Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-07-18, 02:55AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 78437
  • Total Topics: 1636
  • Online Today: 89
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 59
Total: 62

Author Topic: Health & Safety  (Read 56818 times)

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
Re: Health & Safety
« Reply #275 on: 11-07-18, 07:14PM »
A question for DCs please.

Maintenance on bays - do all DCs have this contracted out.
If your dc has this contracted out who has responsibility within your dc to check the bays and report any problems to the contractor?
How often is this done if at all?

Not asking for the fun of it,  this relates to a serious accident and would like the info to pass on to solicitor/barrister.
Thanks x

As I understand it Maintenance staff have what they call a First Fix routine, when a fault is notified by the process mentioned by grim up north, the maintenance team at the given location receive the job attend the bay, if they are able to fix the fault they do and log the job as completed, if they are unable to fix the fault then the maintenance person who attended the job escalates the job for a contractor visit.

As I understand it ( and I have checked to be sure) bay servicing currently lies with a contractor who comes in at set times each year to inspect all bays on a given site and report back any additional works to be approved by maintenance management.
I have it on good authority that Bay Servicing/inspection is currently under review. Also there is an additional insurance inspection yearly with a sliding category of fault which could lead to the bay being closed for use. Minor issues having a timeframe to fix.
If any bay is out of its insurance inspection period it cannot in any capacity be used.
Also the notifying of faults is very reliant on the user reporting any faults between service/inspection intervals. Neither the maintenance staff or contractors can’t fix what they are unaware of.
Much the same as a motor vehicle, subject to MOT and Service intervals but essential maintenance as it occurs is reliant on the user identitying the fault to the appropriate people to get it fixed.

Sorry for the delay in response it took time to tease the info.
« Last Edit: 11-07-18, 07:26PM by Duracell »
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

The Mrs

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #276 on: 11-07-18, 09:03PM »
Thanks for the replies. Interesting that servicing and inspection is under review, I probably know why.

Do you know if there is a checklist for inspections? Just wondering what 'inspection' means, is it just a visual walk around or hands on in any way? Not all problems can be seen. Also, if the contractor comes in at set times in the year do you know how long between visits?

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #277 on: 11-07-18, 09:17PM »
I’ll tease some more info if I can.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

redcar renegade

• Know All
« Reply #278 on: 11-07-18, 09:55PM »
My understanding of tesco policy is if some is faulty report it and it gets fixed. At Middlesbrough D.C the amount of bays with faults is a joke you report them and nothing gets done same with the double becker bay lifts contracter been told just fix faults dont service them no money in pot

Blodwyn

« Reply #279 on: 13-07-18, 10:18AM »
Administrator Comment Post deleted. Sorry I see no connection of H&S to hair colouring.