Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
13-11-19, 04:18AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8585
  • Latest: mrv321
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62336
  • Total Topics: 1098
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 27
Total: 28

Author Topic: Pick rate  (Read 6777 times)

Sandy

• VLH Supporter
Pick rate
« on: 22-08-19, 09:04PM »
So our pick rate has gone from 152 to 179 !!! Plus have to use toilet in that time wtf?????

Pro123

Re: Pick rate
« Reply #1 on: 22-08-19, 09:54PM »
Ours isn't as high as 179 but now the bags have gone and with the new pick sticks I'm finding I'm averaging between 170-190.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #2 on: 22-08-19, 10:28PM »
Pick rate will also depend on size of store and how far the barcode to scan start/end of puck is from shop floor .

AND not to turn this into the csd/pfs pay rate thread , check-outs get timed on their scan rate  and idle time .
Dotcom drivers are timed on their deliveries and have set times to deliver whilst also having their driving speed measured.

blueberet

« Reply #3 on: 23-08-19, 12:28AM »
CDDs might be timed but no where near the scrutiny of pickers, if anything Tesco give us more time than necessary to make a delivery, unless some bafoon has ordered 10 crates of water and lives on the 2nd floor with no lift.. They also only care if we go 10% + 3 over the limit ie 36 in a 30 so that is never an issue.

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #4 on: 23-08-19, 07:33AM »
Tesco give us more time than necessary to make a delivery  :D you want to come to our store before saying that!!

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #5 on: 23-08-19, 08:37AM »
Shhh...walls have ears, websites have eyes... :-X
« Last Edit: 23-08-19, 08:38AM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Scottishlass

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #6 on: 23-08-19, 11:31AM »
Ours has gone up beyond 180! It might be achievable with big picks, but there’s no chance with frozen picks or 2/3 item ambient picks. All we hope for in the morning is to get a school pick, multiples of the same item which pushes our pick rate way up. It’s like hitting the jackpot when you realise you have one of those trollies  ;D

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #7 on: 23-08-19, 11:36AM »
Ours is down as a few trolleys went missing.

Paupers wage

« Reply #8 on: 23-08-19, 02:53PM »
Dot com colleagues have to fill trays to max, permission has now to be sought to start a second tray if no more can be squashed into original allotted tray, assuming this is to cut down on drivers time at customer doorstep/kitchen unloading

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #9 on: 23-08-19, 03:22PM »
Dotcom has a lot of sickness due to drivers having bad backs, cant see how upping the weight of the tray is gonna help.

Twinkletoes

« Reply #10 on: 23-08-19, 04:54PM »
About time dot.com had to put a shift in, since it's very existence they have been known to be the Tesco slackers.   No more time for standing about chatting or standing with confused look on their face looking for item that is right in front of them.   Happy days!

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #11 on: 23-08-19, 05:23PM »
Dotcom has a lot of sickness due to drivers having bad backs, cant see how upping the weight of the tray is gonna help.

I'd be having a bad back quite often as well if I was being paid less for the same role than all of their competitors.

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #12 on: 23-08-19, 05:36PM »
Driver rate going up to £9.68p/h next month. Pretty much in line now with everyone else.

Sandy

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #13 on: 23-08-19, 08:44PM »
About time dot.com had to put a shift in, since it's very existence they have been known to be the Tesco slackers.   No more time for standing about chatting or standing with confused look on their face looking for item that is right in front of them.   Happy days!

Sandy

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #14 on: 23-08-19, 09:27PM »
Are you for real what's your job??, just stirring tho
Things up  I bet 😅I felt like I did a work

out today nonstop and I'm 54 hot sweats ia cliche it's real   menopause

A

nd not nice when you're already running around and daren't go for toilet break
 Cos off your pick rate 100 items on 34 mins ok  with multiples not so good with random items let's talk about Christmas and eater later what's your job,,???
Ps not  eating before or during work n
o more can't risk it no time for a ykw 🤩🙄🤣 tena ladies we all get there please don't slsg off pickers who's done the job? Xx I know everyone works hard respect let's support each other we all work hard for very little reward 🤗 what store do you work in how big is dotcom

[color=yellow
[/color]

Pochin123

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #15 on: 23-08-19, 09:47PM »
I say this to everyone who at Tesco's doing a timed job. Don't not p**s Yourself to ensure you hit your rate.

Ever
Has This Been Briefed Out??

Sandy

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #16 on: 23-08-19, 10:09PM »
I won't but the job has lost all job satisfaction for me now getting good quality and packing nice no time anymore let's all become robots 🤣

Sandy

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #17 on: 23-08-19, 10:20PM »
Some dotcom pickers do take the p**s and stand around talking maybe that's why the pick rate is going up to get rid of the wasters I hate them as. Much as you it's some of the younger generation  In my store only a minority but don't tar is all with same brush my work ethic is phenomenal always has been I'm 54 mate old school and my children are the same as me

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #18 on: 23-08-19, 10:31PM »
Pick rate goes up, standard of packing comes down. I'm a driver & when presenting customers with their shopping, some of the trays look like all the items have been dropped in from a great height.

Sandy

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #19 on: 23-08-19, 10:37PM »
Pick rate goes up, standard of packing comes down. I'm a driver & when presenting customers with their shopping, some of the trays look like all the items have been dropped in from a great height.

feel sorry for the drivers
Ok one last thing I've seen a job tesco nights 4 nights do you think it's better than dotcom 5 days at 4 hours a day
more money more breaks anyone any ideas for me ? Stay with dotcom  20 hours plus about 9 hours overtime or apply for nights I can do the work I'm a grafter looking for input from night workers how long you been doing the job do you burn out?

Sandy

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #20 on: 23-08-19, 10:43PM »
I always prided myself on my packing now all I have time to do is not squash stuff; are drivers getting more time to deliver do the customers have boxes  bags ready ? Are they unhappy with bagless, , ?

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #21 on: 23-08-19, 10:49PM »
Customers generally happy not to have bags but a few unhappy ones complaining. Drivers get no longer to do deliveries.

Sandy

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #22 on: 23-08-19, 11:15PM »
What's it like being a driver do you enjoy it long hours/days? I originally applied to be a driver but at my interview they kept going on about me being a personal shopper then they failed me driving for not using my wing mirrors enough someone else for using them too much 🙄would you recommend your job they are crying out for drivers at my place just have to remember the wing mirrors

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #23 on: 24-08-19, 12:37AM »
@sandy , I've done dotcom and I've done night replenishment . Dotcom is like a day off compared to night replenishment.  Although it's all store specific,  our nightshift replenishment is horrendous so heavy and so short staffed

Sandy

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #24 on: 24-08-19, 01:10AM »
Welshie thank you so much for your feedback, I think I'll stay in dotcom
What's your current role?