Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
27-01-20, 03:01AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8815
  • Latest: Baked
Stats
  • Total Posts: 63760
  • Total Topics: 1131
  • Online Today: 119
  • Online Ever: 968
  • (20-01-20, 08:15PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 29
Total: 31

Author Topic: Christmas Vouchers  (Read 22350 times)

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
Re: Christmas Vouchers
« Reply #75 on: 04-12-19, 11:44AM »
I used my voucher and money vouchers I had built up. My 150.00 shop cost me 26.00. I don't think the discounter S can match that.
I don't have the time or will to spend my time off chasing the illusion of bargains. I also prefer to put my money back into where I work. I'm not paying extra fuel costs, giving up my day off or making my day longer going to other places before or after work. I do have full time hours so I want to make the most of my down time, and I hate shopping.
I know lots of you out there are hoping for redundancy and even for the company go bust. Ask those at Woolworth, BHS etc if they were glad the company went under and how much they ended up with as a result. They lost jobs and no redundancy, you don't get a big lump sum pay out when the company fails.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #76 on: 04-12-19, 04:52PM »
I used my voucher and money vouchers I had built up. My 150.00 shop cost me 26.00. I don't think the discounter S can match that.
I don't have the time or will to spend my time off chasing the illusion of bargains. I also prefer to put my money back into where I work. I'm not paying extra fuel costs, giving up my day off or making my day longer going to other places before or after work. I do have full time hours so I want to make the most of my down time, and I hate shopping.
I know lots of you out there are hoping for redundancy and even for the company go bust. Ask those at Woolworth, BHS etc if they were glad the company went under and how much they ended up with as a result. They lost jobs and no redundancy, you don't get a big lump sum pay out when the company fails.
maybe not but you get to work for a better company  ;D ;D (-*-)

LucyJ

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #77 on: 04-12-19, 07:22PM »
Do you want a medal for that wee speech ;D ;D ;D

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #78 on: 05-12-19, 11:28AM »
lol....How very dare they give me free money its a disgrace i will not stand for it...

Do non of you realise how ridiculous you sound.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #79 on: 05-12-19, 12:53PM »
I think it's the usual Tesco double dutch publicity spin they put on everything that annoys everyone and gets their backs up...we're giving our loyal and highly respected employees a book of £1 ( actual worth 90p) vouchers for all their hard work...we're giving our loyal and highly respected employees  a 10.5% pay raise ( actual % far lower, and most will be worse off) for all their hard work.

Years ago postage stamps were considered legal tender, unsure if this is still the case, but my partner, as all Royal Mail colleagues, receives 50 first class stamps every Christmas. Now that really helps our families as they can use them also throughout the year.
« Last Edit: 05-12-19, 12:57PM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #80 on: 05-12-19, 03:25PM »
lol....How very dare they give me free money its a disgrace i will not stand for it...

Do non of you realise how ridiculous you sound.
free money my arse. you are one of the many that has been deluded by tossco. i give them £5 and they give me £1. can't see them giving me any free money there!! now if they give me £4 cash instead that is free money >:D
« Last Edit: 05-12-19, 03:31PM by lackofinterest »

Christyri93

« Reply #81 on: 10-12-19, 07:46PM »
Hi quick question.  Never posted on here before.

Both my partner and I work for tesco, both got a thank you Christmas booklet each. Which I used on Christmas presents/clothing.

My sister in law also works at tesco & has given me hers as she won't use them and said I'd benefit more from them with my big Christmas shop.

Is this okay to do  :question:

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #82 on: 10-12-19, 09:06PM »
Nope

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #83 on: 10-12-19, 09:23PM »
It is deemed gross misconduct to use another employees vouchers, even passing on checkout offers printed off with your receipts, is a sackable offence.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #84 on: 10-12-19, 09:42PM »
Nope and vouchers are tracked against discount cards so if you use more than you should and scan your discount card it will flag an alert up with the fraud department.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #85 on: 11-12-19, 12:53AM »
I've always used my husbands and my sons as well as my own and there has never been a problem .

