Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24-01-20, 05:24AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 63674
  • Total Topics: 1130
  • Online Today: 317
  • Online Ever: 968
  • (20-01-20, 08:15PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 20
Total: 23

Author Topic: Left Tesco today with immediate effect. Felt great.  (Read 6237 times)

Dougall

• Regular Pain
Re: Left Tesco today with immediate effect. Felt great.
« Reply #25 on: 06-12-19, 06:02PM »
They will find out through head office.  They will find out.

BounceyBall

« Reply #26 on: 06-12-19, 07:59PM »
I was told that it’s a possiblilty that I can get hired back as I have been working for Sainsbury and they only require a reference from Sainsbury that’s what the manager said

Dougall

• Regular Pain
« Reply #27 on: 06-12-19, 08:06PM »
How close is the store to your old one?

BounceyBall

« Reply #28 on: 06-12-19, 08:22PM »
Not that close like 12 miles off

Dougall

• Regular Pain
« Reply #29 on: 06-12-19, 08:27PM »
The only thing is - would you constantly want to be In fear of being caught out, not just now but maybe a few years down the line?

BounceyBall

« Reply #30 on: 06-12-19, 08:33PM »
So you reckon there’s a chance

Dougall

• Regular Pain
« Reply #31 on: 06-12-19, 09:14PM »
Yes

BounceyBall

« Reply #32 on: 06-12-19, 09:36PM »
I know I have to be in constant fear but I like working at Tesco and I’m so used to doing the routine that I fit in very well. I tried Sainsbury’s for 6 months and that not really my ideal place to work in the long term

helpme

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #33 on: 06-12-19, 09:50PM »
There you have it.  You've admitted you were slow and relatively new.  The manager "pulled you into the office" - therefore in my opinnion handled it just fine -you were not shouted at in the middle of the store it was done properly.  The fact that you just seem unable to take correction and a telling off says more about you than the manager and the fact that you've simply got a huff on and thrown your toys out of the pram is laughable.
Doesn't matter where he shouted at him. That's bad management!!

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #34 on: 07-12-19, 10:49AM »
Shouting, not only bad management but a sign of bullying and an unsuitable temperament for the job.  Also resorting to shouting means they have lost the plot and the moral high ground.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #35 on: 07-12-19, 12:03PM »
The only thing is - would you constantly want to be In fear of being caught out, not just now but maybe a few years down the line?

If rehired, and his previous reason for being sacked hasn't been put into question for at least 2 years from being rehired, it can't be used as a reason to dismiss him again due to length of time and that he has already been disciplined for said misconduct (legally in the first 2 years of employment, any employer can dismiss you without a reason with the exception being if it violates your statutory rights or the equalities act 2011.)

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #36 on: 07-12-19, 12:54PM »
So you reckon there’s a chance

We had a CA who went AWOL and was dismissed, but was next seen, within weeks. working in a one stop in the next town.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #37 on: 08-12-19, 04:20PM »

If rehired, and his previous reason for being sacked hasn't been put into question for at least 2 years from being rehired, it can't be used as a reason to dismiss him again due to length of time and that he has already been disciplined for said misconduct (legally in the first 2 years of employment, any employer can dismiss you without a reason with the exception being if it violates your statutory rights or the equalities act 2011.)

After 2 years  :)

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #38 on: 08-12-19, 08:16PM »
No manager has ever been sacked as a result of a grievance, it's one rule for them, another for the ca's.

I know at least 1, do you want me to name him he worked in abbeydale sheffield on nights.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #39 on: 08-12-19, 08:35PM »
No manager has ever been sacked as a result of a grievance, it's one rule for them, another for the ca's.

I know at least 1, do you want me to name him he worked in abbeydale sheffield on nights.
An exaggeration it may be, but it's still certainly fact-worthy that managers are more resistant to being appropriately disciplined. Not just at Tesco, but retail in general, in fact a significant proportion of constructive/unfair dismissal cases (which are much more heavily prevalent in retail than any other industry) is because of inappropriate levels of disciplinary metered out for P45 worthy misconduct to managers.

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #40 on: 08-12-19, 10:27PM »

I remember the store manager from there getting "moved on" a good few years ago on account of , how can I put it? , "Massaging" the fridge breakdown stock loss figures...

Last heard of working for a large high street chemist.

He was a really nice bloke too.  Lent me his mercedes company car once for a fortnight whilst he was on hols. Top top bloke.
« Last Edit: 09-12-19, 10:19AM by Nomad »

Preacherpauly

• Regular Pain
« Reply #41 on: 09-12-19, 01:42PM »
I know I have to be in constant fear but I like working at Tesco and I’m so used to doing the routine that I fit in very well. I tried Sainsbury’s for 6 months and that not really my ideal place to work in the long term

Whats the difference?

BounceyBall

« Reply #42 on: 09-12-19, 03:43PM »
With Sainsbury’s they want you to work every literally working like dogs I would rather much have my own section to work on as I can be more productive instead of having to be there pets