Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 03:20PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 288
Total: 291

Making a phone call on the Reach using the saved contact?

Started by gomezz, 25-10-23, 07:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gomezz

Been struggling with doing this on the new Reaches for ages trying to phone dot com or the duty manager or to report a fault.  You tap on the contact and it comes up with the number with a phone symbol to the left and a text symbol to the right.  Tapping on the text symbol opens up a new text to complete and send to the number.  So far so good ...

... but tapping on the phone symbol (or swiping any which way) does nada, zilch!  Am I missing something?  Asked my management team yesterday and they are as puzzled as I am.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

johnven

They don't work basically. If you don't have a pen and paper go into the contact and edit. Hold the number and copy, then go to phone number entry and paste. It's s***, but as a tesco value sds what else would you expect.

gomezz

Yeh, copy and paste is the best I can do unless I can find a previous call in the history.  Just checking I was not missing anything.

johnven

No, missed nothing, lol.

I normally use my own phone, as later on can prove I did make the call about whatever I get accused not doing. Know that's not possible for everyone, but has helped in the past.

gomezz

Yes I do keep those numbers on my own phone too which is mainly useful when waiting for a call from the recovery guy on the Reach while calling Duty so tell them I am stranded and to expect unhappy calls from waiting customers.

AlexW

Quote from: gomezz on 25-10-23, 07:04PMBeen struggling with doing this on the new Reaches for ages trying to phone dot com or the duty manager or to report a fault.  You tap on the contact and it comes up with the number with a phone symbol to the left and a text symbol to the right.  Tapping on the text symbol opens up a new text to complete and send to the number.  So far so good ...

... but tapping on the phone symbol (or swiping any which way) does nada, zilch!  Am I missing something?  Asked my management team yesterday and they are as puzzled as I am.
Try tapping on the contact you want, on the contact screen tap the message button, once in the message screen tap the phone icon, that usually works for me. For some reason the phone symbol seems to work in the message screen but not on the contact screen.

gomezz

Never thought to try that workaround.  Thanks for the tip.

Nudge nudge nudge

We are being asked to do extras, but our new manager won't put them on the reach device so we can't do refunds or get a signature, I have delivered to customer who have cancelled the order? What do we do??

fatlad

Simples...if they are not put on the reach device then refuse to deliver them, nothing they can do or say

johnven

Quote from: Nudge nudge nudge on 08-11-23, 10:03AMWe are being asked to do extras, but our new manager won't put them on the reach device so we can't do refunds or get a signature, I have delivered to customer who have cancelled the order? What do we do??
Your training about loading vans is clear. Load with a load sheet. If extras not on it, don't load them.

breadbaconandbeans

you are not allowed to take out extras not allocated on the sds and the correct weight has to be on the paperwork in case you get taken to weighbridge.

Extras must ALWAYS be adding to the system and paperwork to prove the correct payload to police, vosa or in case of accident

Villager No.6

Re:load weights on manifests
Can anyone please point me to where I can find and print off anything about load weights having to be on the manifest?

We recently had an occasion where a van manifest printed out without any weights being shown on it. The driver refused to go out as he had no idea if he was overweight, many attempts were made to print a manifest with weights but it wasn't possible so he was told by a dotcom manager to go out anyway, he again refused. A higher manager and eventually the store manager both said that he had to go out and there was no rule that he had to have weights.
He still refused. A union rep was called down who contacted USDAW and they said he did need weights but couldn't provide a "hard" copy, just in a managers words "hearsay"
In the end customers were called and told that the van had broken down and were offered collection from store or refunds.

We've looked all over Our Tesco, googled and checked DVSA website but can't find anything that says a 3.5t delivery van must have weight of each order onboard and a total goods weight.

Any help very much appreciated.

Elly1519

Have you searched on Tesco Help? Not Colleague Help

https://www.ourtesco.com/help/articles/4407448413202?utm_campaign=user_journey&utm_medium=search_page&utm_source=tescoHelp
Quote from: gomezzConcern about the link above revealing user information to other users is misplaced.  It is showing the ourtesco login information saved locally by the browser on the user's device and is not seen by others

Villager No.6

Thank you, I've read through and can see it should've been possible for someone to have checked the van weight to at least show or print a page view for the driver to see the total weight he'd be carrying.
But is there an actual "law" that a driver hasto have weights on his manifest before leaving the yard? As this was the sticking point more than not knowing the weight (which I see now could've been known) I can't see that on the link you kindly provided.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk