Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

26-04-24, 12:43PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: BB41
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,417
  • Total Topics: 639
  • Online today: 746
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 486
Total: 491

Am I supposed to be off for 12 weeks? conflicting info :(

Started by Freebird123, 29-03-20, 03:09PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notsofunny

Quote from: dotnochance on 14-06-20, 09:58AM
Quote from: notsofunny on 13-06-20, 06:38PM

The larger thing to think about is , Have you booked a test to if you have the Virus , and if you have it how you got it since you have only been back for 2 days , go get tested be safe ,,
I live in country side and no one close, in fact for 2 weeks before returning to work not seen anyone, so only place I’ve been is work or home

Did you not ay you had been back only 2 days ?  I am not sure but that would seem to be a bit fast in you getting the Virus from work , and still I say get tested ,

notsofunny

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 14-06-20, 03:25AM
I was responding to you and your post, though I guess if government advice or acas advice etc isn't something that you seem to be correct then feel free to follow your own way I guess.... Though plenty of information out there that will back it up.... But no worries.

You seem to take Government ADVICE  and make it into law , Like you said before you even talk about tweets yet cant show them , You take Things that say CAN and make it sound as if it means they HAVE to  , Your good at twisting words but not replying to something directly , Read back and see for your self that you never directly reply back to what is asked , and when you cant answer something you miss it out and change subjects ,
Like you said But no Worries ,,

Started2008

I’m currently in the extremely vulnerable category so I’ve been extended off work. While I’m incredibly grateful to be paied while all of this is going on, there’s only one thing that worry’s me, as part of my condition I have a low immune system, I’m worried that when I do return to work I’ll catch germs (understandable with not mixing with people for a long time) if I do need to be off I will have used all of my sick pay. I’m trying not to think about it at the moment it is something that I thought of when I found out how my pay was being coded

oldfashionedplayer

Yeah there doesn't seem to be anything in the packs or the recent updates that says what happens if you do go off sick after using your CSP, I'd assume they'd go by statutory sick pay? Though isn't much to begin with.. They could be generous and top it up from Ssp to basic pay of the difference? Though you may still have some holidays so that could factor in? Or you could request that you work some extra shifts when your back for it? Sickness policy does say with it that it's a possible option to make the time back up if your sick on a shift.. Done that previously but unfortunately no experience after using all csp.. Maybe try your union rep?

Started2008

Yeah was thinking of contacting the union. The ones in my store sadly are in the back pocket of the management so I’d need to go out of store to do so. The problem with working the time back is running yourself down again and the cycle repeats. Hopefully I’ll be fine but it’s always just a thought in the back of my mind.

Redshoes

The sick pay is limited, it is what it is. However, the company has said they will pay from day one and not three. They have also said when it runs out they will top up for all those shielding. The extremely vulnerable shielding people are not work. What has been worked out now it what is needed now. Going down the line for them coming down the line and coming back to work then going off with a normal sick has not fully been worked out yet but we are not at that stage yet. Raise this with the union, that is the right thing to do to ensure it is being looked into. I expect it is but that nobody wants to be the first person to have to experience this.

notsofunny

Quote from: Started2008 on 15-06-20, 02:14PM
I’m currently in the extremely vulnerable category so I’ve been extended off work. While I’m incredibly grateful to be paied while all of this is going on, there’s only one thing that worry’s me, as part of my condition I have a low immune system, I’m worried that when I do return to work I’ll catch germs (understandable with not mixing with people for a long time) if I do need to be off I will have used all of my sick pay. I’m trying not to think about it at the moment it is something that I thought of when I found out how my pay was being coded

