Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
08-12-19, 06:44PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62787
  • Total Topics: 1104
  • Online Today: 160
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 127
Total: 133

Author Topic: Christmas Vouchers  (Read 16132 times)

bugsbunny

• Regular Pain
Re: Christmas Vouchers
« Reply #50 on: 27-11-19, 06:31AM »
Yes nomad you are right. I appreciate  what people are saying it is free money, I think the bad feeling is because in previous years we have always got the £1 but this year they have changed it do we only get 90p.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #51 on: 27-11-19, 10:08AM »
@ penquin it doesn't matter which way round you do it 5.00 and you pay 3.60
:question:

(A) 5 -1 = 4 - 10% = 3.60
(B) - 10% = 4.50 - 1 = 3.50

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Blackcat3

« Reply #52 on: 27-11-19, 04:41PM »
If you do discount first and then do voucher it takes your discount off and then reduces it after the voucher and puts discount back on at lower amount

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #53 on: 27-11-19, 05:01PM »
WTF.  Anybody explain how (A) & (B) both end up as £3.60 ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Blackcat3

« Reply #54 on: 27-11-19, 07:23PM »
B would normally be less but when I used mine it took the discount off 50p then I scanned the coupon it then cancelled the discount of 50p then re applied it at 40p making it 360p to pay the same as A such a lot of messing for the sake of 10p!!

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #55 on: 27-11-19, 07:44PM »
Should concentrate on getting shelves filled..... but that’s not a priority is it.No let’s just p**s staff about some more.f****ng hopeless shower of shite.

Long gone

« Reply #56 on: 27-11-19, 09:54PM »
Should concentrate on getting shelves filled..... but that’s not a priority is it.No let’s just p**s staff about some more.f****ng hopeless shower of shite.

Shelves will be sold to make money as the company will be going into liquidation in 5 years

Duracell

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #57 on: 27-11-19, 10:44PM »
@ penquin it doesn't matter which way round you do it 5.00 and you pay 3.60
:question:

(A) 5 -1 = 4 - 10% = 3.60
(B) - 10% = 4.50 - 1 = 3.50

Technically it should be A, Because if the discount is applied first as in B your spend is not £5 so the voucher £1 per £5 spend is not valid at all is it ?
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #58 on: 28-11-19, 07:32AM »
I dunno, all the admin, printing, paper and input onto the systems, to deal with the vouchers is the usual Tesco way of making everything more difficult and costly than it needs to be.  :-X

Do away with them completely, it's only a ruse to get staff buying instore.

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #59 on: 28-11-19, 10:55AM »
That's the truth ..... totally agree get rid of them.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #60 on: 28-11-19, 12:40PM »
The "just 10p" remark reminds of the fact that almost all of us if buying an item costing £1.80 with a £2 coin we would strongly complain if we were only given 10p change  >:(
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #61 on: 28-11-19, 06:31PM »
That's the truth ..... totally agree get rid of them.

Throw yours away then no one cares I quite like mine even if it is just 90p and not the full quid.

Ungrateful gits the lot of you.

grim up north

• Know All
« Reply #62 on: 30-11-19, 07:10PM »
Has how the vouchers are processed been changed now and we get the full quid?

whatajoke2019

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #63 on: 30-11-19, 09:53PM »
Could kick myself; got the Now TV stick the other week as a Christmas present... and now it's down to £15 effectively making it free  ???

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #64 on: 01-12-19, 10:06AM »
It's on wk 41 team 5. For those who say they never see a team 5 it's also out online site.

jack24

« Reply #65 on: 01-12-19, 06:28PM »
I do have a question
when using these vouchers for the shopping i was told i could use one voucher per transaction
but i am sure this isn't the case as last year i was able to use all my vouchers in one transaction.

A: shopping is £80 use all vouchers = £60.

b: shopping is £80 get a £1 off for anything over £5 per transaction, so i technically i would only be able to use  16 vouchers
this would mean doing 16 transactions with £5 products and over. this would equal £64

so which would it be ?

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #66 on: 01-12-19, 08:58PM »
The till should in theory stop you using too many vouchers ie £50 spend should only use 9 vouchers after staff discount applied. Seen multiple examples of tills refusing additional coupons but seems pot luck as to when the stop applies.

