Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12-12-19, 09:02AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62857
  • Total Topics: 1104
  • Online Today: 124
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Leavers payslip and total screw up  (Read 3393 times)

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
Leavers payslip and total screw up
« on: 14-11-19, 06:53PM »
https://imgur.com/a/hv6vaOP. Friend of mine quit and received his payslip today.  Does anyone understand it? Guy worked full month (3 shifts per week plus some OT, last shift 7th Nov ) but lost almost entire pay. Where is he supposed to go now to rectify it?
Thx

madness

• Smart Arse
Re: Leavers payslip and total screw up
« Reply #1 on: 14-11-19, 07:03PM »
They have taken more holidays than they have earned. So the money comes off the CR is the hols being paid back.

Katarn2000

« Reply #2 on: 14-11-19, 07:18PM »
They have taken more holidays than they have earned. So the money comes off the CR is the hols being paid back.
This

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #3 on: 14-11-19, 07:35PM »
I know.  But isn't it meant to be full 4 weekly pay plus two days of OT.  I see minus hours and deduction due to too many holidays used.

My own estimates show that he should  receive pay for 5 days,  over £400. Net pay is £250.
It would mean 2 days short.  So  who to contact it that case?

Thailand

« Reply #4 on: 14-11-19, 07:54PM »
No its right from what I can see, only overtime is paid a week later contract is up to date, therefore he would not have been paid after his shift on 7th November which is a week.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #5 on: 14-11-19, 09:26PM »
Thx.

Long gone

« Reply #6 on: 14-11-19, 10:33PM »
https://imgur.com/a/hv6vaOP. Friend of mine quit and received his payslip today.  Does anyone understand it? Guy worked full month (3 shifts per week plus some OT, last shift 7th Nov ) but lost almost entire pay. Where is he supposed to go now to rectify it?
Thx

Tell your friend he’s done the right thing and encourage everyone to follow suit. We need this company to fall !

randomworker

« Reply #7 on: 15-11-19, 12:41AM »
What a sad individual

captain

• Smart Arse
« Reply #8 on: 15-11-19, 11:18AM »
Very sad indeed, for all its failings Tesco keep 1,000s of people in a job

Long gone

« Reply #9 on: 15-11-19, 11:38AM »
It’s not sad, the people of Tesco deserve better than the treatment they are getting and the company is run by fools on more money than sense. We have store managers getting a higher salary than the PM ......it’s a joke

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #10 on: 15-11-19, 01:31PM »
Every company at Store manager level or span of control of 150+ would have a boss being paid more than the prime minister

randomworker

« Reply #11 on: 15-11-19, 02:33PM »
It’s not sad, the people of Tesco deserve better than the treatment they are getting and the company is run by fools on more money than sense. We have store managers getting a higher salary than the PM ......it’s a joke

Your comments are so ignorant.

Tesco are a private company and have to work within the laws of the land*. They have a right to run their business as they see fit like all other business and like all other business are subject to free market forces.** That makes them make decisions that do not please everyone.

Companies will either survive or go out of business. For you to wish a company that employs around 300,000 people to go out of business based on your own narrow minded view is selfish and lacks any empathy for the people who decide to work for Tesco.

*before anyone decides to pick out examples of Tesco not following the law of the land please remind me what big organisation or town for that mater of fact that does not have some people who break the law.
** Free market as set by parliament and laws of the country.

The hooch

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #12 on: 16-11-19, 10:01AM »
Thx

Tell your friend he’s done the right thing and encourage everyone to follow suit. We need this company to fall !
Leavers get paid on a Tuesday. Not sure how soon after they have left but I know last pay is not on a normal payday. Should Include any holiday pay earned i think

• Regular Pain
« Reply #13 on: 16-11-19, 10:59AM »
Thx
Leavers get paid on a Tuesday. Not sure how soon after they have left but I know last pay is not on a normal payday. Should Include any holiday pay earned i think

Sorry but you are incorrect. Leavers get paid on pay day now. The Tuesday payment ended at least a couple of years ago.

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #14 on: 16-11-19, 10:33PM »
I know.  But isn't it meant to be full 4 weekly pay plus two days of OT. 

He is only due 3 weeks of pay, as the last shift was 7 Nov with nothing worked between then and payday.
Was 7 Nov overtime?

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #15 on: 17-11-19, 07:51PM »
7th is normal shift.  OT shifts been done at the end of October. Contacted shift's are Thu,Sat,Su.

He worked 4 weeks (12 contracted shifts plus two OT shifts). He need to pay back 7 days. That leaves 7 days of  pay. All should be fully untaxed.  Even if pay cut day for contracted shift's would be Sunday then he in worst case scenario should receive pay for 5 shifts. Basic pay, night and sunday premium should give him ovee £400 but entire pay was over £200.

On top of that. Why there is minus 8.5h on minus?
Looking at basic pay sth is wrong. 90 hours*9 give £810 but its only half.
Entire payslip is unreadable with figures out of space.
« Last Edit: 17-11-19, 07:57PM by lordadmiral »

BlueBoo

« Reply #16 on: 17-11-19, 11:20PM »
Thx

it'll take a bit more than your ignorant malice to bring tesco down i'm sorry to have to tell you.

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #17 on: 19-11-19, 11:21AM »

You don't seem to understand the financial opportunities for prime ministers.  Please stop making this argument.  You look silly.  Especially putting it on a thread where tesco have done nothing wrong.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #18 on: 19-11-19, 12:05PM »
If he finished on 7th November he did not work a full 4 weeks , basic pay is up to and including pay weekend , only overtime stops the Thursday of the week before  . I am however baffled at how he was allowed to take a lot more holidays than he was entitled to .

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #19 on: 19-11-19, 02:34PM »
Welshie you can be ahead or behind on your holidays. So if you get halfway through the holiday year an havn't taken any holidays then leave the company your final pay will have the additional holidays owed added on.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #20 on: 20-11-19, 01:58AM »
Madness , do they adjust your entitlement on payslip then when it's your final pay ??

• Regular Pain
« Reply #21 on: 20-11-19, 05:14AM »
Welshie.

Yes they do recalculate your entitlement. The figures on your pay slip 'assume' that you are going to work for the company for the entire holiday year, 01 April - 31 March.

randomworker

« Reply #22 on: 20-11-19, 11:00AM »
Madness , do they adjust your entitlement on payslip then when it's your final pay ??

Not madness at all. This practice was done in a previous retail company that I worked at for 14 years and a electronics company for 10 years prior.

Global Moderator Comment You did look at who Welshie was replying to.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #23 on: 20-11-19, 11:14PM »

Not madness at all. This practice was done in a previous retail company that I worked at for 14 years and a electronics company for 10 years prior.

You did look at who Welshie was replying to.

😂😂😂😂 this has made me laugh way more than it should have !!