Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
31-03-20, 01:40PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65827
  • Total Topics: 1158
  • Online Today: 164
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Self Isolation - Flexi Contracts  (Read 1387 times)

CeJay89

• VLH Supporter
Self Isolation - Flexi Contracts
« on: 25-03-20, 06:09PM »
If I were to follow government advice I should self isolate for 12 weeks as I'm in the vulnerable category being both asthmatic and diabetic, however I’m on a flexi contract, contracted for 15 hours a week, but most weeks I pick up any overtime I can and end up working 35-40 hours in total.

I got the email from Tesco last week stating the vulnerable colleagues aren’t required to attend work for the next 12 weeks and will be fully paid.  That’s wonderful if you’re contracted a decent amount of hours. For me, I just cannot survive on the pay of my core hours; I earn at least double that a month.  So I feel like I’m having to prioritise money over health at the moment.  At least when you take a weeks holiday you get paid an average.

Sorry for the rant, I know everyone is going through a hard time at the moment, I'm just so overwhelmed by the situation and the awful day I've had at work.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
Re: Self Isolation - Flexi Contracts
« Reply #1 on: 26-03-20, 12:31AM »
Have you ask how it is worked out for flexi -contracts , is it definitely just the 15hrs you'd be paid for ? Would you then be able to claim universal credit? Your health should come first

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #2 on: 26-03-20, 08:03AM »
Any pre-booked holidays remain, even if more than the two wks. If no holidays within these twelve wks two wks must must be part of this. As holiday is now paid an average of past 52 wks you will be paid normal holiday rates for these wks. Not sure about the rest, agree this needs clarification but health comes first.

CeJay89

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #3 on: 26-03-20, 02:30PM »
My manager clarified that only core hours will be paid for flexis