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #86 on: 11-12-19, 08:53AM »
Nope and vouchers are tracked against discount cards so if you use more than you should and scan your discount card it will flag an alert up with the fraud department.

Surprised Tesco hasn't axed them as part of a restructure, with all the stripping of benefits for staff, there is less and less potential for fraud, things like checking discounted transactions can be easily moved in store or looked at by the Hub team.

Spongbob

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #87 on: 11-12-19, 09:22AM »
Complete waste of paper sooner they stop it the better, half the vouchers don't work.

melona

« Reply #88 on: 11-12-19, 04:16PM »
Hi, do you know of anyone who has been sacked/received warnings for using more than one Christmas voucher booklet please? I used mine and then found another in a bin at work, so I took it, but I am a bit scared of using it... Thank you :-)
« Last Edit: 11-12-19, 04:21PM by melona »

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #89 on: 11-12-19, 04:31PM »
Dont personally know anyone who has been sacked for this but you could always be the first.

melona

« Reply #90 on: 11-12-19, 04:37PM »
Dont personally know anyone who has been sacked for this but you could always be the first.

Thanks for your reply and I wouldn't want to set a precedent... I will wait a bit longer to see if anyone else has any experience with this. Thanks again!

StinkyPoo

• Regular Pain
« Reply #91 on: 11-12-19, 05:35PM »
I have used other people's vouchers in the past and have given some of mine to a colleague. Not been caught yet but who knows if someone has or will. I think now they are more likely to sack you!

Fair play

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #92 on: 11-12-19, 05:42PM »
Hi, do you know of anyone who has been sacked/received warnings for using more than one Christmas voucher booklet please? I used mine and then found another in a bin at work, so I took it, but I am a bit scared of using it... Thank you :-)

I wouldn’t risk it mate honestly as a rep I know first hand the amount of disciplinary that are taking place . Any excuse if they can dismiss they will 

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #93 on: 11-12-19, 06:55PM »
surely you're not that desperate. they are looking for scapegoats to sack. why do you think they were in the bin? because they're hardly worth jack s*** and a lot of people me included chuck em straight in the bin

melona

« Reply #94 on: 12-12-19, 12:14AM »
I wouldn’t risk it mate honestly as a rep I know first hand the amount of disciplinary that are taking place . Any excuse if they can dismiss they will
[/quote]

Thank you very much for all the replies, I hear you guys, I'm glad I asked for advice :-) Thanks again!

chris9997

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #95 on: 12-12-19, 01:02AM »
It does state on the back they are monitored and yes a manager has been sacked for using extra, at the time tesco had it appeared a policy of gross misconduct in place I can't see this being different.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #96 on: 12-12-19, 03:02AM »
surely you're not that desperate. they are looking for scapegoats to sack. why do you think they were in the bin? because they're hardly worth jack s*** and a lot of people me included chuck em straight in the bin

done it many years ago. no one noticed that i had 2 booklets.... give second booklet to your partner or sell it to a friend for let say £10

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #97 on: 13-12-19, 08:57PM »

Dont do this.  But if you do, the ways of getting caught are by using your bank card and discount card at the same time.
« Last Edit: 13-12-19, 08:58PM by Rad »

Samantha

« Reply #98 on: 13-12-19, 10:53PM »
Please, do not use the vouchers, it’s not worthy, it is classified as stealing

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #99 on: 14-12-19, 07:47AM »
I have heard that they are already able to monitor how many different bank cards are used with your discount card. I have known things come down from the fraud team in head office about the way it has been used. I sat in a meeting with a colleague from PFS about it  once, looking like she had served herself with a meal deal in PFS. It turned out that she had left herself signed on at the till. Just saying that if they can do that, they can see more. This was years ago too.