Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
29-01-20, 09:06AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 63874
  • Total Topics: 1131
  • Online Today: 184
  • Online Ever: 968
  • (20-01-20, 08:15PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Dropping shift  (Read 6799 times)

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
Re: Dropping shift
« Reply #25 on: 08-09-19, 09:03PM »
chris9997 is correct, can we return to "Dropping shift".
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

renown

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #26 on: 10-09-19, 07:16AM »
Very useful reply.  Not.

Administrator Comment Previous pointless and silly post by repintaply removed.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #27 on: 28-10-19, 07:08AM »
Without creating new topic.... i would like to ask a question about droping a shift/s. Is there a policy at our tesco about that. Like who you must inform how long it take. I am planning to change job if possible but i would like to keep one night just in case ;D

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #28 on: 28-10-19, 07:42AM »
I'm unsure if there is policy, but as a rule of thumb in my store was.....

Spoke to your manager of your possible intent to drop a day. They would discuss what day/hours  you had in mind, if it was agreeable to them, they would speak to SM to arrange.
However, be prepared for them to refuse, as the day you want may be a difficult shift to cover, especially as others probably won't be given your vacated hours as a contracted shift. Even if your manager agrees, the SM may override.
Always remembering, that if they do agree, you're not entering into a new flexi contract when they get you to sign!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #29 on: 28-10-19, 10:12AM »
Without creating new topic.... i would like to ask a question about droping a shift/s. Is there a policy at our tesco about that. Like who you must inform how long it take. I am planning to change job if possible but i would like to keep one night just in case ;D

It all depends on whether there is a single shift available and whether they want to give it to you.  You have no rights as such to expect Tesco to acquiesce  to your needs.
« Last Edit: 28-10-19, 10:35AM by Nomad »

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #30 on: 28-10-19, 12:35PM »
OK, thx.

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #31 on: 28-10-19, 01:55PM »
It also depends on if the store you are in is over hours. Then as said above its down to if your shift is needed or if the store is able to cover without you. If your store is over hours they may not be able to add hours to someone else. They may just be looking to cut hours. If your shift needs covering it might be a matter of moving someone else's hours. You don't automatically have the right to cut hours. There are a lot of things that need to fall into place to allow it to happen. You also then need to do a minimum of 7.5 hours, there are exceptions to this in rare instances but stores are advised to not have a contract with less than 7.5 hours.