Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-09-19, 09:02AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60687
  • Total Topics: 1068
  • Online Today: 150
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Useless Daw - Time for Action?  (Read 5689 times)

penguin

• Sad Muppet
Re: Useless Daw - Time for Action?
« Reply #25 on: 07-09-19, 09:06PM »
Left the union several years ago during a previous structure change, after getting no help from reps at all, can’t go into details on here but was a witness to a fairly serious incident between two staff members a while ago, in store rep was all up for challenging it all under process, soon as she found out one of the people involved was a manager she just said it should be sorted out via a handshake, not much of a useful union at all.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

chris9997

• Know All
« Reply #26 on: 08-09-19, 05:53PM »
In our store there is a campaign poster from usdaw  saying that £10 per hour should be the minimum wage  a bit  rich considering the latest pay negs from them

Mr Grumpy

• Know All
  • I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees ..
« Reply #27 on: 09-09-19, 08:43AM »
I was a rep instore for a very long time, our store was one of the lucky stores than had always had a strong union presence and strong & experienced reps, so many issues that happened in other stores (like bullying and procedures/guidelines not followed) didn't occur often.

The issues are very high up the food chain in Uselessdaw, I can vividly remember at one conference being gobsmacked at what came out of a certain Pauline's mouth regarding her thoughts on staffing having to chop/change hours (wrong hours wrong place) and her general discard for the average worker rights and feelings.

My own AO was brilliant, but from experience there are many who are not, and most definitely some reps are in it just to feather their own nests, not rock the boat but still go off on all the weekends away on the members money.
« Last Edit: 09-09-19, 08:46AM by Mr Grumpy »

whatajoke2019

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #28 on: 09-09-19, 10:53AM »
And we know very well if we got £10p/h ( ???) even more people would find themselves out of a job...

I can imagine it now.

You've been successful in your job application; you're on a two hour contract and we expect you to man checkouts, tip and back fill wagons, do Job 14 and watch out for shoplifters as well as rumble and clearing up any spillages  ;).

If you don't do that within two hours, you're fired!

As I keep saying there are some very good reps out there; it's just the usual suspects who spout so much sh*t the local water board think there's been a sewage leak!

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #29 on: 09-09-19, 12:51PM »
Large companies such as Tesco can easily afford to pay a minimum of £10 an hour, they just choose not to as it affects their returns to the shareholders by 2-300 million which is a drop in the ocean when looking at their profits.

BMW-E90

« Reply #30 on: 09-09-19, 01:19PM »
Never joined the union, not worth the paper you have to sign up on! As a CDA a decent union would have worked to reduce the massive workload drivers are having to deliver now on on a regular basis!  Instead deliveries are getting heavier and more numerous! They would have also increased the pay to a respectable £10ph by now! 

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #31 on: 09-09-19, 04:19PM »
As bad as the union is, I sort of like Aldis aproach to USDAW membership, even though Aldi has a more fascist reputation than Tesco, at least they're honest, not owning the union for appearances only. (They're against union membership, which i find more favourable than Tescos approach.)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.usdaw.org.uk/411&ved=2ahUKEwiAr5SKhMTkAhWNThUIHRmvAsAQFjABegQIDhAG&usg=AOvVaw2k9BVkV6H60346mYZA4lXn

Captain001

« Reply #32 on: 09-09-19, 07:27PM »
Anyone heard anything about the upcoming manager restructure, store managers meeting tomorrow?

Administrator Comment Wrong thread for this question.

Vanilla

« Reply #33 on: 09-09-19, 09:25PM »
I can't believe people are still debating whether being a member of useless is worthwhile.  ;D
The waste of money going on.
Useless, as about useful as a chocolate teapot.