Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
14-12-19, 06:45PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8670
  • Latest: Clinton
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62888
  • Total Topics: 1108
  • Online Today: 342
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Data protection act  (Read 1870 times)

nineninenine

• VLH Supporter
Data protection act
« on: 21-10-19, 12:49AM »
I think it has been breached in my case. What is my recourse as I’m a usdaw member?

As I understand it i cannot share data about other staff without their consent. Especially to third parties (not the police or any other legal authority) - my response is that I cannot share that information with you without asking X first for permission. Any comments. Thanks!

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
Re: Data protection act
« Reply #1 on: 21-10-19, 07:41AM »
Not enough information to answer.
There is also a duty of care to others. Some things have to be reported. Some things have to be investigated.
We should not talk about people off sick. It's personal but when someone does ring in sick the first thing everyone asks is what they are off with. We are told they are not in, we join the dots and say they are off sick. We can even join the dots and decide what they are off with but we have not been told.
We are in when an argument takes place between two colleagues. Our names are not mentioned but the colleagues involved know who was around at the time. They are able to put two and two together.
We witness someone stealing something. We report it, CCTV is checked and verifies. The witness and the CCTV have not stolen. Theft is wrong, someone who is not above stealing stock is not above stealing from you when you forget and leave something in your coat pocket.
We should not be giving out your address and phone number we should not share private details but who has done so? If you have given out your phone number yo someone who has shared it or has someone looked on wages system and then given it out. If it is to ring you about work or is it to give to someone who has popped into the store to ask. Huge difference

nineninenine

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 21-10-19, 07:57AM »
Ok fine. A member of staff gave my name to another who proceeded to harass me via Facebook - they asked someone based on my personal description and they told them my name. This person harassing me isn’t in Tesco but the information came from someone in the store as they answered the call. I went ballistic citing data protection and the possibility of serious harm. I’m documenting the harassment based upon stalking and personal harassment.

captain

• Smart Arse
« Reply #3 on: 21-10-19, 09:26AM »
Happened to me, found myself on other people Facebook, a nice quiet word to the person who started it did the trick although I was pretty angry at the time

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 21-10-19, 06:45PM »
this would be your eventual end game
https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #5 on: 22-10-19, 09:25AM »
Your personal details are not allowed to be given to customers. We are not allowed to tell a husband/partner/sister if you are working for example. That is because there may be a rift and if they were one of the above and no rift they would know. So if it's at that level, they can't give your details to a stranger.