Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12-12-19, 08:41AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62855
  • Total Topics: 1104
  • Online Today: 124
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 73
Total: 77

Author Topic: Christmas Vouchers  (Read 17557 times)

cosmosmallpiece

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
Christmas Vouchers
« on: 13-11-19, 09:32AM »
Any news on if we are going to get our Christmas vouchers this year or are they replacing it with 20% off ?

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
Re: Christmas Vouchers
« Reply #1 on: 13-11-19, 10:04AM »
Probably same as the Christmas dinner nothing .

Charlie Harper

« Reply #2 on: 13-11-19, 10:59AM »
Christmas vouchers/booklets should be issued from this Friday (payday).

cosmosmallpiece

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #3 on: 13-11-19, 12:38PM »
Thank you

RegularMoe

« Reply #4 on: 13-11-19, 01:41PM »
Had mine yesterday so likelyhood is they are already at your store waiting to be given out.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #5 on: 13-11-19, 04:10PM »
anything going for free?;), or is it the usual "give us your hard earned money back and we'll give you a pittance in return? no thanks i'm off to aldi, stick your vouchers where the sun never shines (-*-)

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #6 on: 13-11-19, 05:57PM »
will the be a 20% discount weekend again?

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #7 on: 13-11-19, 07:01PM »
anything going for free?;), or is it the usual "give us your hard earned money back and we'll give you a pittance in return? no thanks i'm off to aldi, stick your vouchers where the sun never shines (-*-)

Freebies  ;D Remember the days when you got free items and you would use one booklet every shift.  ;)

barafear

• Regular Pain
« Reply #8 on: 13-11-19, 07:19PM »
If we were getting double discount this weekend, it would normally be on Ourtesco by now - so it seems less likely (unless the announcement is just being held back) - this would mean, in theory, that as we are still due one more 20% that it would need to be on Dec payday - I remember they did do one last December- almost sounded like desperation to boost their Christmas sales. I guess it doesn't make a huge difference to us as staff - but you'd think Tesco should be so busy in December anyway that they wouldn't need to encourage sales.

Gymbunny

« Reply #9 on: 14-11-19, 11:50AM »
Got mine yesterday.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #10 on: 14-11-19, 03:06PM »

Freebies  ;D Remember the days when you got free items and you would use one booklet every shift.  ;)

Yes the first ones did have free product vouchers, or good offers...my best ones were £140 off a Dyson and a huge fresh football promo pizza that was on offer for half price, with the voucher meant you got it free!

Then they dwindled to money off vouchers for foodies, that only head office heirachy would eat, or could afford. The odd one of interest was never stocked in your store  :thumbdown:

Wonder what they are going to substitute the free staff Christmas lunch with this year?? They wouldn't just do away with it would they  ???They wouldn't think to drop a traditional staff benefit surely  :-X
« Last Edit: 14-11-19, 03:09PM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #11 on: 14-11-19, 03:29PM »
Probably get a manky turkey sandwich.

jester21

« Reply #12 on: 14-11-19, 03:34PM »
You mite get a lovely Pigs in blanket sandwich deal yum yum lol

M2EGM124

« Reply #13 on: 14-11-19, 03:51PM »
I got mine yesterday. They are valid from tomorrow so I imagine they will be given out to you soon.

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #14 on: 15-11-19, 10:56AM »
Christmas lunch has already been briefed in our store, it's a buffet but it's more per head than it has ever been for a meal or buffet. We are getting to vote for what we want to do but at the moment the hot chicken counter plus buffet option is winning. Second is takeaway, not enough for a full meal each but for hot options to go with buffet.

Nattienat

« Reply #15 on: 16-11-19, 02:50PM »
Had my xmas booklet today , 20% next pay weekend.  That's December.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #16 on: 17-11-19, 08:57AM »
Christmas lunch has already been briefed in our store, it's a buffet but it's more per head than it has ever been for a meal or buffet. We are getting to vote for what we want to do but at the moment the hot chicken counter plus buffet option is winning. Second is takeaway, not enough for a full meal each but for hot options to go with buffet.

Isn't Christmas lunch traditionally held on a Tuesday? The hot chicken counters aren't open then, or gone completely in some stores. How's the takeaway going to work, someone picking up the delivered order at CSD and shouting out..."who ordered the buffalo wings" etc...
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

The hooch

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #17 on: 18-11-19, 01:06AM »
No Christmas voucher book for nights as yet in my store. Days have got them..but nights will probably get them when they are out of date.

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #18 on: 18-11-19, 11:11AM »

Isn't Christmas lunch traditionally held on a Tuesday? The hot chicken counters aren't open then, or gone completely in some stores. How's the takeaway going to work, someone picking up the delivered order at CSD and shouting out..."who ordered the buffalo wings" etc...

It's open on Tuesday's in my store and we have our lunch Wednesday or Thursday alternate years. It's up to the store to pick a day and how they deliver this. Brief is for buffet do if they are ordered outside of work someone picks them up or are delivered and then go into a buffet, not individual orders.
« Last Edit: 18-11-19, 11:12AM by Redshoes »

• Regular Pain
« Reply #19 on: 18-11-19, 12:43PM »
No Christmas voucher book for nights as yet in my store. Days have got them..but nights will probably get them when they are out of date.
Ask your manager. If its anything like my store, wages or admin will have handed them out to all managers but unfortunately managers tend to 'forget' to hand them out.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #20 on: 18-11-19, 02:51PM »
Got my vouchers today, attached to the book was a list of overtime going in the two local Metro stores over December, that list soon ended up in the bin. Not sure what we are having for xmas meal or buffet but at least now we have a new store manager we might not have to go through the farce of managers being made to come in for xmas meal on day off and photos been taken and sent off to head office and the S.D.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

StinkyPoo

• Regular Pain
« Reply #21 on: 19-11-19, 01:12PM »
Can the second discount card holder also use the vouchers? I know I'll only get 1 booklet but would be nice if we could both use them.

barafear

• Regular Pain
« Reply #22 on: 20-11-19, 06:06PM »
I cannot see any reason the 2nd card holder cannot use the vouchers.
No-one at the till will be able to check - and the till will not recognise whether or not the discount card swiped is the primary or secondary card holder.

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #23 on: 20-11-19, 10:07PM »

Some hawk will work it out.

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #24 on: 21-11-19, 06:34AM »
Someone said deliveroo or something like that.