Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-10-19, 01:31AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61625
  • Total Topics: 1082
  • Online Today: 130
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 102
Total: 105

Author Topic: Dave Lewis is stepping down next Summer  (Read 12553 times)

zebot1976

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
Dave Lewis is stepping down next Summer
« on: 02-10-19, 07:42AM »
To be replaced by Ken Murphy whoever he is.

So Dave walks away next year with a nice big bonus, while thousands of staff have been made redundant under his leadership.

No doubt Ken will continue on with all the great work Dave has done of cutting cost's & putting more Staff out of work.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
Re: Dave Lewis is stepping down next Summer
« Reply #1 on: 02-10-19, 07:53AM »
Ken Murphy was in charge of Walgreens Boots who have also been restructuring and cutting costs. Looks like Dave's legacy will be continuing.....

rockley200

« Reply #2 on: 02-10-19, 07:57AM »
Dave is going!!!! :)

zebot1976

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #3 on: 02-10-19, 08:10AM »
No deal Brexit is highly likely end of this Month, so better to announce your off now than face the potential troubles it could bring to retail in the future.

CLEARERskies

« Reply #4 on: 02-10-19, 08:13AM »
My opinion will probably fall on deaf ears and start a riot, however, if Tesco is to keep moving forward as a business there has to be cuts. Both me and my partner work(ed) for Tesco, she was made redundant in May (I’m still in the business as I’m studying) and so far it’s been the best decision she never made.
I understand the upset that comes with stores (like mine) where people have worked together for 10, 15 and 20 years but unfortunately change is always needed otherwise we will end up like Thomas Cook. There is life after Tesco.
« Last Edit: 02-10-19, 08:18AM by CLEARERskies »

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #5 on: 02-10-19, 08:15AM »
Hopefully to enjoy a long and happy retirement.

Under his brilliant stewardship the company has turned from a bloated, arrogant behemoth into a lean, profitable machine.

He's given me my Tesco back and for that he has my thanks.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #6 on: 02-10-19, 08:27AM »
My opinion will probably fall on deaf ears and start a riot, however, if Tesco is to keep moving forward as a business there has to be cuts. Both me and my partner work(ed) for Tesco, she was made redundant in May (I’m still in the business as I’m studying) and so far it’s been the best decision she never made.
I understand the upset that comes with stores (like mine) where people have worked together for 10, 15 and 20 years but unfortunately change is always needed otherwise we will end up like Thomas Cook. There is life after Tesco.

I think most people agree cuts need to be made but it's where they are being made and how it is being done people have a problem with .  Tesco is still way to top heavy all the way from Dave Lewis to team managers and the way it is being done that people are hearing about losing their jobs through press leaks .
I heard an announcement this week about sainsbury's/argos  all going to be run by one upper management structure,  now that is sensible job cutting !

Doggiedoodle

« Reply #7 on: 02-10-19, 08:41AM »

b0976ca4-9a44-4f0d-9634-fd85d977116b.png
02 October 2019
Dear colleagues,

It’s with regret that I’m writing to you to let you know that Dave Lewis has decided to step down as Group CEO of Tesco. He will leave the business next year and be succeeded by Ken Murphy.

Dave has done an outstanding job in rebuilding Tesco since 2014 and he continues to have unwavering support from the Board. Today’s results confirm that the Tesco turnaround has been delivered. Under Dave’s leadership we have transformed customer satisfaction and rebuilt the business. The leadership team is very strong and our sustainable growth strategy is clear and delivering.

Some time ago, however, Dave indicated to me that he was considering the best time to hand over to a successor. His openness allowed me to begin a thorough and orderly process to identify a potential candidate to replace him. Today, we have appointed Ken Murphy to succeed Dave.