Unfortunately from what I have been told and you have said , Those that are extremely vulnerable will be using up what Company sick pay they have from the 29th ,after which SSP Kicks in being toped up by the company  , which in turn means that if you go sick any time after you have come back to work , you will only be getting SSP which is about £95 a week and no top up , I would think that the company is thinking about how long this goes on , and how long they can go on paying full pay as they will already have paid you for over 4 months , remember even the SSP you get is paid by the company not the Government , so unless the company changes its stand this is how it will be sadly ,,

notsofunny

Seems all those that are Shielding have to be back to work from the 1st August if Tesco agree , which I would say they will , Yet some that I have spoken to would have liked to get back sooner , but at least it gives them time to get fit again  :)

oldfashionedplayer

They could of paid staff like other companies, through furlough, just better for them to make cuts in the long run, though it does say in the management documents for contacting vulnerable and extremely vulnerable and whatnot that it's topped up by tesco to your contractual wage? So I dunno with their wording, thought it meant the same...

Though govuk says "The Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme will repay employers the Statutory Sick Pay paid to current or former employees"

So they won't be charging tesco long

expressman77

Tesco have nos ay in it. Government say if your criticly extremely vulnerable you have to stay ay home shielding

sunshineman

I think while Tesco have been great about this situation, the Government need to do a lot of thinking. They are saying those who have been shiedling can go back to work from the beginning of August. However, these people have not left their property and now they are being asked to go back to work. They have to take into account that these people have been told you are at serious risk, but although now the risk has reduced, these people are very worried.

I know a few people who are worried about returning to work. A couple of them are thinking of going on the sick, while another one has said they would prefer to resign than put their life on the line. No one has thought about the mental health of these people, and how they have struggled all these months. Instead, the government are putting it on bosses toes to sort out, which is not really right.

miriam

Sunshineman
Exactly
Also not all shielding letters were sent the same time as I've said before my shielding ends 20th July not end of June
I've a respitary issue plus severe asthmatic
Put into shielding for protection. Manager is saying I'm not vulnerable
Guidelines have not changed
As of yesterday the government gave shielding people a mention of end of July maybe August
My Dr is treating me as a cronavirus patient that did not need hospital
I've had contact from a government official because of shielding. Their advice get a letter from Dr to get the date on shielding letter to be covered
I've contacted union they have said to have a sick note. Manager said I've no sick left
Manager seems is making up their own things as she went along

When will tesco get managers with common sense

Tesco is not my only job. I'm a domaciliary worker .

xtrouble

I got a letter this morning from the NHS. It says I can return to work from the 1st August, but only if my place of work is "covid-safe".

Does anyone know if Tesco's have this accreditation ?

Nomad

If you return to work look after your own safety, if customers or other staff are invading your space remove yourself (and a like minded colleague if possible) to a place of safety.

If you don't look out for yourself no one else will.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

sunshineman

Quote from: Nomad on 23-06-20, 11:33AM
If you return to work look after your own safety, if customers or other staff are invading your space remove yourself (and a like minded colleague if possible) to a place of safety.

If you don't look out for yourself no one else will.

My wife returns on 1st August and she is not worred, but I have spoken to other people who are returning to work and they are worried. They have said that Tesco have made it safe, but because they have not been in work, how do they know it is 100% covid safe. I think this has been a hard time for many, and those who are returning to work it will be emotional for them on the first day as they are returning to the unknown. But, after the first day I think they will feel better.

Tesco do get a lot of bad press by staff and rightly so. I could go on about there being too many managers and how some managers like to think they are in a magic act by disapearing, but when it has come to COVID-19, I think Tesco should be applauded.

Morris999

From what I’ve read on the gov website, it says as long as there is not a significant rise in COVID 19 cases then the shielding program will be paused on 31st of July, and those that are shielding will be able to return to work from 1st august if there place of work is COVID safe, and practice strict social distancing.
Now what COVID safe looks like is anyone’s guess at this time.
However no place will ever be able to be 100% COVID free until the virus is completely eradicated, and it will be something that we all will have to learn to live with.

sunshineman

My wife has just received her letter and to be honest I am really confused. She is looking forward to going to work and they are saying if the workplace is covid safe then she can return to work. Now nowhere can really be 100% covid safe, but supermarkets is one of the most used places available. So, how can a supermarket be covid safe.

