year goes too...

Quote from: alf on 01-08-20, 04:36AM

"irrational hypochondriacs"

I've seen staff members in the back air propping themselves against cages gasping for breath

staff are struggling to breathe, feeling faint and dizzy, struggling to see, staff are losing their voices and getting sore throats, puffy, sore and irratated eyes,  people are also getting sores and skin problems around their nose and mouth area, they are suffering from headaches and dehydration, people are having panic attacks and hyperventilating,

Theodore

Jason Tarry's email on 15th July....

"....We actively track confirmed cases amongst colleagues, which thankfully across the UK are falling. Overall our total figures are far below the national average and we have no reason to believe that retail workers are more at risk than the general population."

Really? If we're not, then who is and why are we all being forced to wear masks this late in the game?

I wonder if those advocating wearing these things have really thought through the possible end game here.

Masks everywhere outside the home?

How many years will we be wearing them? Forever? Until we've all had a vaccine?

None of this makes any sense whatsoever.

miriam

I was told no cases in my store

I know that is not true

NightAndDay

The thing is though, there's a difference between what you believe and what is fact. This is quite a common problem unfortunately, humans give so much credence to subjectivity they forget objectivity supercedes it.  You say you don't believe face masks will stop or slow the spread of Covid, but it's fact that it will, no amount of belief or will power will change the facts.

You can toot democracys horn all you want, just because it is the best system we can utilise at the moment doesn't mean it's the best system and without its flaws, No, that awards goes to an automated autocracy, one completely objective, sentient, omniscient A.I decreeing how we all should live, unfortunately, omniscience isn't quite in our grasp yet, if it were, then our political thoughts would become obsolete. One of my issues with democracy is that it gives people who have no clue the same voting power as everyone else, it is far from a perfect system.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Staff not even attempting to social distance even on the shop floor when customers are about. Face coverings not covering nose and mouth. Chin guards becoming the new normal.

londoner83

Sadly until every colleague suffers a bereavement due to covid way too many will think they are immune from the virus......if you moan about a face mask, would you equally turn down a oxygen mask or a ventilator

notsofunny

Quote from: londoner83 on 02-08-20, 01:02PM
Sadly until every colleague suffers a bereavement due to covid way too many will think they are immune from the virus......if you moan about a face mask, would you equally turn down a oxygen mask or a ventilator

well said  :thumbup: :thumbup:

notsofunny

Quote from: notsofunny on 02-08-20, 10:16PM
Quote from: londoner83 on 02-08-20, 01:02PM

well said  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Does not say what  it was compared to last years school holidays , and at the same time does it mean that sales have fallen , or that people are no longer going to buy food ? or tht on line sales have gone up ,,,  I don't read to much into it

Panicworker

Day 5 without a mask been into store manager office for a chat they don't like it when you tell them you have health problems.
I think they are bullying staff to wear masks it to cut out the 2 meter rule .
Tesco doesn't follow the science just the money

dotnochance

If you have genuine health problems you’re exempt, if they continue to harass you! tell them you will rase a grievance for disability discrimination, and you will be informing head office as well. Tesco head office takes disability discrimination very seriously. Well I don’t know what’s wrong with you but if any of your health problems are classed as a disability then the above is valid, I have asthma and it’s classed as a disability, even though I wear a mask my manager has said I don’t need too

Nomad

" if any of your health problems are classed as a disability then the above is valid"

Not quiet true, it has to be a disability or health problem that wearing a mask would cause problems or distress.

A disability related solely to your legs does not excuse one from wearing a mask.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

londoner83

Yes I fully sympathise with the people who genuinely are unable to wear a mask, and I am sure every store and their manager is aware of these colleagues who probably have loads of info on their file from GPs, Hospitals etc  to back this up.

However in my branch there are a sizeable minority who won't wear a mask coz they don't like it, won't be told what to do etc who have never logged on their health declaration any underlying breathing illnesses, have never had time off due to sickness for underlyimg breathing issues, have never requested shift swaps to see a GP for breathing issues...  ...yet pull out a random asthma pump and say they are exempt.

Yes its not comfortable, yes a few years ago I laughed at tourist's in London wearing face coverings but you know what - if everyone that could, did actually wear a mask this virus would slow its spread and life might return to normal. I'd hate a vulnerable customer to come in shopping and leave with their goods, clubcard points and a death sentence having caught Covid from.a unmasked colleagues.

Bacons

Quote from: dotnochance on 03-08-20, 09:18AM
If you have genuine health problems you’re exempt,

Everyone is exempt by virtue of face masks not being mandatory.

lackofinterest

very true. it's a colleagues individual choice whether they wear a mask or not. no reason required!!

BUY TESLA STOCK

Everyone is exempt mask are not mandatory. No need to be a Sunflower.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk