Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-09-19, 09:08AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60687
  • Total Topics: 1068
  • Online Today: 150
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Canteen  (Read 8502 times)

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
Re: Canteen
« Reply #25 on: 21-08-19, 02:51PM »
looks like a few stores need to look at their operation. it can - and should be very simple. it needs everyone doing their bit ( i dont believe staff should be filling dishwashers ....
if you are  continually having to clean crockery and cutlery - order more. Simple

8-) "order more"  :D :D :D :D  ;D ;D ;D ;D stop now, please stop.. :D :D :D :D :D
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #26 on: 21-08-19, 06:11PM »
I have always believed that the state that canteens and toilets are allowed to deteriorate to, is a reflection of the overall morale in that store.
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

beentheredoneit

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #27 on: 21-08-19, 06:49PM »
I have always believed that the state that canteens and toilets are allowed to deteriorate to, is a reflection of the overall morale in that store.
perhaps the standards of the managers at those stores.
lucgeo - stores were told to order crockery etc. in the brief. If your store hasnt done this, someone needs to sort (dont you have forums?)
beentheredoneit

Cazcat

« Reply #28 on: 21-08-19, 07:25PM »
beentherdoneit, think that we shall all come for lunch in your store !. If it is so good now, it must have been really bad before  !!. There is no defence for what Tesco tried and failed to do with the staff rooms. There is no excuse for what they have let them become. A failed exercise  from start to finish which cost a lot of people there jobs. If only ordering a box of mugs would help  !!!!!

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #29 on: 21-08-19, 08:09PM »
to be honest ours is better but we have really good cleaners and had really crappy canteen staff (externals never tesco ones). couldn't fry an egg and didn't know how to make an omelette.

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #30 on: 21-08-19, 10:59PM »
Canteen just a reminder of how shot things have got ....... hate going in there now more than likely you will be on your own anyway.Plenty of mugs because there ain’t enough staff to use them.Lewis it’s time you f***ed off you arrogant tw*t.

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #31 on: 21-08-19, 11:13PM »
Canteen just a reminder of how shot things have got ....... hate going in there now more than likely you will be on your own anyway.Plenty of mugs because there ain’t enough staff to use them.Lewis it’s time you f***ed off you arrogant tw*t.

How s***..... should have read it before posting 😬

sammy

« Reply #32 on: 22-08-19, 10:43AM »
All our plates, bowl, cups and Cutlery got binned 3 months ago when a few people were not clearing up after them self. No notice about it either just everything binned then notes put up to say why.

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #33 on: 22-08-19, 10:54AM »
Things are "shot" but what difference is giving your views on VLH going to make.

Dave must get a laugh looking at this forum.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #34 on: 22-08-19, 11:31AM »
Typical knee jerk reaction from Tesco management, don't manage the situation, just throw your dummies out,(or crockery on this occasion) to prove their point. Waste of money, waste of time, and waste of resources when grievances going in that they are not supplying the agreed amenities.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #35 on: 22-08-19, 11:59AM »
perhaps the standards of the managers at those stores.
lucgeo - stores were told to order crockery etc. in the brief. If your store hasnt done this, someone needs to sort (dont you have forums?)
Stores told to order crockery? Stores are told a lot of things that get ignored and an SM won't spend a penny if they can get away with it.

:D :D :D :D forums ;D ;D you're at it again ;D ;D ;D

VladPutin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #36 on: 22-08-19, 08:21PM »
wonder what head office staff are eating this week?
It's very nice this week. Then again it was nice last week and the week before that. This is what Dave and the gang are having.

https://cdn.ourtesco.com/2019/08/19075647/menu-checkout1.pdf

Global Moderator Comment  Offensive comment removed.

In our canteen: three vending machines, only one of which has ever been filled. The other two have been empty since they were wheeled in. A few bottles of diluting juice. A toaster so slow it would be quicker and more efficient to toast your bread with a lighter. And some fresh fruit. The odd box of doughnuts if the managers are feeling generous.