I know understand why some people are talking about taking unpaid leave until they feel safe, and why some people are saying they are going to see about going on the sick, and others saying they are going to leave Tesco, Asda, and Sainsbury. It is not the supermarkets fault, lets just be clear on that. I think what is needed is, for the government to invest in paying for all those that have been shiedling to receive a phone call to put their minds at ease, and for the government to talk to those working in supermarkets and other high footfall places on the daily briefing and put their minds at ease.

People want to return to work, and they want to return to Tesco but they need to have their minds put at ease

Nomad

It does seem that in some stores customer and staff control are somewhat lacking.  Any people returning to work who were off because they were classed as seriously vulnerable should be supported by MM and other staff if they have the need to seek safer surroundings for a genuine reason, i.e. being crowded.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

notsofunny

I have just read the letter that came out this morning , and it seems very clear as to what to do , It explains what you was allowed to do from the 1st June and how you was to do it ,

It then tells you about the changes from the 6th July and who you are allowed to meet up with , which is on top of the other advice everyone else has got on social distancing , staying in each others homes and so on ,,

From the 1st August it explains what to do ,, which is the same as what they said for those that went back  to work on the 12/15th June ,

The stores are already Covid ,safe (according to Tesco ) so as such meet the rules ,

Going forward the same rules will apply for those shielding as they do for the rest , like the 2mt distancing ,or 1mt if they change it

It even tells you to talk to the company you work for to talk over your situation and plan things as well as a website to go on too look up about going back to work

as well as giving you contact details about people or services you could need ,

It makes sense that you have got 6 weeks to get used to going out and mixing with other after such a long time  with the end result that you will feel more comfortable returning to work ,

Remember things could change again if the Virus rate goes up again , but at the moment the Virus rate is lower than when we went into lock down or so I understand it ,

notsofunny

Quote from: Nomad on 23-06-20, 02:15PM
It does seem that in some stores customer and staff control are somewhat lacking.  Any people returning to work who were off because they were classed as seriously vulnerable should be supported by MM and other staff if they have the need to seek safer surroundings for a genuine reason, i.e. being crowded.
:thumbup: :thumbup:
I think you have made a very important point , those returning will need the support of Fellow staff member's foremost

expressman77

returning to work with support from fellow staff.....
There lies the problem,
with the amount of comments on social media and here about the shielding people either extremely or just vulnerable apparently having the life of riley
in the hot weather whilst others begrudgingly had to work risking their life etc etc
I can here the snide comments on first day from here

Welshie

I imagine it will depend on how much their colleagues know about their illnesses . Yes they have the right to privacy but I think the colleagues who refuse to say what made extremely vulnerable,  wont be given much support as people dont know what's wrong with them and wont understand how nervous they are of the affect covid-19 could have on that illness .

expressman77

im afraid your right .
Even them  knowing you must have something wrong to be allowed to be off wont be good enough with the
local "health experts" that everyone will be instore

Welshie

For my circumstances its slightly different,  my other half works in the same store and has a terminal diagnosis which colleagues all know about,  he can't wait to get back to work.  I think he misses the banter but I'm not keen and want him to take a lifestyle break.  But I honestly think that our openness about his condition meant that before I took a lifestyle break to protect him, people understood why I was cleaning everything in  pfs, and spraying antibacterial spray everywhere.  If I'd kept his diagnosis secret, they'd just have thought I was crazy.

miriam

Hiya Update on shielding.
In my store some vulnerable staff have been advised by Tesco managers in my store to return by 29th June as they are going by government guidelines.  I just don't know where to start, all the information given to me of my personal shielding was all wrong and made up.  I have since received a letter shielding me until 1st Aug.

After I return I will be putting in a grievance of bullying.  I live in a town with 3 Tesco, the one I work in is conducting shielding differently.

Just a rant.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk