Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
31-03-20, 01:29PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65827
  • Total Topics: 1158
  • Online Today: 164
  • Online Ever: 483
  • (25-02-20, 02:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: 5yr SAYE all paid up now?  (Read 12568 times)

Rad

• Know All
Re: 5yr SAYE all paid up now?
« Reply #25 on: 17-02-20, 07:34PM »
The price jumped the day after the general election and the Tories got back in with their brexit plan.

Charlie Harper

« Reply #26 on: 17-02-20, 07:50PM »
I've not had anything through the post, I did however receive the email on Friday explaining the options available to me.

https://www.shareview.co.uk/Clients/misc/Tesco_UK_SAYE_Mat_Brochure_2014_5yr.pdf

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #27 on: 25-02-20, 09:18PM »
Wish I'd sold last week now

Baker4life

« Reply #28 on: 27-02-20, 04:01AM »
Hi all I'm s new member and was hoping someone can help me with a question. I gave my instruction last week to sell my date 5 year shares. However since then the share price gas dropped s bit. Do I get the share price the day I gave the instruction to sell or on the 1st march when they mature. Cheers

Charlie Harper

« Reply #29 on: 27-02-20, 06:40AM »
The sale price will be that of the day the shares are sold. i.e March 1st.

Baker4life

« Reply #30 on: 27-02-20, 09:27AM »
Thanks I was hoping that wasn't the case.

Charlie Harper

« Reply #31 on: 27-02-20, 01:07PM »
Blood Bath

Minnie Mouse

« Reply #32 on: 27-02-20, 01:36PM »
If you have decided to take the shares, sell straight away they are sold at the end of the day on a Thursday so you request to sell them on a Monday you won’t know what price you will get as not sold until the Thursday that week better to buy the shares and hold them in Tesco share account and when you decide to sell you get the live price

Baker4life

« Reply #33 on: 27-02-20, 01:55PM »
So gutted not only job at risk with bakery change but just seen a lose of £5000 in saye return very bad week

hornimans135

« Reply #34 on: 28-02-20, 11:46AM »
If you put you shares in Tesco Share Account. Do yo still get the profits,in future or is here a cut off date.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #35 on: 28-02-20, 12:01PM »
So gutted not only job at risk with bakery change but just seen a lose of £5000 in saye return very bad week
Slide to 218p:D. Unfortunately tesco shares do not hold steady price. Very high swings. Curent drop is related with sale off asia bussiness,.Aparently today is bidding deadline.

Minnie Mouse

« Reply #36 on: 28-02-20, 12:48PM »
Horniman123 the shares sit in your tesco shares account and there is no cut off date, when you decide to sell you get all the money for your shares minus the selling fee but you know exactly what you are getting for your shares as sold at the live price

hornimans135

« Reply #37 on: 28-02-20, 01:28PM »
but do you get the SAYE profits and bonus. Thanks

barafear

• Regular Pain
« Reply #38 on: 28-02-20, 07:04PM »
Interesting thread - a few responses to different posters>

Firstly Hornimans135> In answer to your question, the money in your SAYE is used to purchase shares at the option price - which I believe was £1.50 - so depending on how much you saved, this will equate to a number of shares - someone posted a linked further up the thread to the Equiniti website leaflet for this scheme - so as an example, let's say you save £50 per pay period for the five years = 50 x 60 = £3000. Then there was a bonus of £30 added = £3,030.
At £1.50 a share, this would equate to 2,020 shares. So, you now have 2,020 shares sitting in your Tesco share account. Your question about "profits" - SAYE doesn't make profits - there are potential profits that you can make when you sell the shares - obviously if you sell the shares for more than £1.50, you will make a profit. Clearly, selling now at around £2.20 won't realise as big a profit for you if you had sold a couple of weeks ago at around £2.55. But that's the risks of shares.

Lordadmiral> You mention the current slide in share price is connected to the sale of the Asia business - I don't know whether this is true or not - but the Coronavirus outbreak has led to a fall in World Stock markets - I think the London FTSE100 index is down around 12% in a week - so that would equate to a drop in Tesco price of around 30p - so that reason may well account for the majority.