Ken is unquestionably, a seasoned, growth-orientated business leader.  He has deep commercial, marketing and brand experience within retail and wholesale businesses, first with Alliance Unichem and then with Boots. Most recently he was Executive Vice President, Chief Commercial Officer and President Global Brands at Walgreens Boots Alliance.  Ken has values which align with our own, strong strategic and operating acumen, and is proven at the very top of a large multinational retail group. We selected Ken for his extensive retail, wholesale and commercial experience and also for what we believe will be a good fit with the team. He was born in Cork, Ireland, and is married to Olga.

Dave won’t leave the business until next summer and I know he will remain as committed as ever until his final day. We will confirm Ken’s start date in due course.

Kind regards,

John Allan
Chairman

755da78b-55fe-4758-bd28-e9be348f81aa.png
dcf48ccc-dde0-4f82-9731-6c42b025b518.png
824b4c42-c7de-4b8f-9206-900f8640b938.png
If you want to unsubscribe, please click here

merchandiser4u

« Reply #8 on: 02-10-19, 09:08AM »
Remember!! Tesco under Dave has gone from loss to profit so he can put this on his CV (lol)

Oh wait all the turmoil he has caused in the stores this year he can blame on brexit but we all know the mess he has made in the past year with poor decisions.

Open the counters again!!! :-) (before you berate me we lost all our long term customers because they did use the the counters and now Lidl is cheaper nearby people just go there or asda for the counters. Some people want customer service not  long queues etc!

or I'm staying shopping with Asda for life love their pizza counter to be honest...  :-*

sadoldman

« Reply #9 on: 02-10-19, 09:15AM »
Was so hopeing  that the bakery  was going  f...k sake  just have to go and look for a other job now  well p**s of was hanging  out for my redundancy

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #10 on: 02-10-19, 09:25AM »
He will want a nice big pay out on leaving so stand by for another round or two of cuts before he goes.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

jack_cohens_shame

« Reply #11 on: 02-10-19, 09:31AM »

Under his brilliant stewardship the company has turned from a bloated, arrogant behemoth into a lean, profitable machine.

But you are an arrogant person and a pointless troll so what does your opinion matter? 'Given me my Tesco back', what a laughable, brown-tongued tool you really are. You must be an ex-manager due to being laid off sick with permanent back ache from bending over so much.  Clown.
« Last Edit: 02-10-19, 12:06PM by Nomad »

Jethro

« Reply #12 on: 02-10-19, 09:38AM »
Was so hopeing  that the bakery  was going  f...k sake  just have to go and look for a other job now  well p**s of was hanging  out for my redundancy

He's not gone yet  , hang on in their til about May time, its coming.

Rumblerumble

« Reply #13 on: 02-10-19, 09:59AM »
Cue the final mass cull before he goes

Vanilla

« Reply #14 on: 02-10-19, 10:25AM »
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Unfortunately, this type of waste can't even be given away freely to staff at the end of the day.

As for the reply from "Nowanexmgr", I think this is said 'tongue in cheek'. :)

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #15 on: 02-10-19, 10:40AM »
Oh no it isn't  8-)

Nowanexmanager has never made any bones about being a true blue/red (Tesco colours)

His comments have sometimes caused varying degrees of disharmony or aggressive resound from other posters, but give him his due, he has never been swayed in bowing to pressure or retaliation, responding like for like.

I personally, don't always agree with his comments, occasionally suck in a deep breath on reading some, but I do recognise his ilk. He is old school management, expects the best from his team, but shows recognition and support. He doesn't want to be your bestie! He's a bit like marmite  :)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #16 on: 02-10-19, 10:46AM »
Ding dong, the b*****ds gone.

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #17 on: 02-10-19, 11:01AM »
The news that the boots boss is coming in is really bad. If Dave had stayed he might have stopped cuts eventually. Boots just now has cut and cut managers and shop floor staff.

I ask you what is the one thing a new boss has to be seen to be doing when they take a new job. They have to be seen to make a difference so expect more cuts and worse work life balance.

Siwel123

« Reply #18 on: 02-10-19, 11:08AM »
Dave has destroyed the business with cuts to staff however the figures don't lie that he has made Tescos profitable and has grown the business. Like the poster above says the new boss will be expected to do the same by the board and shareholders and the easiest way to do that is by cutting staff further that they feel is not needed and we all know it won't be managers suffering.

