Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24-01-20, 05:10AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 63674
  • Total Topics: 1130
  • Online Today: 317
  • Online Ever: 968
  • (20-01-20, 08:15PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 25
Total: 27

Author Topic: Stock take  (Read 2524 times)

btblackbird

• VLH Supporter
Stock take
« on: 06-01-20, 06:47AM »
Hi all, was wondering if anyone knows how much notice management has to give staff to come in early when stock take is due. Some say 24 hrs and some say one week. Thanks in advance.

Mug

Re: Stock take
« Reply #1 on: 06-01-20, 07:40AM »
Depends what type of contact you're on. If you're a flexi and the hours are in your availability window, 24 hours notice is correct. Otherwise general courtesy should be there and the question should be asked but as a colleague you should really understand that changes will be needed at MST as all routines will change

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #2 on: 06-01-20, 08:33AM »
From what I recall, stock take was started from as early as 4am on occasions. If these hours are in your availability window, then you should still be asked with a decent amount of notice, especially as the hours are deemed unsociable and public transportation could be problematic.

You don't have to come in early if public transport is unavailable, it's not in your availability window or contracted hours. Changes are not needed by you, the stock take goes on until it's finished, which is around mid to late morning. I NEVER went in early for stocktake, and there was plenty of counts and recounts to do when I go there.

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #3 on: 06-01-20, 08:57AM »
If you are not on a flexi contract they can ask you but not compel you to start early. If you dont want to do it dont.

btblackbird

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #4 on: 06-01-20, 10:57AM »
Thanks all for your replies

Walker

• Know All
« Reply #5 on: 06-01-20, 11:07AM »
Even on a Flexi contract there should be a minimum of 1 week notice. The 24 hour notice is for unusual circumstances i.e. cover sickness. It's not for routine, predictable things like stock take.

genome

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #6 on: 06-01-20, 06:09PM »
If your Flexi and it's in your availability then 1 week. Otherwise voluntary to change.

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #7 on: 07-01-20, 03:51AM »
Even on a Flexi contract there should be a minimum of 1 week notice. The 24 hour notice is for unusual circumstances i.e. cover sickness. It's not for routine, predictable things like stock take.

Could it be that someone who was coming in early for stock take has gone sick.
If you are taking part in stock take you have to do the online training.
« Last Edit: 07-01-20, 03:52AM by Redshoes »