Finally Fungirl You mention moving your shares to a share ISA  to avoid tax. Which tax are you trying to avoid? I don't want to pry - but was your monthly/4 weekly contribution in this scheme in excess of £250?

Cheers.

Baker4life

« Reply #39 on: 28-02-20, 08:05PM »
Hi can anyone help please. Ok so Tesco shared finished end of today at £2.28. So with the 5 year SAYE maturing 1st March are we getting the £2.28 price or do we have to wait till end of day Monday 2nd March.

odif

« Reply #40 on: 28-02-20, 08:28PM »
Hi can anyone help please. Ok so Tesco shared finished end of today at £2.28. So with the 5 year SAYE maturing 1st March are we getting the £2.28 price or do we have to wait till end of day Monday 2nd March.
Yes I would like to know aswell!!!

odif

« Reply #41 on: 28-02-20, 08:31PM »
Interesting thread - a few responses to different posters>

Firstly Hornimans135> In answer to your question, the money in your SAYE is used to purchase shares at the option price - which I believe was £1.50 - so depending on how much you saved, this will equate to a number of shares - someone posted a linked further up the thread to the Equiniti website leaflet for this scheme - so as an example, let's say you save £50 per pay period for the five years = 50 x 60 = £3000. Then there was a bonus of £30 added = £3,030.
At £1.50 a share, this would equate to 2,020 shares. So, you now have 2,020 shares sitting in your Tesco share account. Your question about "profits" - SAYE doesn't make profits - there are potential profits that you can make when you sell the shares - obviously if you sell the shares for more than £1.50, you will make a profit. Clearly, selling now at around £2.20 won't realise as big a profit for you if you had sold a couple of weeks ago at around £2.55. But that's the risks of shares.

Lordadmiral> You mention the current slide in share price is connected to the sale of the Asia business - I don't know whether this is true or not - but the Coronavirus outbreak has led to a fall in World Stock markets - I think the London FTSE100 index is down around 12% in a week - so that would equate to a drop in Tesco price of around 30p - so that reason may well account for the majority.

Finally Fungirl You mention moving your shares to a share ISA  to avoid tax. Which tax are you trying to avoid? I don't want to pry - but was your monthly/4 weekly contribution in this scheme in excess of £250?

Cheers.

Its a combination off the job losses,Asia and coronavirus

Baker4life

« Reply #42 on: 28-02-20, 08:41PM »
If it's based on the £2.28 then still £9000 profit so can't complain, last week would have been £13000. Don't want it to go another day on Monday and drop anymore. Been a bloodbath. Never thought it would have dropped 30p in a week.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #43 on: 28-02-20, 09:40PM »
If Tesco sell off their Lotus business for the £9 billion figure that's been floating about, the value will skyrocket short term.

Baker4life

« Reply #44 on: 28-02-20, 09:51PM »
Yeah I thought of that but after 5 long years of saving I just wanted it all out of their greedy hands and into mine

Fun girl

« Reply #45 on: 29-02-20, 12:00AM »
Odif yes a put £500 a month

Charlie Harper

« Reply #46 on: 29-02-20, 06:10AM »

''Its a combination off the job losses,Asia and coronavirus''

It's just Corona Virus.

The possible Asia sell off is looked on positively by the market, just look at the share price jump we had when news of it broke (20 pence jump in a week).

Unfortunately, job cuts are also seen positively by the market. i.e. more money saved.
« Last Edit: 29-02-20, 06:11AM by Charlie Harper »

takethemoneyandrun

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #47 on: 29-02-20, 06:32AM »
I just knew something like this would happen...would surprise me if Tosco were behind it ;D ;D :D :D...still aslong as I get my money back..I'm sweet

takethemoneyandrun

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #48 on: 29-02-20, 01:43PM »
Do we get shares at what they are worth at end of trading on monday..
Because that's I optioned for...to be bought and sold on 1st march which is actually a Sunday so how does that work...

Baker4life

« Reply #49 on: 29-02-20, 02:02PM »
That's exactly what I wanted to know. Please someone say the price Friday just gone as don't want another bloodbath on Monday.