Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-09-19, 09:02AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60687
  • Total Topics: 1068
  • Online Today: 150
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Stock control  (Read 11162 times)

Kenb92

• VLH Supporter
Stock control
« on: 19-08-19, 02:30PM »
Hi everyone,

Im hoping someone will be able to help.
I started my new role as a non food stock controller 3 weeks ago and im loving it so far but im having a little bit of a problem with gap scan.
Today i was on my department by  myself  and when i did my gap scan on health and beauty i had 72 gaps i set them all to zero and then submitted it but then when i went to the control room to do my first reportand 5514 nothing that i had gapped was there. my manager wasnt in but i manged to find my colleague to ask what i had done wrong. He looked at my pda and saw that i had done  them so at first he thought the system might be down because we had a power cut yesterday so went back out on the shopfloor and he did a gap on his pda and then went back to the control room and checked 5514 and his gap was there. We were both confused and we both dont know what went wrong? Am i missing doing something? Am i doing something wrong?
Also my manager messaged me a while ago and told me that we have to start doing a low line scan when gap scanning. How do i do that? I have never been shown.
I hope someone will be able to help me, thanks for reading.

spacerman

Re: Stock control
« Reply #1 on: 19-08-19, 02:35PM »
It could be a software problem on the PDA, did you try a reboot of the handset?

As for the low lines send your manager a message back and ask them to train you for low lines, some tesco managers have a problem training people they seems to believe they are above it.

If you don't receive training do not do it until you receive it.

Siwel123

« Reply #2 on: 19-08-19, 03:15PM »
Not a clue what has gone wrong, by isn't 5514 shrink?i thought to chwvk gaps you went on 534 and then to confirm 535? Or maybe that's food stock only.

Your manager or a colleague needs to train you on lows, it's not a hard task but you need showing properly

Bubble2029

« Reply #3 on: 19-08-19, 03:56PM »
Not a clue what has gone wrong, by isn't 5514 shrink?i thought to chwvk gaps you went on 534 and then to confirm 535? Or maybe that's food stock only.

Your manager or a colleague needs to train you on lows, it's not a hard task but you need showing properly
5511 is shrink but your right on the rest i don't know what the other is

Siwel123

« Reply #4 on: 19-08-19, 05:19PM »
Strange as 5514 shows me our shrink? Is it difderent for every store then?

Me2015

• Regular Pain
« Reply #5 on: 19-08-19, 05:50PM »
5514 will show you dept totals for the day or week, 5511 allows you to print of Top 50 shrink for each dept

534 is for gaps review, 535 is the final Gaps Report

Ntay

« Reply #6 on: 20-08-19, 07:31AM »
Sounds like your resetting book stocks to zero using the low line option and not using gapscan option as you said you set all to zero, the gap option will automatically do this.
If you've only counted them that would explain why you've not got any gaps showing.
And as stated its 534 to review.

Kenb92

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #7 on: 20-08-19, 08:36AM »
Sounds like your resetting book stocks to zero using the low line option and not using gapscan option as you said you set all to zero, the gap option will automatically do this.
If you've only counted them that would explain why you've not got any gaps showing.
And as stated its 534 to review.

No because my colleague did the exact same thing  and his gap was showing thats why were confused on what went wrong with mine. But i think the first poster might be right  im only suppsed to  have access to pda ls 5-26 i dont know why  but my manager gave me access to all and i used pda 3 yday so maybe that could be why

Kenb92

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #8 on: 20-08-19, 08:38AM »

As for the low lines send your manager a message back and ask them to train you for low lines, some tesco managers have a problem training people they seems to believe they are above it.

I think you might be right for my department where only supposed to have access to pda 5-26 but when my manager signed me up he gave me access to all the pdas and i used number 3 yesterday so maybe this could be why it happened

Siwel123

« Reply #9 on: 20-08-19, 10:50AM »
5514 will show you dept totals for the day or week, 5511 allows you to print of Top 50 shrink for each dept

534 is for gaps review, 535 is the final Gaps Report

Ah cheers, definitely thought i was on the right track, shocking i didn't get told about 5511

Siwel123

« Reply #10 on: 20-08-19, 10:53AM »

I think you might be right for my department where only supposed to have access to pda 5-26 but when my manager signed me up he gave me access to all the pdas and i used number 3 yesterday so maybe this could be why it happened

I wouldn't say this would be the cause of the issue at all mate, all pdas have the same software on them so regardles if you used a different number pda if it has stock exceptions programme on it, then it's going to work.

When you say you went to look at your gaps, why didn't you go on 534 and print the list of gaps you need to try eliminate out?

tomsawyer

« Reply #11 on: 20-08-19, 01:41PM »
If you alter a stock record to zero via the stock exceptions routine you need to check the review and zero the warehouse stock. Where the stock level of the product is already low, say 1 or 2 singles only, then more often than not the system will set to zero.

This would not show on the 5514 screen until you had confirmed your counts though via 141.

