Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-10-19, 01:39AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61625
  • Total Topics: 1082
  • Online Today: 130
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 96
Total: 99

Author Topic: query about wages  (Read 799 times)

Freebird123

• VLH Supporter
query about wages
« on: 08-10-19, 05:01PM »
whats the procedure for a query with wages, if youve gone through your line manager and hes not been forthcoming with any help! I can't contact the general manager as hes off on hols for the week and i dont have any phone number for payroll.. is there one?

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
Re: query about wages
« Reply #1 on: 08-10-19, 05:49PM »
There isn't, you would query it with the wage clerk, if they aren't forthcoming either or try fob you off, raise it to the people partner, Tesco is notorious for payroll (they backpaid me over £3k in total), I'd keep a record of your hours worked (Tescos HRAM system will also give Tesco a record of your worked hours), if you still don't get a resolution from your people partner, go to ACAS to pursue the process for illegal witholdng of wages (alternatively, contact the CAB to get advice on proceeding with a small claims court application.)
« Last Edit: 08-10-19, 05:51PM by NightAndDay »

Notmyrealname

« Reply #2 on: 08-10-19, 07:00PM »
Or call payroll on 01992 808556

« Reply #3 on: 08-10-19, 07:03PM »
Freebird123

Has your manager actually asked the stores wages clerk? I once found out about a pay query 5 months after the initial query and only then after the manager who should have asked had left the company.

Also, you need to provide details of all the shifts you have worked in order to ensure a thorough investigation. Saying your pay is incorrect is no good to a wages clerk, we don't have a crystal ball. You may not have clocked in and out on an overtime shift and this would not show up as an exception and the manager would probably not think to inform wages. You might have done a shift swap but been paid overtime at the start of the week instead of shift swap, then the only way to correct it is to code your contracted (not worked) is to code it as unpaid.

« Reply #4 on: 08-10-19, 07:04PM »
Or call payroll on 01992 808556

Payroll won't talk to a colleague about their own wage query

Freebird123

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #5 on: 08-10-19, 07:33PM »
This is a query over pay at the start of me working for Tesco . I didn't get a clocking in card for 3 weeks so had to give the manager written hours and hes supposed to have entered them manually which I know he has done but I think incorrectly . I approached a line manager with my query a  couple of weeks ago and I saw him put a hand written note o the payroll ladys desk but he hasn't said anything since . I wnt to query the amount of hours the managers has entered before Friday , the cut off time so need to speak to someone urgently :/ people partner ? Where do I find that person?
« Last Edit: 08-10-19, 07:36PM by Freebird123 »

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #6 on: 08-10-19, 07:36PM »
Bare in mind Freebird that when you start at Tesco they operate a weekly hand system, your first weeks pay (might be first days now) will be held by the company so you'll always be 1 day or week behind and it gets paid out when you resign or retire , it's meant to be to help when you resign or retire.
« Last Edit: 08-10-19, 07:37PM by NightAndDay »

« Reply #7 on: 08-10-19, 07:50PM »
NightAndDay

Colleagues are only paid a week behind for overtime and absences.
Basic pay is paid up to and including the Saturday, the day after payday. This information is clearly shown on the PayDate information on this site.