Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
08-12-19, 06:43PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62787
  • Total Topics: 1104
  • Online Today: 160
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 126
Total: 132

Author Topic: Canteen  (Read 20371 times)

Whistleblower

Re: Canteen
« Reply #100 on: 25-10-19, 09:15AM »
What about bakers going outside for a fag whilst in whites or not changing their footwear? Or about Tesco staff not being able to do basic CAYG when it comes to both the shop floor and in the canteen? What about the customer canteen cafe some of whom also have zero training. But I guess it is easier for people like you to target staff who you think are beneath you and are an easy target...how many stores have you visited and how many cleaning staff have you spoken to regarding the staff canteen setup?
my goodness someone should read previous posts on this subject before accusing me of thinking I think others are beneath me, my friend is a cleaner and like the cleaning manager on a previous post said this was put on them with no consultation my friend has had no basic food training,also not been giving any protective gear, others on this forum have complained about the state of their canteens, again read previous posts before you have a go at me.
Tesco made the decision to close canteen s that s fine with me but just handing over to a cleaning company that can t be arsed to give its staff basic food training or protective clothing to do their job properly ,
And this is a requirement of the food safety act 1990,read it, also Google e coli, and health and safety is everybody's responsibility,so if you see somebody breaking health and safety laws report them,but trouble is management Don t see health and safety problems cos their heads are up their arse

Whistleblower

« Reply #101 on: 25-10-19, 10:57AM »
I agree do not blame the cleaners , when the canteens were closed cleaners were told with no discussion that they were now responsible for washing up ,filling vending machines and cleanliness of the canteens,but it also should be the responsibility of Tesco staff to help cleaning staff to keep their canteen clean. 

1 scrape your plate into the bin provided and any other debris,

2 if the bin is overflowing, Don t put more stuff on top, take rubbish from bin and get a new bin bag

3 clean up your own spillage s

4 work with your cleaners, if you think your management is bad. Believe me their upper management is 10 times worse e.g. Google adzuna reviews for mitie

5 cleaners are doing their very best with the limited sources they are giving
just in case anyone else feels that I think cleaners are beneath me,the only thing that's beneath me are crystal palace supporters and the wife :P

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #102 on: 25-10-19, 07:22PM »
What about bakers going outside for a fag whilst in whites or not changing their footwear? Or about Tesco staff not being able to do basic CAYG when it comes to both the shop floor and in the canteen? What about the customer canteen cafe some of whom also have zero training. But I guess it is easier for people like you to target staff who you think are beneath you and are an easy target...how many stores have you visited and how many cleaning staff have you spoken to regarding the staff canteen setup?
but trouble is management Don t see health and safety problems cos their heads are up their arse

Never have truer words been spoken.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #103 on: 27-10-19, 11:44AM »
Yesterday on BBC website

Headline- poor toilet hygiene behind e.coli superbug

As I've said before cleaning staff going straight into canteens after cleaning toilets without protective clothing, maybe not washing their hands and then touching cutlery crockery and other utensils with faeces still on their clothing,hands and tesco think this is acceptable

E.coli can kill, it can cause miscarriages and  still people with no hygiene training,with no protective clothing are working in kitchen areas with s*** on their hands

It s a disaster waiting to happen

Do you live in a sterile bubble or something.

Not seen our cleaners with sh*t on their hands any more than the grim gits we work with who dont wash their hands either.

Not sure what your agenda is but I dont think getting angry at us will give you the resolution you want.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #104 on: 28-10-19, 07:47AM »
 8-) having seen some cleaning practices first hand, I sometimes wished I was in a bubble!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

WageSlave81

« Reply #105 on: 30-10-19, 02:56PM »
Just to counter some of the comments, our canteen was done up a few months ago,

The layout works, and there's enough space on the counter to make drinks, put stuff in the toaster/microwave,
There's plenty of bread,
There's plenty of clean cups,
There's plenty of clean utensils,
There's plenty of clean plates,

I've not used it much but every time I have, it's never a mess and everyone seems to be using the dishwashers and bins, hopefully it stays that way.

Long gone

« Reply #106 on: 05-11-19, 12:49AM »
Yesterday on BBC website

Headline- poor toilet hygiene behind e.coli superbug

As I've said before cleaning staff going straight into canteens after cleaning toilets without protective clothing, maybe not washing their hands and then touching cutlery crockery and other utensils with faeces still on their clothing,hands and tesco think this is acceptable

E.coli can kill, it can cause miscarriages and  still people with no hygiene training,with no protective clothing are working in kitchen areas with s*** on their hands

It s a disaster waiting to happen

Do you live in a sterile bubble or something.

Not seen our cleaners with sh*t on their hands any more than the grim gits we work with who dont wash their hands either.

Not sure what your agenda is but I dont think getting angry at us will give you the resolution you want.

Our instore baker used to scratch his arse on the shop floor and actually smell his fingers in full view of customers, he’s now a manager. Says a lot about hygiene standards at Tossco. Cleaners using red mope for toilets in canteens has also been done before, it’s always hygienic to clean a place you eat your food with a mop covered in p**s

VladPutin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #107 on: 23-11-19, 04:03PM »
Can't wait for the, "Xmas Buffet". The cooked dinner we used to get was nothing to write home about, but at least it was hot. Nothing says tesco values their staff like sandwiches and cold sausage rolls when it's brass monkey weather.

Still at least head office, "workers" will get a hot meal. One can only hope they choke on it. And that's not a figure of speech. >:D

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #108 on: 26-11-19, 03:08PM »
Yea just found out we are having an xmas buffet sat down lunch. Who wants that garbage a crappy sarny made out of value guff with them small frozen cream cakes that taste terrible for afters. All while they try to flog you raffle tickets with the funds going to the social fund and tell you how marvelous Tesco is.

Think I will give it a swerve.

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #109 on: 27-11-19, 02:52PM »
Still don't get it do they,they've completely changed a lot of people's outlook on the company shove fun at work,shove your buffet.....maybe they should have done a trial in a few stores,and obviously lie about the results and go ahead anyway.Buffet choke on it.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #110 on: 28-11-19, 07:36AM »
Speaking to ex colleagues today, they are being offered a buffet, with hot food from the chicken ovens, and being served in the now stinking canteen, which has become filthy with no machines or vends working.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

VladPutin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #111 on: 03-12-19, 06:37AM »
At least they still have chicken ovens. We don't.

Seriously, managers would be better just phoning in a large order to the nearest McDonald's 8-)

Administrator Comment Other fast food outlets are available :D

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #112 on: 03-12-19, 12:04PM »
So much for healthy eating and looking after your staff.

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #113 on: 03-12-19, 01:27PM »
You really want water fruit and vegetables with dips as the only options. Have you seen what every tesco member of staff runs on. Red bull and relentless cans all day long.

sadoldman

« Reply #114 on: 03-12-19, 04:17PM »
For our Xmas buffet our store manger went to  M&S for the sandwiches, says it all. 

takethemoneyandrun

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #115 on: 03-12-19, 09:15PM »
Still don't get it do they,they've completely changed a lot of people's outlook on the company shove fun at work,shove your buffet.....maybe they should have done a trial in a few stores,and obviously lie about the results and go ahead anyway.Buffet choke on it.
My sentiments exactly...

VladPutin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #116 on: 03-12-19, 10:22PM »
At least they still have chicken ovens. We don't.

Seriously, managers would be better just phoning in a large order to the nearest McDonald's 8-)

Administrator Comment Other fast food outlets are available :D

I would have suggested Pizza Hut, but I don't think my store has the budget for it. :D

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #117 on: 04-12-19, 11:17AM »
What's happening about the Christmas dinner this year? Is it true the Team Manaagers are buying in the Chinese with the big bonus they still receive.

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #118 on: 04-12-19, 11:36AM »
All stores have been issued money, how they use it is up to them.