Still dont get why company doesn't just hand out Tesco gift cards, or add a sum to everyone's pay. When you consider the cost of printing, handing out & then processing vouchers on tills it seems inefficient.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #67 on: 02-12-19, 08:47AM »
Years ago, as a school Saturday worker in ASDA, everyone was given a free frozen turkey voucher with your name on it, there was a couple of alternatives, for those who chose not to have the turkey. The voucher was a set amount, pre printed, and your name and employee number entered manually. The cash office staff collated the presented vouchers, and sent them off for reimbursement. They even knew who hadn't used their voucher, and chased them up to remind them.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #68 on: 02-12-19, 11:46AM »

Still dont get why company doesn't just hand out Tesco gift cards, or add a sum to everyone's pay. When you consider the cost of printing, handing out & then processing vouchers on tills it seems inefficient.

I asked this a while ago and was told if we got cash or gift card it would be taxable, and vouchers are not, out of interest have Tesco ever paid a Christmas bonus in cash as it’s always been vouchers when I’ve worked here.
« Last Edit: 02-12-19, 11:51AM by penguin »
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #69 on: 02-12-19, 03:18PM »
And on top of that. If vouchers are taxable then company is responsible for NIC/tax which in fact has effect on employer costs.  And with tesco we would see scale effect, so printing such vouchers is cheaper than for example cash bonus.

The vouchers we are receiving are 'low cost' and are forcing us to shop at tesco to buy specific items.
And here is funny thing. Out of all Xmas coupons there is only one item I would buy, cream, single or double. Which means that I need to spend £100 to use £1 off coupons. But what to buy at tesco?

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #70 on: 02-12-19, 05:20PM »

I asked this a while ago and was told if we got cash or gift card it would be taxable, and vouchers are not, out of interest have Tesco ever paid a Christmas bonus in cash as it’s always been vouchers when I’ve worked here.
cash 8-) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Siwel123

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #71 on: 02-12-19, 11:23PM »
I believe tesco would have to pay tax and national insurance if they gave us a giftcard as it would be classed as cash or a cash gift and therefore it's simpler just giving us vouchers

Duracell

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #72 on: 03-12-19, 07:53PM »
And on top of that. If vouchers are taxable then company is responsible for NIC/tax which in fact has effect on employer costs.  And with tesco we would see scale effect, so printing such vouchers is cheaper than for example cash bonus.

The vouchers we are receiving are 'low cost' and are forcing us to shop at tesco to buy specific items.
And here is funny thing. Out of all Xmas coupons there is only one item I would buy, cream, single or double. Which means that I need to spend £100 to use £1 off coupons. But what to buy at tesco?

Such costs would be classed as operational costs and reinvestment in the business, so un taxable, it does however bring the Gross and Net profit down hard to say what the motives are, the company have gone over to all colleague bonus being taxable, which generates more for the tax man yet 25 years service award is a gift card so I would suggest that the number of eligible staff drives the company's mentality on the type of award.

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

vonnie22

« Reply #73 on: 04-12-19, 08:48AM »
I FEEL THE WHOLE VOUCHER THING IS DISGUSTING THE MAIN THING IS THAT WE WERE NOT TOLD WHEN WE RECEIVED THE BOOKLET FROM OUR MANAGEMENT. THEY TRYING TO KEEP IT SECRET IF YOU GO ON OUR TESCO.COM STATES A CHANGE TO HOW TO USE COUPONS ETC BUT STILL DEDUCTING 10P SO WE ONLY GETTING 90 PENCE . TUCKING US UP AGAIN NOT REWARDING. ALL SHOP AT ALDI .LIKE I DO WILL BE GIVING MY VOUCHERS TO CHARITY.

Administrator Comment Welcome to VLH. Please turn off Caps Lock when posting, upper case on forums is considered to be shouting and rude. Nomad

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #74 on: 04-12-19, 11:12AM »
Go to Aldi even with the staff discount and vouchers Tesco offer the German's are still cheaper. Morrisons are good on price too. :)