Watching the half year review video just shows the arrogance of the senior staff really, oh haven't we done amazing, look at our new ranges etc, staff don't care about new ranges and your new amazing ideas, we care there's not enough staff to even get the basic jobs done, our benefits have been ripped from us and we're expected to sacrifice our life for the company when the company wouldn't even p**s on us if we were on fire

lockesbrokenback

« Reply #19 on: 02-10-19, 11:16AM »
Oh well, life goes on.

randomworker

« Reply #20 on: 02-10-19, 11:38AM »

But you are an arrogant person and a pointless troll so what does your opinion matter? 'Given me my Tesco back', what a laughable, brown-tongued tool you really are. You must be an ex-manager due to being laid off sick with permanent back ache from bending over so much. Clown.

Wow aren’t you a pleasant person.

Name calling someone 4 times just for saying something that you don’t agree with.

Bubble2029

« Reply #21 on: 02-10-19, 11:49AM »

But you are an arrogant person and a pointless troll so what does your opinion matter? 'Given me my Tesco back', what a laughable, brown-tongued tool you really are. You must be an ex-manager due to being laid off sick with permanent back ache from bending over so much. Clown.

Wow aren’t you a pleasant person.

Name calling someone 4 times just for saying something that you don’t agree with.
what he's given you your Tesco back . I don't ever recall Tesco being like this nothing on the shelves,customers going elsewhere . But if that's what you want then you got but definitely not the old Tesco

randomworker

« Reply #22 on: 02-10-19, 11:52AM »
Dave has destroyed the business with cuts to staff however the figures don't lie that he has made Tescos profitable and has grown the business. Like the poster above says the new boss will be expected to do the same by the board and shareholders and the easiest way to do that is by cutting staff further that they feel is not needed and we all know it won't be managers suffering.

Watching the half year review video just shows the arrogance of the senior staff really, oh haven't we done amazing, look at our new ranges etc, staff don't care about new ranges and your new amazing ideas, we care there's not enough staff to even get the basic jobs done, our benefits have been ripped from us and we're expected to sacrifice our life for the company when the company wouldn't even p**s on us if we were on fire

I’m really having a hard time understanding where in retail is it way better than Tesco. Every retail company has pros and cons and not one company stands head and shoulders above anyone else. As many people have stated retail across the board is going through major upheaval. Even John Lewis who I would said has had the best bonus for employees in the good days is now struggling to pay out any meaningful bonus.

So when you say he has destroyed Tesco this is just from your single perspective without having the full picture of the retail landscape and what the business is doing as a whole in comparison to the other big 4. I fully support individuals who do not want to work for Tesco anymore because their terms and conditions have changed or it’s not what it use to be like. However that is not indication of how well the business is run overall.

Bubble2029

« Reply #23 on: 02-10-19, 12:01PM »

I’m really having a hard time understanding where in retail is it way better than Tesco. Every retail company has pros and cons and not one company stands head and shoulders above anyone else. As many people have stated retail across the board is going through major upheaval. Even John Lewis who I would said has had the best bonus for employees in the good days is now struggling to pay out any meaningful bonus.

So when you say he has destroyed Tesco this is just from your single perspective without having the full picture of the retail landscape and what the business is doing as a whole in comparison to the other big 4. I fully support individuals who do not want to work for Tesco anymore because their terms and conditions have changed or it’s not what it use to be like. However that is not indication of how well the business is run overall.
Well time will tell if Dave Lewis has done the right thing by Tesco after this latest cull

randomworker

« Reply #24 on: 02-10-19, 12:16PM »

Well time will tell if Dave Lewis has done the right thing by Tesco after this latest cull

Yip that’s very true however everyone has a different yard stick on how they measure a company. I’m sure there has been plenty of times in Tesco history that someone has said the company is going down the tubes and it’s c**p to work for.