Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

20-04-24, 04:07AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,370
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 479
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 467
Total: 468

Am I supposed to be off for 12 weeks? conflicting info :(

Started by Freebird123, 29-03-20, 03:09PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notsofunny

Welshie

Thanks notsofunny and Morris , great to know what's happening  .

notsofunny

Can someone tell me if they have been asked to go back from Sat the 1st ? or are they going back from the Monday the 3rd? Just asking since  from my friends that are off , 1 has been told its from the 1st and 2 from the 3rd , all 3 work on a Saturday

Welshie

One of my colleagues works a Sunday and are due  back on 2nd . It may depend on if OH has ask for extra safety measures to be put in place for the individuals concerned and how quickly they can assess that

Plantguy

Policy states that the revised approach is FROM the 2nd

miriam

My return date is 5th as this is first shift after 1st

I was told by OH that they would call me before my return
Manger in my store said i have to return does not matter about OH
OH have as of yet not contacted me and I've not recieved my letter with day of return
My store there is alot of hostility towards me
On my return grievance procedure will b put into place

Morris999

All shielding colleagues are to return from Sunday 2nd August for their next contracted shift.
from what I’ve gathered from the latest OH reports, all they are doing is confirming whether you are in group A,B or C, from there you will discuss with your manager any support you may need.
Tesco has given the stores a list of potential options for each group depending on what your role is.
I believe OH are not contacting colleagues directly after they have made the assessment, the colleagues are to access there OH report themselves through the portal they went through initially to see what group they fall in, they are not giving any recommendations for your return, just which group they believe you fall into.
Colleagues are still to return on their next contracted shift regardless of whether OH have returned the report unless they are in Wales or Pregnant then different dates apply.

Obviously your manager should contact you before your first shift.
Now if the colleague doesn’t feel ready to return then it’s either a sick call followed by fit mote(normally SYA process will follow) or unpaid/lifestyle or holidays.

All info regarding shielding colleagues is on help centre.

notsofunny

Thanks Morris and others ,

Since i had read it was till the 31st was thinking that return was the 1st then a friend had been told that it would be back to work on the 1st , and others its the 3rd ,

Its been confirmed to all 3 that it will be next shift after the 1st ,

They are all going back , they feel its been a long 4 months and need to get back to as normal a life as possible ,

Stay safe everyone

miriam

JustAMinion26

My wife is off shielding and has gone through OH the last she heard was on the 3rd of August that they are unable to put her into a category so they will call before the 14th to do a follow up questionnaire, that has now passed and neither her or the store has heard anything. they are expecting her to return to work but I’m not happy her going back until OH has made a decision 

Welshie

A few in our store were told return to work with adjustments.  Everyone assumed the adjustments would be specific to that person and decided by OH . That didnt happen it was just a meeting with a manager on their return with the manager asking what they thought they'd be safe doing .
Also can I add , that they all had to phone their manager about returning noone ever got in touch except for the letter to tell them to do the online OH questionnaire.  Most went back with just minor adjustments , one has taken a lifestyle break .

notsofunny

Stores got a e mail to advice managers that those staff that are extremely vulnerable are expext3d to be off again  from Thursday.  So for managers to plan ahead .. updates with details to come on Tuesday  ..

miriam

Started2008

Hopefully they act quicker than the government is on this one, being in limbo waiting to find out what’s happening is awful

dotnochance

just extremely vulnerable or all vulnerable? 

Morris999

Think there’s a business update tomorrow,
However I’m going to say any financial support will only be for those classed as CEV(Critical Extremely Vulnerable), not only that the Government should be sending letters out to the CEV’s from tomorrow with full guidance for them.
So I think it’ll be, no shielding letter no financial support from the company.
Which I personally believe it will be the same as what they did in July, company sick pay from day 1, topped up if colleagues have ran out.

That being said, speaking to a few CEV colleagues today, if Tesco doesn’t force them off work they will continue to attend for their shifts.
They do not want to go into lockdown again, regardless of the risk to themselves.

notsofunny

Quote from: dotnochance on 02-11-20, 05:18PM
just extremely vulnerable or all vulnerable?
Extremely Vulnerable only as per Gov guide lines

Quote from: Started2008 on 02-11-20, 05:12PM
Hopefully they act quicker than the government is on this one, being in limbo waiting to find out what’s happening is awful

Government has told those that this effects what to do , which is to work from home and if you cant then stay at home and you will get SSP or other  help if you need ,,, so your not in limbo as you said ,,  all you are waiting for is to find out if Tesco will pay you like they did before which I think was very Generous ,

Morris ,

The E amil said extremely vulnerable ,
been told that no one that is Extremely vulnerable will be allowed to come to work ,
But then we will just have to wait till the update in the morning ,

Morris999

@notsofunny, I’ve not seen the email, our SM has been uncharacteristically sheepish about the email, and has just said plan to lose the colleagues that had to shield in July and draw up a second plan for those that came back in July in case they too have to go off but to wait for the full brief tomorrow.

It will I suppose depend on what Tesco are classing as Extremely Vulnerable.
As the Government is only using the following definitions:
Clinically vulnerable  Or  Clinically Extremely Vulnerable
The second definition is for those which had the Shielding letter.

notsofunny

All those extremely valuable will be off from Thursday .  That's what they said .

Does this just apply to extremely vulnerable in England are all of uk? Like Tesco did before I’m in Scotland will I be told to be off again to

notsofunny

Each country in the union is going its own way . So this only goes for England .

But if the others go into lockdown then it's the same .also depends on the tier  system you have  . But yes this is only for England

Pmjd84

The new updated guidance is up on colleague help. The clinically extremely vulnerable and the higher tier clinically vulnerable colleagues are paid sick leave until 2nd December. This is for the whole of the UK not just England

Started2008

Quote from: Pmjd84 on 03-11-20, 01:33PM
The new updated guidance is up on colleague help. The clinically extremely vulnerable and the higher tier clinically vulnerable colleagues are paid sick leave until 2nd December. This is for the whole of the UK not just England

I can’t seem to find it would you be able to provide a link to it so I can show my manager?

dotnochance

its all clinically extremely vulnerable staff off, and category c staff (no idea who category c people are) oh and it looks like only the people who had occupational health are going off. when i came back i was offered OH but decided not too, guess i f***ed myself

Welshie

It's the people who were told by occupational health to sheild in July, not the people that were told to go back at the end of June . Not sure about pregnant colleagues as they shielded into August.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk