Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
06-12-19, 03:25AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62727
  • Total Topics: 1103
  • Online Today: 132
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 103
Total: 104

Author Topic: Canteen  (Read 20292 times)

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
Re: Canteen
« Reply #50 on: 28-08-19, 01:45PM »
It is always the cleaners fault.  8-) People need to get a grip and stop blaming people on part time contracts. Some of our cleaners work 12 hours over 6 days at £8.21 an hour.
« Last Edit: 28-08-19, 01:47PM by Cleaner1 »

Whistleblower

« Reply #51 on: 28-08-19, 03:02PM »
I agree do not blame the cleaners , when the canteens were closed cleaners were told with no discussion that they were now responsible for washing up ,filling vending machines and cleanliness of the canteens,but it also should be the responsibility of Tesco staff to help cleaning staff to keep their canteen clean. 

1 scrape your plate into the bin provided and any other debris,

2 if the bin is overflowing, Don t put more stuff on top, take rubbish from bin and get a new bin bag

3 clean up your own spillage s

4 work with your cleaners, if you think your management is bad. Believe me their upper management is 10 times worse e.g. Google adzuna reviews for mitie

5 cleaners are doing their very best with the limited sources they are giving

Adywebb

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #52 on: 29-08-19, 06:57PM »
Read something on the company yammer this morning, all shops are having a canteen refit under something called ‘Project Cotton’
You end up with the old servery being removed and walled off and on the colleague side a new long counter with new equipment, undercounter bosch domestic style dishwashers, hot and cold water machines, new under counter fridges, toasters, microwaves etc along with 2 washbasins, 1 for handwahing and 1 for dish rinsing before putting in dishwashers.
There are some pics from a shop that's just been done and it looks quite nice.

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #53 on: 29-08-19, 09:02PM »
Probably going to buy special tesco cotton cloths for GAs to do their own cleaning as they go, in the canteen.

I am more worried about the project for the cutting of toilet breaks altogether, called 'project touching cloth'.
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #54 on: 29-08-19, 09:10PM »
 :( :o
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Whiskers

« Reply #55 on: 29-08-19, 09:35PM »
That would imply Tesco staff actually do some former clean as you go, which the majority don’t and wouldn’t have a clue where to begin.

VladPutin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #56 on: 01-09-19, 07:58PM »
It is always the cleaners fault.  8-) People need to get a grip and stop blaming people on part time contracts. Some of our cleaners work 12 hours over 6 days at £8.21 an hour.

I don't blame the cleaners. They didn't ask for this. I blame Lewis and the rest of the head office s***.

The hooch

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #57 on: 01-09-19, 08:04PM »
Read something on the company yammer this morning, all shops are having a canteen refit under something called ‘Project Cotton’
You end up with the old servery being removed and walled off and on the colleague side a new long counter with new equipment, undercounter bosch domestic style dishwashers, hot and cold water machines, new under counter fridges, toasters, microwaves etc along with 2 washbasins, 1 for handwahing and 1 for dish rinsing before putting in dishwashers.
I am of the opinion that this refit should have been done before the old  canteen was axed.

surlaroute

• (Age is yrs I've been doing this ridonkulous job…)
« Reply #58 on: 02-09-19, 12:40AM »

I'm livid they're using the money saved out of my and others' old night premiums on this when literally every cage now has a problem, nobody gave a stuff about the canteen, if they're gonna steal from us they could at least spend it on stuff that needs spending on like main equipment. they're just actively taking the p**s now as if they ever weren't.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #59 on: 02-09-19, 11:32AM »
We have new canteen. Its a f****ng joke. Work not trully finished. Canteen is now very depressing place.
Old stuff left behind newly buildup wall. Floor not done so we have some hols left and some uneven parts as old floor been placed around old furnitures but new furnitures did not come into old space. You can easly trip over, fell and smash your head on the table ;D. Not mentioning buckets beacuse of leaking roof. We used to have sofa so some people working long double twilight, night shift could snooze for an hour. Now its gone.
Equipment is same as it was, just we have smaller dishwasher as old one likes to break when you really need it.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #60 on: 02-09-19, 02:41PM »
When the canteen refurb took place in my old store, they worked around you on days!! Cables running everywhere, workmen stood on tables, dust flying everywhere, drilling and swearing, all during your " respite " not to mention the glue fumes, felt high as a kite some days  :thumbup:
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #61 on: 02-09-19, 08:12PM »
Funny part is that, store went through refurbishment for some around £1M. Few new tiles, new canteen, some new racks for produce, replaced barriers inside chillers and painted walls. Most important work not done, holes in the floors, leaking roof in some about dozen places, no new fridges (its cheaper to repair them every month when packed up), no new shutters on loading bay (easier to put some cages across so no one get in or out) .......

Victor

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #62 on: 28-09-19, 06:06AM »
Vending machines always empty in ours.
No bottles of water and the water machine is filthy with stinky black water coming out. Fruit nearly always empty.
Cutlery with bits of food still on after it’s been through dishwasher and put out for us to use.
Most of our staff clean up after so that’s not too bad.

