Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
08-12-19, 06:42PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62787
  • Total Topics: 1104
  • Online Today: 160
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 120
Total: 127

Author Topic: Left Tesco today with immediate effect. Felt great.  (Read 3812 times)

SuperDuperZoe

• VLH Supporter
So yeah, about three weeks ago I transferred store and changed from stock control to filling dry grocery. Manager today had a rant at me about stacking shelves  too slowly as he had been watching me the entire time, about two hours. He proceeds to constantly check on me, and at one point yells at me for ‘not facing up as I go along instead of doing it at the end. Thought f*** you and decided I’m not going in after this. Leaving before a nice busy shift right before an audit as well. Suck it. Have fun making up for my absence.

takethemoneyandrun

• VLH Supporter
Re: Left Tesco today with immediate effect. Felt great.
« Reply #1 on: 04-12-19, 01:15PM »
I'd of gone off stress bought on by a bullying manager got paid over xmas then left...🖕may aswell get paid over xmas..what a w****r

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #2 on: 04-12-19, 04:47PM »
So yeah, about three weeks ago I transferred store and changed from stock control to filling dry grocery. Manager today had a rant at me about stacking shelves  too slowly as he had been watching me the entire time, about two hours. He proceeds to constantly check on me, and at one point yells at me for ‘not facing up as I go along instead of doing it at the end. Thought f*** you and decided I’m not going in after this. Leaving before a nice busy shift right before an audit as well. Suck it. Have fun making up for my absence.
you do right. now the pr**k can do it instead of standing there watching you do it :D :D :D

jack_cohens_shame

« Reply #3 on: 04-12-19, 04:54PM »
Your only mistake was simply thinking 'f*** you' instead of actually saying it as you were leaving anyway.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #4 on: 04-12-19, 06:24PM »
You should have gone even slower and put in a grievence for bullying, That would have stressed the manager loads.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #5 on: 04-12-19, 07:28PM »
No manager has ever been sacked as a result of a grievance, it's one rule for them, another for the ca's.

Teddybonkers

• Regular Pain
« Reply #6 on: 04-12-19, 07:31PM »
Do yourself a favour and go sick. Stretch it out till after xmas and escape the worst of it.  Take a career break in the New Year and weigh up you're options.

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #7 on: 05-12-19, 01:38AM »
Are we just assuming the op is correct? Maybe the manager was right before all teh village people get their pitch forks out. We only have one side of the story.

taliahad

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #8 on: 05-12-19, 06:51AM »
Madness, a good manager doesn't yell at people, not ever.  Only bad managers and bullys resort to yelling.

SameOld

« Reply #9 on: 05-12-19, 09:30AM »
.......ok so perhaps the manager could have dealt with the situation better, but only a complete idiot would just walk out of a paying job 3 weeks before Christmas, because heaven forbid someone suggested he/she could move faster and do better!

SuperDuperZoe

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #10 on: 05-12-19, 10:14AM »
I actually agree I was quite slow for what it’s worth, I have poor hand eye coordination which probably doesn’t help and I was still pretty new to it. To be honest I don’t think I was cut out for the job which is like something I can admit. But how the manager handled it by yelling at me, pulling me into his office and saying ‘watching you stack shelves is like  watching paint dry’ and constantly coming over to check how fast I was going and micromanaging which made me feel pretty belittled is like.. no, there’s a way of doing things. No professionalism at all. I knew it would only get worse from there as well. May as well cut my losses.

SameOld

« Reply #11 on: 05-12-19, 10:44AM »
There you have it.  You've admitted you were slow and relatively new.  The manager "pulled you into the office" - therefore in my opinnion handled it just fine -you were not shouted at in the middle of the store it was done properly.  The fact that you just seem unable to take correction and a telling off says more about you than the manager and the fact that you've simply got a huff on and thrown your toys out of the pram is laughable.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #12 on: 05-12-19, 11:01AM »
Nope, the manager is in the wrong, being yelled out comes under violation of dignity at work which will result in high staff turnover rates, increased training and recruitment costs, lower staff morale and lower productivity.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #13 on: 05-12-19, 11:26AM »
I would still put a grievence in and go off with stress.

SuperDuperZoe

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #14 on: 05-12-19, 11:38AM »
Actually @SameOld he yelled at me after pulling me into the office, in the middle of the store.

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #15 on: 05-12-19, 12:06PM »
Some nice honesty from the op there. As others haave said manager should not shout and also if they were decent would know that new people need alot of support , constructive feedback and time to learn where things are in an aisle.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #16 on: 05-12-19, 03:36PM »
.......ok so perhaps the manager could have dealt with the situation better, but only a complete idiot would just walk out of a paying job 3 weeks before Christmas, because heaven forbid someone suggested he/she could move faster and do better!
certain people have morals. rather be short of cash for awhile than put up with dicks who think they're so important!!

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #17 on: 05-12-19, 04:26PM »
No manager has ever been sacked as a result of a grievance, it's one rule for them, another for the ca's.
yes some been sacked but they it has to involve sth like sexual harrasement ;D

Long gone

« Reply #18 on: 05-12-19, 04:37PM »
There you have it.  You've admitted you were slow and relatively new.  The manager "pulled you into the office" - therefore in my opinnion handled it just fine -you were not shouted at in the middle of the store it was done properly.  The fact that you just seem unable to take correction and a telling off says more about you than the manager and the fact that you've simply got a huff on and thrown your toys out of the pram is laughable.

Your comment on the matter is “laughable”
If someone is relatively new, then explain to me how they are supposed to do their jobs faster and better? It’s not something you just go into and do better instantly, it’s like any job you have to learn the basics and then you find your own rhythm. When I started at Tesco I was ridiculously slow, didn’t have a clue what I was doing and it took me a while to find my own routines and my own way of doing things to get more confident. I had a manager who came up to me every few hours to see how I was getting on and asked if I was ok, not to tell me I was going too slow. When I got good at my job I walked in, got told what to do and was left alone all day because I got the jobs done. Managers these days have not got a clue , you can guarantee the manager in question probably wouldn’t be able to work any cage in the time slots he seems “acceptable” and it’s pathetic that he has enough time to watch anyone for that length of time. Now understandably there are idiots in the company who toss it off and do 0 work while hard working GA’s take the brunt of it, then the ones doing 0 work get promoted for it. Sorry to say this but 99.9% of managers  at Tesco are utter garbage and that’s why the company is a laughing stock to those who have left like me and can see it for the shambles it is

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #19 on: 05-12-19, 06:29PM »
Both of you are quite far from reality.  Although entitled to your opinion obviously.

Dougall

• Regular Pain
« Reply #20 on: 05-12-19, 07:16PM »

That is your opinion... you always act like the oracle on here - it’s your opinion just like anyone else of us on here ...

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #21 on: 05-12-19, 07:48PM »
An exaggeration it may be, but it's still certainly fact-worthy that managers are more resistant to being appropriately disciplined. Not just at Tesco, but retail in general, in fact a significant proportion of constructive/unfair dismissal cases (which are much more heavily prevalent in retail than any other industry) is because of inappropriate levels of disciplinary metered out for P45 worthy misconduct to managers.

« Last Edit: 05-12-19, 07:49PM by NightAndDay »

BounceyBall

« Reply #22 on: 06-12-19, 05:49PM »
I just wanted to ask I got dismissed 7 months ago for misconduct for leaving a till unattened. I was just wondering will I be able to apply for another store with Tesco. I would also like to ask the dismissal, will the be on my record where my future employer can see
Thanks

Dougall

• Regular Pain
« Reply #23 on: 06-12-19, 05:57PM »
Unfortunately you won’t, and as for the record part just don’t declare it?

BounceyBall

« Reply #24 on: 06-12-19, 06:01PM »
I went for an interview at a Tesco store. Is there a possibility that i could get hired or will they find out through head office