Still at least we have the TV...which some moron always switches to the radio. Bad enough we have to listen to the c**p  that blares out of costa all day, we can't even get peace and quiet on our breaks. >:(
« Last Edit: 23-08-19, 09:11AM by tumshie »

tonygunk

« Reply #37 on: 22-08-19, 10:21PM »
Theres nothing more offensive than t*sco coffee

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #38 on: 23-08-19, 08:11AM »
It's very nice this week. Then again it was nice last week and the week before that. This is what Dave and the gang are having.

And if I was still an employee of the "them and us" mighty Tesco, I would be printing off that menu and sticking it on the empty vends and leaving it on every dirty table.

Cazcat

« Reply #39 on: 23-08-19, 09:36AM »
Nice idea !!

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #40 on: 23-08-19, 11:05AM »
They really are a bunch of twats  >:(

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #41 on: 23-08-19, 02:44PM »

And if I was still an employee of the "them and us" mighty Tesco, I would be printing off that menu and sticking it on the empty vends and leaving it on every dirty table.

I hope Dave enjoys his lunch

RandomJim

« Reply #42 on: 23-08-19, 04:04PM »
Wait ... people actually have food and stuff in their canteens?
We have a toaster, coffee that’s left out uncovered in a metallic tray and chocolate vendors. No chance of healthy offerings and if we go buy something it has to come out of our break time. Oh and fruit left out uncovered and probably sneezed on and touched by those who don’t wash their hands.
Same with the free bread for toast ... I stopped having it when I thought about this.
And don’t get me started on the locker situation which were moved to the canteen when we still had staff there.
So anyone could come in when it’s empty and sneeze on the lockers to open them as they are the cheapest pieces of poop I’ve ever seen.
I look st them and they bend 

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #43 on: 23-08-19, 06:21PM »

I hope Dave enjoys his lunch

Be nice if he choked on it  ;)

Whistleblower

« Reply #44 on: 23-08-19, 06:22PM »
When canteens were closed contract cleaners were told with no discussion that it was their responsibility to fill vending machines.wash crockery and the general cleanliness of Tesco canteens,trouble is they have had no training , dishwashers have probably had the same water for months as they have not been shown how to empty it and refill it,vending machines have not been cleaned with the proper equipment as cleaners have not been shown how. They are going into the kitchen area after cleaning toilets or emptying outside bins with no protective clothing,probably not washing their hands,so high risk of cross contamination, same when they are filling vending machines,it s not their fault as I've said before,no training no proper equipment, but maybe dodgy Dave Lewis is trying to poison staff,rather than pay redundancy

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #45 on: 23-08-19, 07:37PM »
RandomJim

You're store got a lot of hay fever sufferers, or do you have a bit of OCD where sneezing is concerned?? Why would you think people sneezed on your locker?? Yes...I know that you mean there flimsy, but you're obsessed with sneezing man  :)

RandomJim

« Reply #46 on: 25-08-19, 08:45AM »
It’s a metaphor for me wanting to sneeze the tesco out of my life 😂
But I can change the metaphor ... I can sigh heavily (as we all do from working st tesco) and the lockers break from the rush of breath

Global Moderator Comment  Please do not quote the immediately preceding post.
« Last Edit: 25-08-19, 09:28AM by tumshie »

Nikkih4586

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #47 on: 27-08-19, 10:53PM »
Ours is terrible tea coffee machine out of order 4 atleast a month one cold drink machine dies not work .vending machine with snacks works when it wants its freezing cold dirty never any clean cups bread forks  it's just a joke I work nights and sometimes because I sleep late on in the day I wake  up not hungry as many of us do so to not be able to even make toast or get a bag of crisps is just disgusting

Pokeyhat

« Reply #48 on: 28-08-19, 07:05AM »
Our Canteen is not great either, the biggest concern is the hygiene of the cleaning team who now are responsible for cleaning the cutlery and dishes, I am full time and don't even bother going in half the time to Canteen, we previously had a very good Canteen

Whiskers

« Reply #49 on: 28-08-19, 09:35AM »
Your biggest concern should probably be with Tesco staff who can’t rinse a plate, put rubbish in a bin or even flush a toilet...but I guess it easier for people to blame folk in part time minimum wage roles who many see as beneath them.