If you initially press the gap button (rather than adjusting the stock record) it will automatically zero the product and will appear on the 5514 screen immediately

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #12 on: 20-08-19, 02:50PM »
Aye...hands up all those that thought being a stockie, was to just stroll around all day with a piece of paper and tap a few buttons on a PDA  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

beentheredoneit

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #13 on: 21-08-19, 10:09AM »
Hi everyone,

Im hoping someone will be able to help.
I started my new role as a non food stock controller 3 weeks ago and im loving it so far but im having a little bit of a problem with gap scan.
Today i was on my department by  myself  and when i did my gap scan on health and beauty i had 72 gaps i set them all to zero and then submitted it but then when i went to the control room to do my first reportand 5514 nothing that i had gapped was there. my manager wasnt in but i manged to find my colleague to ask what i had done wrong. He looked at my pda and saw that i had done  them so at first he thought the system might be down because we had a power cut yesterday so went back out on the shopfloor and he did a gap on his pda and then went back to the control room and checked 5514 and his gap was there. We were both confused and we both dont know what went wrong? Am i missing doing something? Am i doing something wrong?
Also my manager messaged me a while ago and told me that we have to start doing a low line scan when gap scanning. How do i do that? I have never been shown.
I hope someone will be able to help me, thanks for reading.
a bit disturbing to read this.
gaps process is to use low line scan - produces dated red label and zeroes the bookstock then print 534 and go look for the gaps on sheet
Then use gap scan job to remove the gap when you find the stock - keeps the bookstock as it was.
then print 535 to review in availability meeting
5514 can be a bit slow to update, but need to review for glaring errors

I find it the best system we have had - and Ive been around a while ......main contention is times are limiting
beentheredoneit

beentheredoneit

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #14 on: 21-08-19, 10:11AM »
.... other problem is replenishment being too lazy to remove tos labels ,,,,,, and proving they dont do 4 point check.
beentheredoneit

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #15 on: 21-08-19, 04:32PM »
Beentheredonethat , I do one night a week on shop floor as part of my contract and the red labels not being removed even drives me crazy , if I were stock control I think I'd commit murder 😡😡

whatajoke2019

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #16 on: 22-08-19, 12:10AM »
Please don't get me started on failing to remove the red T.O.S labels... I was once told by the Stock Control manager in my store it was one of the biggest complaints from customers as it hid the prices.

A good friend of mine who works on SC loves adding/removing gaps when stock has been filled in the wrong place and if I worked on there I'd do the same too  >:D!

Siwel123

« Reply #17 on: 22-08-19, 01:09AM »
It's very annoying when you do a gapscan one day and then you're back in the next and your gaps have been filled but the tos labels are still there. It literally takes them 10 seconds to remove it, so why don't they?

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #18 on: 22-08-19, 08:02AM »
Please don't get me started on failing to remove the red T.O.S labels... I was once told by the Stock Control manager in my store it was one of the biggest complaints from customers as it hid the prices.

A good friend of mine who works on SC loves adding/removing gaps when stock has been filled in the wrong place and if I worked on there I'd do the same too  >:D!

You get used to the aisles, and how the workers fill them. Some leave a gap, so you know it's a gap, you scan and red ticket it. Others don't remove the TOS label when they fill, so you literally have to read each label to see if it's a gap or faced over. Then there's the aisles that are notorious for just over facing to get the stock out , but don't put any indication that it's a gap, (old TOS label or turn the ticket up) so the product doesn't get scanned at all!

Your friend is right...if it's a gap, it's a gap, regardless if you know where it is, it highlights every day, that they are filling in the wrong places, especially when you move them to the right place, then they do the same when it's sold through. If I was running out of time, I would put all my instores on a cage in the warehouse, clearly marked as "instores to go out" with the day and date. Next day I would find they hadn't been put out, so I would just include them again in my gap scan, and instore the cage and spend the rest of my time putting them out, and not looking for any other instores that day! Which results in a knock on effect, with bookstocks etc...for the gaps I didn't investigate that day!
« Last Edit: 22-08-19, 08:04AM by lucgeo »

Siwel123

« Reply #19 on: 23-08-19, 01:02AM »
Are you guys expected to out products you find in the back out?
I don't think I've ever filled the gaps that I've found the products for

beentheredoneit

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #20 on: 23-08-19, 07:34AM »
Are you guys expected to out products you find in the back out?
I don't think I've ever filled the gaps that I've found the products for
heatmap says we have the hours to do this. We don't, so left for replenishment to fill .
beentheredoneit

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #21 on: 23-08-19, 08:12AM »
 8-) which they don't, so still not working is it??

beentheredoneit

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #22 on: 23-08-19, 10:42AM »
If ours dont, incur wrath of SM .... (who does care ....)
beentheredoneit

Siwel123

« Reply #23 on: 23-08-19, 11:00AM »
It seems our managers don't care we don't personally fill the gaps, as long as we instore them to improve the figures, they're happy

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #24 on: 23-08-19, 01:00PM »
If ours dont, incur wrath of SM .... (who does care ....)

Eh??? How can they suffer the wrath of the SM for not doing a stock control task?? If the SM cares, then they should be looking into why stock control aren't able to complete their tasks, as specified in their job description and allocated hours  ???

Hence the reason I used to work the cage the next day, and let it impact SC routines...to highlight the work can't be done in the allocation of hours, due to outside influences impacting our routines. Robbing Peter's hours to cover Paul's dept. It's the domino effect.
« Last Edit: 23-08-19, 01:05PM by lucgeo »