Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-10-19, 12:24AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61624
  • Total Topics: 1082
  • Online Today: 130
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 123
Total: 126

Author Topic: Stock control  (Read 15679 times)

madness

• Smart Arse
Re: Stock control
« Reply #100 on: 09-10-19, 05:41PM »
Tesco could solve a lot of problems by dropping 1 in front. If there's a queue there's a queue, the checkout manager will finally get a fail instead of being bailed out by the shop all the time.

RandomJim

« Reply #101 on: 09-10-19, 07:00PM »
I don't know how to post a new thread so as I'm stock control il put it in here.

So apparently the store manager has “decree” that all staff are to be trained on checkouts.
Now being stock control, my routines are timed and nobody else in the whole store is trained in it so if my dept doesn’t do the work .. it doesn’t get done.

I’ve seen the list of training and I’m the only stock controllwr on my side with my name down to be trained. Can I refuse until everyone has been trained as 1 guy said he’s on an old contract so doesn’t have to (I call bull) and the other guy isn’t down for it.

Now I am also the only dss clerk in the store so how is it fair that I have to do my work, dss, fill, merchandise, do labels and any other thing they ask and now have to be on checkouts .. yet still paid the same hourly as everyone else.
Yes it’s not fair but this is super not fair ... why am I being singled out as the only 1 to be trained?

Even if I have to suck it up ... I can’t exactly go on checkouts when I’ve got £4k worth of gap scan to look for.

Don't see what the problem is RandomJim. If you can't finish you're routines because you've been covering checkouts, then so be it. If you're manager thinks you've been skiving all shift, then tell him what you've been doing. And if he thinks he's gonna give you a hard time over it, tell him to go do one. After all, you've only got one pair of hands. Simples.

I just don’t think it’s fair that I’m expected to cover other departments and do the equivalent of 2+ people when I’m paid the exact same amount as those who just sit on a checkout all shift, who haven’t been into redundancy meetings, don’t have other things to do and aren’t trained on anything else.

Nobody else in store is trained on stock control and it’s not a higher paid skill job like bakery or counters yet I’m EXPECTED to do it and every other job they want me to do.

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #102 on: 09-10-19, 07:27PM »
The jobs a p**s take from the minute you clock on to clocking off.....i've given up trying,do what I can,constantly bombarded by colleagues asking for this and that.....i know your busy c**p.....no  f****ng s***......full chewing gum count came down yesterday it didn't get done.....lost the hours cheeky twats can f*** off.Manager oblivious as usual.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #103 on: 09-10-19, 08:28PM »
Checkouts is one of the few areas where you can prove exactly where you have been. If as a stock controller you are asked to go on a till, jump on and just go home at the end of your shift with whatever not completed. If ever pulled over non completion of stock control jobs just get the manager to print off your sign on and off times from checkout back office. If you only work 4 hours and have spent 2 on a till no one can touch you.

On a separate note why in 2019 do we still have I Dont Queue?

When introduced people did one weekly shop in a physical shop (often a overflowing deep trolley). Being behind 2 customers could cause a 5-10 minute wait.

Now more often than not the 2 customers will rarely have more than 10 items each as people shop multiple times a week. People in a rush also have self serve, scan as you shop or .Com.....

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #104 on: 09-10-19, 08:59PM »
Supporting checkouts is the biggest grievance for shop-floor staff. I have many that care a lot about the department but get annoyed at constantly being pulled to checkouts.

Ravvers

• Over thirty four years in Tesco
« Reply #105 on: 09-10-19, 09:07PM »
Agreed , if a manager wants you to go on tills just do it , if gaps etc are not being done because of that then it's the managers problem not yours , as for old contracts it's correct they do not have to go on tills - it's not a job they were employed for , over a certain year new staff employed were expected to be checkout trained

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #106 on: 09-10-19, 09:40PM »
The jobs a p**s take from the minute you clock on to clocking off.....i've given up trying,do what I can,constantly bombarded by colleagues asking for this and that.....i know your busy c**p.....no  f****ng s***......full chewing gum count came down yesterday it didn't get done.....lost the hours cheeky twats can f*** off.Manager oblivious as usual.
f*** em mate. do what you can, have your breaks, then f*** off home on time. let lewis come in and finish what needs doing!!!
« Last Edit: 10-10-19, 11:09AM by Nomad »

Siwel123

« Reply #107 on: 09-10-19, 09:44PM »
I was pulled into a meeting by my manager and let me tell you I'm f****ng upset.

Managers have raised a complaint that when I start my shifts I don't go and ask them what parts have been worked (screw that, I literally go see them in the morning) also apparently throughout the day I'm failing to communicate with the duty manager and they feel out of the loop.

They've also raised the point I'm not showing them shrink and then looking for the highest items on there still left after doing my gaps. Absolute p**s take the lot of them, sooner I get off stock control the better.

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #108 on: 09-10-19, 10:20PM »
Shrink was removed from routines it’s up to the managers to look for it not you.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #109 on: 09-10-19, 11:25PM »
Same old, same old...everybody to be checkout trained...managers start arguing amongst themselves...tell their staff not to answer the call...checkout manager tells them to get on...they say their manager said not to...checkout manager says GET ON!!!..and the CA's get caught in the crossfire :(

@RandomJim
If you haven't been on checkouts for 8 years, then you won't have a number, and chances are most managers won't know or remember you used to work checkouts! So tell them you're a pre 2005 employee, even if they remember, checkouts will have changed so you will require training, which reverts to pre 2005 employees don't have to be trained on checkouts!

For anyone else stressing about being pulled on checkouts, so not finishing their work, you are to be commended for still giving a shite. Just go, sit there, take the time out to put your feet up, cross your fingers and hope they forget you're there, then handover all jobs not done to your manager, or duty, as you're leaving.

As londoner83 has rightly pointed out, you're sign on and off checkouts times are recorded, and your job on your section is your allocated hours to complete your tasks, so if your day is for 6 hours to do your routines, and you've accumulated time on checkouts, then A minus B, equals you go home on time, without all your routines completed  :)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.