Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-02-20, 05:04PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64528
  • Total Topics: 1147
  • Online Today: 193
  • Online Ever: 193
  • (Today at 04:47 PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Pay rise?  (Read 27630 times)

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
Re: Pay rise?
« Reply #125 on: 29-03-17, 09:16PM »
How would it scupper it?? Remember  Tesco have to show or give the impression that the company is "doing well", otherwise they scare off the investors.

It doesn't look good if all the supermarkets start to leave them trailing in the wages market.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Bartdude

« Reply #126 on: 30-03-17, 10:58AM »
Does location pay or market supplement count as part of your hourly rate? Combining these with an hourly rate would bring some people above the govt targets?

frase344

« Reply #127 on: 30-03-17, 08:41PM »
Surely with the minimum wage rising to £7.50 Tesco will have to raise their starter pay very soon.

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #128 on: 30-03-17, 08:56PM »
frase344 They don't "have to" do anything.

It's Tossco you are talking about they can get away alot for along time.

Then when they are eventually found out they have a switch of Cronies and a few Termites are burned.

Shoestring

« Reply #129 on: 02-04-17, 03:27PM »
There's also a lot of stores that don't get busy before 10am. Why open at 6 in the morning if customers ain't there?

With the rise of internet shopping and the need to cut costs the days of every store being open 6-midnight or 24hrs a day  will I feel end.

Long term what's stopping robots filling the shelfs; customers having to use scan as you shop or self serve; and driverless vans delivering your .com order. That way even the largest of stores could be run with just a handful of actual staff in them.

Robots, really, all that achieves is a very impersonal shopping experience (and it clearly matters with performance bonus and the need to hand out little cards begging for a wow response to colleague performance) and the little man in his little job is chucked off into the curb as usual so profits can continue to manifest the sense of gain and success in the fat cat.  >:D
Maybe all stores should close and home shopping the only option to maintain the profit margin above competitor oneupmanship and become an Amazon grocery retailer.
I refuse to use self serve because it steals the jobs of the little man who gives his all in exchange for uncertainty, over expectation of performance spurred on by the need for wow cards whom along with the replenishment teams would bring Tesco, and all retailers, to their knees without.  :P

I have watched for more than a decade Tesco become a tragedy for the sake of 'business' and a balance book.  8-)

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #130 on: 03-04-17, 03:14PM »
Does anyone know when the rise will be a how much this time?

claden

• Smart Arse
« Reply #131 on: 03-04-17, 03:39PM »
The Unions official line is 'still in negotiations '

blutopia

• Smart Arse
« Reply #132 on: 03-04-17, 03:43PM »
Surely with the minimum wage rising to £7.50 Tesco will have to raise their starter pay very soon.

The starter rate has just had to be raised to the new minimum wage rate.  They have won the race to the bottom.  The rest of us will probably 'catch down' (can't call it catch UP) next year.

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #133 on: 03-04-17, 05:03PM »
I wonder whether Hairnett will get his raise okay'd this year by the Executive Committee >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

And I also wonder whether the union will raise its subs again >:(
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

LucyJ

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #134 on: 03-04-17, 06:35PM »
I know we are on the subject of pay rise but does anyone have an inkling of us getting our bonus this year? There has been no talk of it as we usually get it in may. I asked a manager in my store and he said it's not looking good!  :(

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #135 on: 03-04-17, 06:38PM »
bonus is announced in couple of weeks time when the annual figures are released. You manager is speaking rubbish its looking very positive we will get it.

mardy

« Reply #136 on: 03-04-17, 06:43PM »
according to ourtesco.com

Question: How will this affect Group Profits and Colleague Bonuses for this year? A: The costs that Tesco will incur following the Deferred Prosecution Agreement will not impact colleague bonuses. This is because these costs will be treated as an exceptional charge, and so will not affect the overall profit measure which is used to set annual targets. As we are in a restricted period at the moment, we cannot share more details at the moment, but we will be able to give a full update on business performance and colleague bonuses as usual once our Full Year results are published on 12 April. Maxine (the OurTesco team)

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #137 on: 03-04-17, 07:47PM »
Bonus will be beetween 2.5% and 3%  if results are achieved.

horatiocain

• Know All
« Reply #138 on: 05-04-17, 07:08AM »
It's been a while since  I posted seeing as I moved, but noticed a claim Tesco aren't the lowest paid.

In the area in worked.
Tesco £8.69
Sainsbury's £8.71
ASDA £9.06
Ocado £9.24
Iceland £9.20
Morrison's £9.24

The lowest paid, add that to the fact that only Iceland still delivered to flats, and the claim of hardest worked was clear, no other supermarket requires as much of their drivers, and having to drag 600kg of goods up stairs and through a building in 6 minutes is a joke you'll notice the people who claim driving is easy have rarely done it.
I've worked on every position except tills, and it was by far the hardest, because Tesco make it hard by being stupid with it.

Given this and in this region were losing market share to competition and yet Tesco has shown no sign of improving pay I stand by what I said, the rest of the staff will soon see the same happen.
« Last Edit: 05-04-17, 07:17AM by horatiocain »

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #139 on: 07-04-17, 08:58PM »

The starter rate has just had to be raised to the new minimum wage rate.  They have won the race to the bottom.  The rest of us will probably 'catch down' (can't call it catch UP) next year.

If goverment stick to pledge and we will have £9 p/h in 2020 then there is no chance we will receive good pay in Tesco. Rising hourly rate to £8 p/h mean 5% pay rise for us. Its more likely we will get 2.5% so next year when minimum rate reach £8 pound we will receive another 2.5% ad Tesco will say that they are generous but the fact is that we will end up earning the national minimum sooner than later.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #140 on: 10-04-17, 09:14AM »
Does location pay or market supplement count as part of your hourly rate? Combining these with an hourly rate would bring some people above the govt targets?

No hourly rate is hourly rate, they cant include any supplements bonuses or anything else in it, that's against the law.

billandben

« Reply #141 on: 10-04-17, 10:15AM »
When we lost our double time Sunday they included location pay as part of our pay rise so 4 stores in my area got no money >:(
« Last Edit: 10-04-17, 10:18AM by billandben »

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #142 on: 10-04-17, 10:18AM »

No hourly rate is hourly rate, they cant include any supplements bonuses or anything else in it, that's against the law.

Location pay is part of there hourly rate. There contract and rate of pay include this.

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #143 on: 10-04-17, 10:46AM »
How come my hourly rate on my wage slip includes market supplement .

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #144 on: 10-04-17, 11:42AM »
From what I have read ,location pay ,like London weighting should not be included as part of your pay in relation to the NMW.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #145 on: 11-04-17, 05:11PM »

Location pay is part of there hourly rate. There contract and rate of pay include this.

Location pay is only paid when they cant get staff because of rubbish wages, It woudnt come into it because they will have to pay the minimum anyway and then more, If they paid 6 quid an hour and location pay on top to some then they would still get into trouble for not paying the minimum wage.

If they could use premiums and extra payments for the hourly wage there would be no need to get rid of nights because they are on more than 9 quid an hour already with theirs.