Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12-11-19, 08:00AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62295
  • Total Topics: 1097
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: New club card  (Read 8062 times)

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
Re: New club card
« Reply #25 on: 13-10-19, 12:37PM »
A lot of people here are wasted as GAs and should be in the financial sector making hundreds or millions of pounds for their company and themselves they seem so knowledgeable.

I mean we all know whoever decided to do this did it on a whim one morning while taking a s*** and its doomed to failure.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #26 on: 13-10-19, 11:08PM »
The fat lumps in head office at the Ivory towers had to come up with something to justify their poorly deserved salaries lol. Tesco value innovation.

Adywebb

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #27 on: 14-10-19, 12:18AM »
I was thinking we would get 20% shopping and  30 % f and f
Yes you get your colleague discount as well, so you will get 20% off a qualifying shop.

grim up north

• Know All
« Reply #28 on: 14-10-19, 07:20PM »
If that's true, would a double discount weekend be 30% off?

Jellypot

« Reply #29 on: 14-10-19, 08:32PM »
If that's true, would a double discount weekend be 30% off?

This all depends on how the discount will be applied, will it be 30% at once, or 20% and THEN another 10%, which works out less, Tosco are sneaky

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #30 on: 14-10-19, 09:52PM »
Tesco have already started doing this, when the 25% wine offers are on, they subtotal before the clubcard is used, be it colleague or customer card. They also started taking voucher amounts off before the discount.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

checkoutmonkey

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #31 on: 14-10-19, 10:59PM »
Well surely that has always been the case and I think it is fair enough. If something was on a BOGOF offer you wouldn’t expect to get discount on both items if you’re only paying for done surely?

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #32 on: 15-10-19, 08:51AM »
You do get discount on BOGOF items, as your only paying for one, It's the total of your bill, not the items bought, that the discount used to be calculated, and then the vouchers were taken off after the discount, the discount wouldn't work if they were taken off before, it used to block the transaction. Years ago, the discount never worked for certain medicines, or products, as it was something to do with legalities on selling these products at the set price, bit like some alcohol products now.

Tesco are renowned for having the most ridiculous offers, and the time and money wasted putting the new labels out daily. Customers constantly query the offers as some don't make sense. Grouping together of " any 3 for ?" Means your can actually pay more if you chose 3 lower priced items in the offer.

My best one was when they had a RTC item still as part of the offer, I was getting them for free, and discount off the total bill  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: 15-10-19, 08:57AM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Shoestring

« Reply #33 on: 19-10-19, 08:33PM »
Judging by the responses on this very subject in the mail online today, nobody is interested, everyone is dubious, sceptical and claims to not be stupid at Tesco rip off tactics, so my guess is it's doomed to fail.
Saying that, most people say one thing then often, with more information do the opposite so that old dark star Saturn time has this one!  :D
« Last Edit: 19-10-19, 08:35PM by Shoestring »

nineninenine

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #34 on: 21-10-19, 09:04AM »
It's a red herring anyway, Asda, Lidl and Aldi are cheaper even if you take into account the discount lol.

Very true as Aldi truly trumps tesco on a lot of things. I mostly shop at Aldi even in my works uniform. Lol

barafear

• Regular Pain
« Reply #35 on: 31-10-19, 07:55PM »
some further details on OurTesco about this today.

Confirmed that £7.99 will get you "10% off two "BIG" shops (in store) per month - now showing as up to £200 per shop" - but still showing as Terms and Exclusions apply. So, presumably certain items might be excluded (all alcohol probably? or maybe just the list that we're used to....i.e. anything that's priced close to minimum unit pricing) - and obviously all the usual suspects will be excluded.

So, for £8 a month, Tesco will give you £40 off your shopping (assuming you can do it in two shops of £200 each within the month......)

This seems like - I don't want to be political - but.......a certain party is known for favouring the rich - and this certainly seems to be this.

Anyway - just incase staff are interested:

The details of how the discount works:

So, let's say you do happen to spend £200 - staff discount first - so £20 off = £180 and then 10% off (if you pay £8 a month!!) = £18 off = £162.

It does say it works in tandem with double discount.....so that would be £40 off, followed by another £16 off.

As for Exclusions - no details yet.....but I'm guessing home electronics might be excluded - but Tesco are quite expensive for them anyway -

no doubt, anything from Tesco Mobile (PAYG phone?) will be excluded as that is no longer part of "grocery"

There are the other "added benefits" - but fairly small beer.....

So, any rich Tesco workers on here want to save another £32 (net) on their monthly shopping?

barafear

• Regular Pain
« Reply #36 on: 31-10-19, 07:59PM »
seems MSE knew before we did!!!

Here's the list of exclusions:

Some exclusions do apply including: fuel and motoring related products, electricals, lottery tickets, gift vouchers and gift cards, savings stamps and postage stamps, tobacco products and accessories, infant baby formula milk, prescription medicines, newspapers and magazines, foreign currency, carrier bag charges, in-store café or coffee shop, alcoholic drinks subject to 25% discount off six bottles.

Electricals.....hmmm. I was right!!

Newspapers and Mags....that's a strange one!! Struggle to spend £200 on those!!

Long gone

« Reply #37 on: 01-11-19, 12:19AM »
You do get discount on BOGOF items, as your only paying for one, It's the total of your bill, not the items bought, that the discount used to be calculated, and then the vouchers were taken off after the discount, the discount wouldn't work if they were taken off before, it used to block the transaction. Years ago, the discount never worked for certain medicines, or products, as it was something to do with legalities on selling these products at the set price, bit like some alcohol products now.

Tesco are renowned for having the most ridiculous offers, and the time and money wasted putting the new labels out daily. Customers constantly query the offers as some don't make sense. Grouping together of " any 3 for ?" Means your can actually pay more if you chose 3 lower priced items in the offer.

My best one was when they had a RTC item still as part of the offer, I was getting them for free, and discount off the total bill  :thumbup:

If the offer was say for example “3 for £3 and the 3 items came to £2.50 then it goes through the till at £2.50 not £3 doesn’t it? That’s what I was always told

The hooch

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #38 on: 01-11-19, 10:50AM »
I remember years ago a jaffa cake offer..I can't remember the exact details but they cost nothing going through the till with discount card and you actually got money back. The more you bought the more you got back and the more jaffas you got. WIN WIN LOL

Long gone

« Reply #39 on: 01-11-19, 05:24PM »
Cut to a shot of about 12 pallets of Jaffa cakes in the warehouse as they refused sales 😂

Digimon

• Know All
« Reply #40 on: 02-11-19, 09:04PM »
Next step.

Do away with Clubcard points

Nap!
Serving Tesco's ex- shoppers a LIDL better every day

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #41 on: 04-11-19, 12:49AM »
they can stick the clubcard where the sun never shines!!