I don't see the fuss...

shop floor prices are always way cheaper.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #63 on: 28-09-19, 08:46AM »
But if it's a Sunday out of hrs or nightshift the store isnt open and you cant get anything !

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #64 on: 28-09-19, 09:58AM »
Vending machines always empty in ours.
No bottles of water and the water machine is filthy with stinky black water coming out. Fruit nearly always empty.
Cutlery with bits of food still on after it’s been through dishwasher and put out for us to use.
Most of our staff clean up after so that’s not too bad.

I don't see the fuss...

shop floor prices are always way cheaper.

And that lethargy is the reason why colleagues privilidges have been stripped to the bone! There are colleagues out there who can't afford to be buying a £3 meal deal, many live alone, and the cooked meal during a full shift, was the only cooked meal they may have during the day, the cooked breakfast was used by many, as was the choice for mid shift hot meal, it wasn't always the best, but for the price it was hot and filling.
Imagine yourself freezing most of the day out on trollies or in the warehouse, or during the night shift when they turn the heating off, and your choice is to use a filthy microwave to heat up your meal, using stained cups and cruddy cutlery!!
Apparently the staff restroom is barely used anymore in my old store, as no one wants to spend their break cleaning up before and after use, with no extra time allowance to do it, and all breaks are unpaid, so if you've got to fill a kettle, as no one bothered to fill it and put it to boil after they had emptied it, clean a table and tray, after the dirty sods before, clean the cutlery and cup for use, the encrusted microwave, extract all the bits of food from knives left in the butter tub, spreads etc...yep, I see all the fuss!

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #65 on: 28-09-19, 01:30PM »
But if it's a Sunday out of hrs or nightshift the store isnt open and you cant get anything !

Heaven forbid you buy before your shift.

spacerman

« Reply #66 on: 28-09-19, 06:05PM »
Has anyone tried using policy against the new canteen, the policy being if your break gets disrupted you are alowed your full break entitlement again.

We are on an unpaid break, tidying the canteen could be classified as work... No?

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #67 on: 28-09-19, 08:34PM »
If I were to tidy the canteen in it's generality, I'd either do it before or after my break, it'd never be during.

As for tidy as you go i.e. clearing your own mess, I think you'd be hard pressed to show that constitutes "working".

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #68 on: 28-09-19, 09:52PM »
Aye, but if you work in certain departments you would not be allocated extra time to clean before, or after your break, as some are timed from the minute they leave, to the minute they return!!

It's not about working...its about timings, cleaners supposed to be cleaning the canteen, washing pots etc...

VladPutin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #69 on: 28-09-19, 11:30PM »
Going to be fun during the winter months, waiting along with half a dozen of one's colleagues to use the single microwave(assuming it's not broken)to prepare a hot breakfast.

But at least the untermenschen at head office will have a cooked breakfast, and that's what's important, right? >:(

Colliedog

« Reply #70 on: 29-09-19, 07:51AM »
In our store before the canteen closed the cleaners never cleaned the kitchen and seating area properly always getting a red, how do you expect them to be keeping the canteen clean now - it ain't goin to happen

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #71 on: 29-09-19, 08:51AM »
Going to be fun during the winter months, waiting along with half a dozen of one's colleagues to use the single microwave(assuming it's not broken)to prepare a hot breakfast.

But at least the untermenschen at head office will have a cooked breakfast, and that's what's important, right? >:(

Not forgetting the Christmas dinner, standing in line whilst the token manager, dressed in crass festive garb, heats up your pre pack meal, to put on your tray with your warm glass of Schloer, ("do you want white or red pretend wine") solitary cracker, mince pie, and "help yourself to a sweet from the quality street tub, and thanks for all your hard work during the year"  :-[

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #72 on: 29-09-19, 08:54AM »
In our store before the canteen closed the cleaners never cleaned the kitchen and seating area properly always getting a red, how do you expect them to be keeping the canteen clean now - it ain't goin to happen

The canteen staff did all the cleaning before, the cleaning company only mopped the floor, with a stinking mop that had been left standing in dirty water overnight!

Whistleblower

« Reply #73 on: 29-09-19, 09:50AM »
I 've reported my store to the relevant authorities for reasons stated below,

1 cleaning staff, giving no food,hygiene training.

2 vending machines not being cleaned as cleaning staff have not been trained how to clean them properly, or being giving the proper equipment to do so.

3 Don't change the water in plate-wash for weeks on end.

4 when going into kitchen they should have protective clothing, remember they go into toilets and empty bins, then probably  go into food area holding kitchen equipment which we eat from without washing hands and  have contaminated uniform.

5 Don't put up with it report them.

Colliedog

« Reply #74 on: 29-09-19, 01:01PM »
You are dead right, I have never seen them use clean hot water >:D